Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This your god allows?

Options
  • 25-04-2012 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

A two-year-old child is critically ill after falling out of an apartment in Inchicore in Dublin.
    The incident happened at Tramyard Court just after 10am.
    The child fell from a fourth or fifth-floor apartment and was taken to Our Lady's Children's Hospital, Crumlin.

Article here

So this your god is fine with? :mad:

"I see only with deep regret that God punishes so many of His children for their numerous stupidities, for which only He Himself can be held responsible; in my opinion, only His nonexistence could excuse Him."
    -Albert Einstein

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

God lets lots of things happen - they are often a consequence of free will, ours or somebody else's. It doesn't mean he wants them to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Really??

homer911 wrote: »
    God lets lots of things happen - they are often a consequence of free will, ours or somebody else's. It doesn't mean he wants them to happen

Ah that old chestnut! How did I know that would be the first refuge of those who would defend the indefensible?
    Are you saying it was the childs choice and therefore the childs fault? Got what they deserved eh?
    If I were in that room at the time and witnessed the whole thing but did nothing to stop it, I would justifiably be held to account because doing nothing would be wrong. I'm an athiest and I know it's wrong to let children fall from five stories up! Where I wonder did my sense of right and wrong come from?
    Believers would have us believe god is everywhere and all powerful. According to my sense of right and wrong, god is complicit at very least as he was apparently in the room, could have acted to prevent this but chose not to. Your god is guilty of a crime against a child!!

Do you fault my assessment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement