Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yahoo Account Hacked

Options
  • 24-04-2012 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a yahoo mail account that I dont use. I use the login for flickr only.
    The only contact listed in my yahoo address book is my actual gmail address. The password on the yahoo account was a list of random numbers and letters.. so no words etc.

This evening I got a mail in my gmail inbox from the yahoo account that was spam. I checked the security centre on yahoo and it seems that my account was accessed by a browser in Morocco. I've changed the password on it straight away.

202103.jpg

Should I report this to yahoo or is it a regular occurence?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Never any harm in reporting it. At the least it'll give Yahoo an IP address (possibly spoofed) to cross reference with other security incidents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

LoLth wrote: »
    Never any harm in reporting it. At the least it'll give Yahoo an IP address (possibly spoofed) to cross reference with other security incidents.

I'm probably being an idiot here but I cannot find where I can report it anywhere on the yahoo site. Does anyone know the email address or link to the page?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭900913

900913 wrote: »

When I click the option that someone is sending mail from my account, it just gives me a suggested answer.. change your password.

Still having trouble contacting a real person in yahoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭900913

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070322042934AAjeA21
    There is no office in Dublin
    You would need to contact the UK office
    Country code 44
    020 7131 1000

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/codeofpractise.html#_Toc68954323
    Yahoo! UK Ltd
    125 Shaftesbury Avenue
    London
    WC2H 8AD
    Tel: +44 (0) 20 7131 1000
    Fax: +44 (0) 20 7131 1001
    Customer Service Tel: +44 (0) 870 352 2000

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

no offence OP, but the only people I know using yahoo are spammers and spoofers.

id recommend closing the account and getting something else. The evil Google perhaps?

syklops wrote: »
    no offence OP, but the only people I know using yahoo are spammers and spoofers.

id recommend closing the account and getting something else. The evil Google perhaps?

I mentioned in my OP that I dont use the account and that my main one is a gmail. I only had the yahoo account as a backup but yeah I think I'll close it.

Advertisement