Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodies DIY Doorbusters Blanchardstown

Options
  • 22-04-2012 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

From Thursday to Sunday next week there are some great deals to be got, call in and get the flyer.
    They done this last week in Glasnevin, first come first served, limited amounts each day (6-12).
    If you spend €25 you get a voucher from a member of staff for very cheep offers.
    Just a few, 5L of paint €0.99 , Bosch 9.6v cordless driver €4.99, B+D 9.6V €2.99, Karcher 1300W pressure washer €9.99 (save €72).

The queues started around 6am last week, same guys every day, but the bargains are good.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

nudger wrote: »
    Karcher 1300W pressure washer €9.99

Sweet!
    That really is some offer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

There will be a sprint to get them, 6 each day.
    The management in glasnevin had to "step in" as the same gang were there every morning grabbing all the bargains.
    Aim a bit lower and you will get a few, I got a RH Kettel for €2.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

What time does store open on Thurs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Are any other Woodies or Atlantic Homecare doing this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Ya, curious to know if this is widespread or just those stores you mention

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

Ya, curious to know if this is widespread or just those stores you mention
    Just blanch, they've just rebranded to woodies and did up the store

shardylan wrote: »
    What time does store open on Thurs ?

9.30am, When I went into Glasnevin I knew what I was buying and that it cost €100 so I went to the guy who had the vouchers, he crosses off items on a flyer at the front desk as the vouchers are handed out.
    When I got there most of the big items were gone but got the Kettle, 2 x 10L ceiling paint €0.99 each and 5L Dulux paint €0.99.
    The guy gave me 4 vouchers because I was spending €100 but don't know if he bent the rules a bit, might have only been due 1.

Bump.

Sale starts 9.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Bump.

Sale starts 9.30.

I'm sure we'll get the reports. I 'd say the early birds were out.

After posting I took a spin up about 9.45am, Elvis outside giving it socks on mic.

The store was open and a queue of about 40 outside in the rain.

Saw a guy coming out with a tub of fence guard, that was one of the things on offer but would have been well down the list so the good stuff must have been snapped up.

• Advertisement

After posting I took a spin up about 9.45am, Elvis outside giving it socks on mic.

The store was open and a queue of about 40 outside in the rain.

Saw a guy coming out with a tub of fence guard, that was one of the things on offer but would have been well down the list so the good stuff must have been snapped up.

It was the official opening of the new store today. One of the workers was telling me last week that there was a colouring competition for kids in local school(s) and the winning child, and thier family, were getting collected by car this morning and brought to the store with their school class in tow ( on a bus ) and then the winner was presented with a voucher ( for what I'm not sure ). Probably a garden set - of absolutely no use the the kid !

Well thats what I was told was going to happen anyway:)

Yeah, heard that on the radio, same radio station had their Fiat 500's rolling out the car park as we pulled in.

Might give it a go tomorrow morning after the school run around 8.15am, if only a few in the queue I'll go for the pressure washer.:D

Yeah, heard that on the radio, same radio station had their Fiat 500's rolling out the car park as we pulled in.

Might give it a go tomorrow morning after the school run around 8.15am, if only a few in the queue I'll go for the pressure washer.:D
    You'll be doing well to get it at that time. You might get a can of paint :D

dodzy wrote: »
    You'll be doing well to get it at that time. You might get a can of paint :D

Thanks for that,:rolleyes: but at least it's a bit like Buy 1,Get 1 free.:)

Cordless 9.6v driver for brother in laws birthday €2.99.:D

Thanks for that,:rolleyes: but at least it's a bit like Buy 1,Get 1 free.:)

Cordless 9.6v driver for brother in laws birthday €2.99.:D
    If you are early enough ,and you manage to get your hands on one, you do realise that you have to spend €25 before you can avail of the deals, dont you ?

Yeah, so buy one for €26.99 get one for €0.99 saving €20 ish.

In the blurb the €25 spend is played down but you can't blame then on that, get them in the door and see what happens.

Advertisement