Musgrave Cork Chill Strike - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

21-04-2012, 15:54   #31
54kroc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboot View Post
Ask those who are contracted to work 46 Sundays out there how they'd feel about doing a meagre 26.
They probably feel the same as every other worker in the country that has taken a cut in their wage.
Advertisement
21-04-2012, 18:07   #32
gral6

[QUOTEQuote:
Originally Posted by bassboot
Ask those who are contracted to work 46 Sundays out there how they'd feel about doing a meagre 26.

They probably feel the same as every other worker in the country that has taken a cut in their wage. ][/QUOTE]
Not everyone in this country on 18 Eu p/h like those in Musgrave.Everyone is free to leave if they feel like they are being exploited
21-04-2012, 18:16   #33
Shatner
Closed Account

The plight of the workers in Vita Cortex down the road from the Musgrave strike puts the problems (!) of the Chill workers in perspective.
21-04-2012, 19:01   #34
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gral6 View Post
[QUOTEQuote:
Originally Posted by bassboot

They probably feel the same as every other worker in the country that has taken a cut in their wage. ]
Not everyone in this country on 18 Eu p/h like those in Musgrave.Everyone is free to leave if they feel like they are being exploited[/QUOTE]

are you kidding me?18 euro's a hours? and there complaining about some voice thing?jesus christ man I'm outta work at the moment I'll take one of there jobs if they don't want it
21-04-2012, 21:09   #35
Fishrman

I genuinely wish all Musgrave workers well. They are decent people from what i know. Its just that i would hate to see more wealth slipping out of this country to german and tesco shareholders. There is a long game to play. If we need to work smarter then we should jump at the chance. I am a proud irish person and make no apologies for it!
Advertisement
21-04-2012, 21:18   #36
userr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gral6 View Post
You can ask Userr1 how strike ended in Fonthill 5 years ago
There has never been an official strike in Fonthill.
21-04-2012, 21:26   #37
userr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishrman View Post
I genuinely wish all Musgrave workers well. They are decent people from what i know. Its just that i would hate to see more wealth slipping out of this country to german and tesco shareholders. There is a long game to play. If we need to work smarter then we should jump at the chance. I am a proud irish person and make no apologies for it!
Don't be fooled by Musgrave Irish spin. Look at some of the highest earners in Musgrave - Peter and Mary Musgrave, resident in Lake Como (Swiss Shore), Hugh McKeown, resident in Barbados. That's the type of tax free living that the good people of the Musgrave Board take their money to.
21-04-2012, 21:34   #38
54kroc

Quote:
Originally Posted by userr1 View Post
Don't be fooled by Musgrave Irish spin. Look at some of the highest earners in Musgrave - Peter and Mary Musgrave, resident in Lake Como (Swiss Shore), Hugh McKeown, resident in Barbados. That's the type of tax free living that the good people of the Musgrave Board take their money to.
What's wrong with that?
21-04-2012, 21:36   #39
gral6

Quote:
are you kidding me?18 euro's a hours? and there complaining about some voice thing?jesus christ man I'm outta work at the moment I'll take one of there jobs if they don't want it
Ask them what they want..prob 2.5% inflation makes a big difference after 18 Eu p/h..
Hopefully they'll know how it is to be on 8.65 p/h or on the dole or to be employed one of the agency being used in Fonthill.
Advertisement
21-04-2012, 21:52   #40
mcko

It's about time working men and women stand up for themselves, when I hear people knocking people looking after their pay and conditions it really annoys me.
I don't know the full story here but I would not believe all the ibec spin in the press about this and other matters.
To get an official strike today is next to impossible, so for that reason I would feel the workers have a strong case.
Having a job isn't something to be embarrassed about.
Companies are still making millions or where I work billions.
As a workmate of mine said
They won't waste a good recession.
21-04-2012, 21:53   #41
bladebrew

Are they actually on €18 an hour
that is insane, i doubt they are all on such good money musgraves would go out of business trying to pay that wage bill,
21-04-2012, 21:59   #42
gral6

18 p/h-day shift,19 p/h night shift..Poor people struggling to make ends meet!
Thanks from:
21-04-2012, 22:02   #43
bladebrew

If anyone hears of jobs in musgraves please pm me
21-04-2012, 22:42   #44
userr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54kroc View Post
What's wrong with that?
Nothing at all, more power to them. I only mentioned it in the context of the comment regarding Tesco, Lidl and Aldi revenue leaving the country. Supervalu and Centra revenue leaves these fine shores in shed loads too.
22-04-2012, 02:00   #45
Douglasman80

This is absolutely incredible. I work in musgrave tramore road in the offices have a 4 year degree from ucc and am working with the company since 2004 and I am earning 6000 less than the average wage from
The chill warehouse .the last pay increase I got from the company was four years ago and as part of my job since I started I have changed my work through technogical for no extra money. The chill workers should b ashamed of themselves. There are plenty friends of mine who are unemployed who would do the job for half the price. 46000 a year is well paid. Its nearly enough about them when the musgrave union drivers won't back them.
(4) thanks from:
Thread Closed