Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards short Zombie film project

Options
  • 17-04-2012 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

The boards short zombie film project is ready to get underway. If you want to get involved you can throw you name in the hat by sending an email to boardszombieproject@gmail.com, include any areas you're interested in getting involved in, whereabouts in the country you're based (county will do) so we have some idea where people are. Any experience or skills you might have that would be useful for the project.

This thread will be for official announcements to do with the project, it will remain locked. Discussion of the project can take place in the following thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056600271

At this point nothing is set in stone and we’re open to suggestions until we get the story script sorted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

We are looking for zombie stories!

The Boards zombie film project is ready to begin, the first and most important part is to come up with a story.

If you have a story or plot you can submit it to the email address boardszombieproject@gmail.com with the title “SCRIPT STORY”. We are aiming for a run time of around 15 minutes and you also have to bare in mind that we are all amateurs, we will be limited by budget, time and resources.
    Quite a bit is possible in post production as we’ll be using an industry standard piece of software that professionals use but just because the software is professional doesn’t mean the person using it is so don’t go to mad on special effects but we are going to want one or two good special effect scenes.

We may not stick to one particular story, if you submit a story to us you give us the permission to edit or use a part of the story in another story. At this stage we are looking for ideas more than anything. The limitations of budget, locations and timing will affect the story and we will need to be able to change things to suit what we think we can actually carry out.

Once we have a script we will be able to work out what would be needed to carry out that script.

The rules
    We’re dealing with slow moving dead zombies, there is room for a manic stage during the infection but once they die and turn into zombies they’re slow moving.

The story is to be set in Ireland.

The zombie disease happens outside of Ireland and makes its way here through international transport. The disease takes the best part of a day to turn the healthy into zombies.

DEADLINE FOR SCRIPTS IS THE 1ST OF JUNE.

If you have any questions you can PM me and I can add them to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

We will need to compile a list of possible locations to shoot the zombie short at.

Now while zombie estates will look all bleak and run down and would be suitable for a desolet Ireland some years after the zombie outbreak they might not suit every story and there may well be stories that don’t revolve around guys wandering around a ghost estate for the rest of their days.

Types of locations we will possibly need.

A road: Roads are bound to feature in just about any story and unless we intend on getting a road shut down to film on it could be difficult to film on an actual road. We can’t just set up shop on any road without permission I’d assume. So if anyone knows of private or disused roads we would like to know about them.

A house: This one should be easy enough, I would be willing to use my house the only problem with my house is it’s an apartment in the middle of town so again maybe not ideal.

A shop/supermarket: There’s always at least one scene in a shop in every zombie film so we better have something in the bank.

A train station: I think there are many disused train stations around the country, they could be the ideal setting for a good outbreak scene.

A field/forrest: Again fields and forests would probably feature heavily in any zombie film. Most fields and forests are private land so we would need permission to film there.

A petrol station: It would be interesting to have a scene with a vehicle and the obvious lack of fuel at the time of the outbreak. Short scene, more as a background than a full action scene.

A farm: with a proper barn, house and a field. Possibly including some machinery if possible to add a bit of taste.

If you’re currently working on a script/story for the film and you have a location in mind please email us on boardszombieproject@gmail.com or send me a PM and I’ll add a request for that location.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement