Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with Groupon voucher at dentist.

Options
  • 17-04-2012 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭

Hi everyone. I bought a groupon voucher a few weeks ago to get a crown at a dental clinic in Ballsbridge. I went for the first consultation and they said I needed extra work done before the crown is placed. That was fine for me as I kind of suspected the extra work was needed anyway.

They done up a treatment plan and told me they would contact me the next day with the price. Two days passed and I heard nothing so I phoned them and was told they would call me back in a few minutes...they never did so the next day I phoned again and they said the plan and price would be emailed to me the following Monday (yesterday). I didn't receive it so I phoned them again today and once again I'm sitting here on the promise they'll phone me back.

I'm beginning to get worried that I'm being fobbed off for some reason and I don't want to be at the loss of the money I already spent on the voucher.

Has anyone ever dealt with this dentist using the groupon voucher? Any advice on how I should proceed next?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Pink, groupon insist that item or service being sold must be offered at a price discounted from that which is normally charged (30% i think but I am open to correction). Groupon then take half the amount paid for the voucher and the vendor gets half. An average dental crown will cost €200 plus to have made in a laboratory and a really good cosmetic one can cost €300 - €400. If half the price of your voucher is less than €300 then the dentist is providing it at a significant loss or is going to fit a very cheap crown in order to make some kind of a profit. Either way it is not a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 harry1

Hello PinkLady,

I know this is an old thread, but just wondering how you got on afterwards with this?

Advertisement