Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-04-2012, 20:52   #1
rosietobes

Video Recording Rented Property

Hey guys, I just wanted to know if it's legal for your property agency to come to your rented property and video record all the rooms? Any help would be great..
Advertisement
01-04-2012, 21:13   #2
rcdk1

In what context? What reason did they give?
01-04-2012, 21:19   #3
rosietobes

well I got a little note in my letterbox Friday saying that they are coming monday for inspection and that if I won't be there to let them know and they'll use their own key.. Maybe it's ok if they give notice? I'm just not sure I'm all that comfortable with having all my personal belongings video taped..
01-04-2012, 22:24   #4
Bambi

They're probably relying on you not being there on monday morning to access the property. I would pretty sure that they cannot access your property without due notice or permission. Informing you on friday that they are coming in on monday regardless would not constitute either due notice or permission.
01-04-2012, 22:34   #5
Mouldy Mary
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosietobes View Post
Hey guys, I just wanted to know if it's legal for your property agency to come to your rented property and video record all the rooms? Any help would be great..
I was renting for a year after i sold my house. Agents came every three months and took photos. They said it was because Landlords were losing cases in the PRTB after they withheld money from deposits because of damage to the property.
Advertisement
02-04-2012, 00:32   #6
Tigger

Quote:
well I got a little note in my letterbox Friday saying that they are coming monday for inspection and that if I won't be there to let them know and they'll use their own key.. Maybe it's ok if they give notice? I'm just not sure I'm all that comfortable with having all my personal belongings video taped..
tell them to off
02-04-2012, 01:15   #7
the_syco

Quote:
and that if I won't be there to let them know and they'll use their own key..
IIRC, once you pay rent, they can't enter without your say-so.

So let them know that you are not giving them permission to enter your your house when you are not there, and that informing the Gardaí of you entering the house if they do so.

I'd wonder can their videotaping and/or pictures be used against them in a court of law?

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...ligations.html
Quote:
Your landlord is only allowed to enter your home with your permission.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion