Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Pit #31 - Denman

Options
  • 29-03-2012 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Here is the latest In The Pit. The next victim volunteer on the list is Denman.

A quick recap of the rules:
    1. Questions should be Rock & Metal related although some leeway is allowed.
    2. Let's not have questions that are too personal. The poster doesn't have to answer anything they don't want to and as moderator I suppose I'll have the final say if something is appropriate or not.
    3. Don't discuss any of the answers on the thread and only the poster should be answering the questions.

Hopefully that's clear enough so let the questions commence...

If you would like to take part in this and you're not already on the list, please post here and I'll add you to the queue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

What got you into Rock & Metal in the first place and what keeps you interested in it?
    How did you come across the Rock & Metal forum on Boards?
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?
    What do you do when you're not rocking out?
    What album do you feel had the greatest impact on you?
    Where did your username come from?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What has been your favourite album out in 2011?
    What band/artist in rock/metal can you not stand the most? (not over-rated, actually hate)
    What other sections of boards do you frequent?
    Do you prefer rock or metal, and which sub-genre of them is your favorite?
    If you could go drinking with 5 people in metal, who would they be?
    What would be the lineup of your dream gig?
    Assuming you like any of them, which of the big 4 of thrash is your favourite?
    What was the last rock/metal album that really let you down, cause you expected huge things from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Do you play any instruments? And if you could instantly pick up and play any instrument what would it be and why?

Do you listen to any music outside of rock/metal?

Any albums by well known bands you feel are underrated?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

@Malice

What got you into Rock & Metal in the first place and what keeps you interested in it?

Started going to gigs with friends years ago and loved it so much I kept with it. Also loved the music as it stood out and not a lot of people were into it so standing out really appealed to me.

How did you come across the Rock & Metal forum on Boards?

A general search on the music section and came across it. Delighted to find it. :D

What keeps you coming back to the forum?

Any new bands on the scene and what posters say about new albums, gigs they went to. I like to stay informed as to what is happening.

What do you do when you're not rocking out?

I love to go jogging and swim. I also like working out and chilling out (listening to some metal)

What album do you feel had the greatest impact on you?

Nightwish and Dark Passion Play. I love that album. :)

Where did your username come from?

Some friends of mine when I lived in the UK always called me "Den the man" so when I created my account here is used it by slightly changing. It actually doesn't have anything to do with the horse. When asked about it I didn't even know there was a horse called Denman. :D

I got an error message when I tried to respond with quotes. It wouldn't let me do it saying it was too short and missing a character.

@Denny M

What has been your favourite album out in 2011?

Iced Earth - Dystopia

What band/artist in rock/metal can you not stand the most? (not over-rated, actually hate)

Can't stand Axl Rose from Guns 'N' Roses. I never ever liked him at all even when others raved about him!

What other sections of boards do you frequent?

Soccer, After Hours, Giving up Smoking, TV, Wrestling, Arts and Science Forums.

Do you prefer rock or metal, and which sub-genre of them is your favorite?

Metal. I love listening to the Gothic and Symphonic genres. I love Within Temptation and Epica.

If you could go drinking with 5 people in metal, who would they be?

Lemmy, Marco Hietala, Sharon den Adel, Ozzy and Bruce Dickinson. That would be a lot of fun! :D

What would be the lineup of your dream gig?

Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Nightwish, AC/DC, Saxon. That would be awesome! :D

Assuming you like any of them, which of the big 4 of thrash is your favourite?

Anthrax. Frank Bello is a brilliant bassist and Charlie Benante is such a fast and powerful drummer. They also have such a dedicated vocalist in Joey Belladonna. Brilliant band! :D

What was the last rock/metal album that really let you down, cause you expected huge things from it?

Metallica and Load. Had such high expectation of it. Big let down imo.

• Advertisement

@ Dr.Poca

Do you play any instruments? And if you could instantly pick up and play any instrument what would it be and why?

I am learning to play the keyboard. Between work and getting myself fitter I have let it slip the last year. The keyboard is an amazing instrument. I will be getting back to it after Easter. I would love to be able to play a Spanish guitar. A friend of mine plays one and it sounds so beautiful when you listen to it.

Do you listen to any music outside of rock/metal?

I listen to hip-hop. I also like rap. Ice Cube is one of my favourite rappers. So raw and original. He would be brilliant in a metal band imo. Very real and speaks the truth and is not afraid to say what he feels.

Any albums by well known bands you feel are underrated?

Seasons of the Wolf and Once in a Blue Moon. It came out in 2007. I really like that band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&v=lG1vOIYx_SQ&gl=US

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

What's your favourite album artwork?

Do you buy CD's from a bricks & mortar store or digital downloads online?

@ lord lucan

What's your favourite album artwork?

All of the Nightwish and Epica albums. I also love Amon Amarth especially 'Twilight of the Thunder God'. Iron Maiden have some awesome album art.

Do you buy CD's from a bricks & mortar store or digital downloads online?

Bits of both really. I like to support the music stores and I also buy from amazon online. There's nothing like going into a music store, chatting and browsing at the same time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

When it comes to Dimebag Darrell do you wish he could be resurrected as:

a) a metal god who would reunite Pantera

or

b) a flesh starved zombie who'd just eat Phil Anselmo and Vinnie Paul?

Who's the most famous musician you've met?
    Who do you think is the biggest idiot in metal and why?
    Who would be your favourite metal babe?
    Do you dress like a metalhead?
    What was the last album that you bought?
    Which artists have inspired/influenced you as a musician?

• Advertisement

viadah wrote: »
    When it comes to Dimebag Darrell do you wish he could be resurrected as:

a) a metal god who would reunite Pantera

or

b) a flesh starved zombie who'd just eat Phil Anselmo and Vinnie Paul?

A) Re-unite them. Very sad to read what happened between them (Anselmo heroin addiction) and very sad about the killing of Dimebag. Pantera were a brilliant band and like all bands there will be some conflict and tension from members from time to time.

@Malice

Who's the most famous musician you've met?

Angela Gossow from Arch Enemy and non-metal it's Mark Feehily from Westlife.

Who do you think is the biggest idiot in metal and why?

Slipknot as a band. Never liked them and Corey Taylor never stops complaining. He's always bitching about something.

Who would be your favourite metal babe?

Tarja Turunen

Do you dress like a metalhead?

Not really. At gigs I wear a leather jacket and a black t-shirt. Most of the time I'm just casual.

What was the last album that you bought?

Lamb Of God - 'Resolution'

Which artists have inspired/influenced you as a musician?

Tuomas Holopainen, Ozzy Osbourne, Kerry King and Marco Hietala.

What's Angela Gossow like off-stage? On stage she's like a demon!

Malice wrote: »
    What's Angela Gossow like off-stage? On stage she's like a demon!

Very nice. She's very softly spoken and a very humble person. She's big into yoga and herbal teas. She loved my accent. :D

Any more questions there folks?

Actually, just listening to a few tracks off Once by Nightwish at the moment - what's your opinion of their new album Imaginareum and Tarja's solo stuff?

Malice wrote: »
    Actually, just listening to a few tracks off Once by Nightwish at the moment - what's your opinion of their new album Imaginareum and Tarja's solo stuff?

I love Imaginareum. I think it some of their best work to date. “Song Of Myself” is over 13 minutes long with brilliant riffs and an amazing story. Love Marco's vocals on "Ghost River" and Anette is really comfortable singing “Storytime”. A great album. Delighted with it.

I love Tarja's voice and am very happy for her and the success she has had on her own after the split with the band and the way it happened. "I Walk Alone" was filmed and recorded here in Ireland. I hope she continues to be very successful and innovative. :)

Thanks to everyone that posted questions and to DenMan for answering them. The next installment of In The Pit is here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement