Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless in 7 days

Options
  • 26-03-2012 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

So it has finally happened, the bank have decided to foreclose on the house, fun times.

oh and btw it wasnt my mortgage so I really don't feel like hearing well you shouldn't have taken it out in the first place. The mortgage is for well under 100k and the arrears are so small, well let's put it this way you'd get more on the dole in a year.

So yeah just wanted to say **** the bank and their solicitors letter. So AH any tips on homeless life that will be useful and cheer me up some, pretty much one of the worst days of my life do far...

Comments

Still, so long as you can afford the internet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Rent a flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

My sincere condolences.

Must be a ****e time for you. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

homeless13 wrote: »
    So it has finally happened, the bank have decided to foreclose on the house, fun times.

oh and btw it wasnt my mortgage so I really don't feel like hearing well you shouldn't have taken it out in the first place. The mortgage is for well under 100k and the arrears are so small, well let's put it this way you'd get more on the dole in a year.

So yeah just wanted to say **** the bank and their solicitors letter. So AH any tips on homeless life that will be useful and cheer me up some, pretty much one of the worst days of my life do far...

Doesnt sound like you had a mortgage or house anyway.

In order news OP gets thrown out of somebody elses house, leaves Leitrim, finds the internet and signs up to boards. Go you!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Have a look around youtube. there is a video posted by a group who will legally face down the sheriff when he comes to evict you. Its unconstitutional to evict any one from their home. Sorry i cant be of more help. Good luck. It must be rough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If the arrears are so small then why don't you pay them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

To be fair as a homeless person you will probably be better off financially. Tonnes of hand outs from the government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

So what did happen, if it wasn't your mortgage was the problem?

A good rain jacket, that's what I suggest you take with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Who's mortgage is it? And what did you do with that person OP????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

So what circumstances have led you to this sorry pass?

There are a thousand stories in the naked city,can you share yours?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Definitely post about it in AH, you will receive sound advice from those fine chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

FearDark wrote: »
    Definitely post about it in AH, you will receive sound advice from those fine chaps.

That thing about the rain jacket though...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

My sympathies, OP. However, if you are looking for constructive advice I think AH is the wrong forum to post in. I would recommend you contact somewhere like Focus Ireland for sound advice. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Crash on various friends' couches.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

lol

Have a look around youtube. there is a video posted by a group who will legally face down the sheriff when he comes to evict you. Its unconstitutional to evict any one from their home. Sorry i cant be of more help. Good luck. It must be rough

He was since evicted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

This story doesn't make any sense . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭as125634do

be glad you will be sleeping rough in a mild climate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Take a **** in every room before you move out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Go to the Focus Ireland Coffee Shop & Advice Centre on Eustace Street, Dublin 2. Open 10.30 - 5pm tomorrow. Or call them on 01-6712555.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aquaman

I know OP. You just need to vent.
    Go on let it all out there.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Don't you have to either consent to repossession of your home or fail to adhere to a repayment plan and bank has to get a court order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 homeless13

Just to clarify, it was parents mortgage,long and complicated story. Can't pay the mortgage myself because I am a student, we tried negotiating with the bank, to lower the payments some so we could manage them they refused.

Most of my college assignments are due this week, i also have an exam tomorrow,I just don't know how I am going to go in and pretend that everything is fine when it so far from is. Or focus in any, way, shape or form.

The hardest part for me is that I am gong to have to rehome my pets, because I can't provide a home for them anymore.

We didn't bury our heads in the sand, we tried to sort things out everyday we could, just met closed doors at every turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I'm sure you have some relatives who'll take you in for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Just to clarify, it was parents mortgage,long and complicated story. Can't pay the mortgage myself because I am a student, we tried negotiating with the bank, to lower the payments some so we could manage them they refused.

Most of my college assignments are due this week, i also have an exam tomorrow,I just don't know how I am going to go in and pretend that everything is fine when it so far from is. Or focus in any, way, shape or form.

The hardest part for me is that I am gong to have to rehome my pets, because I can't provide a home for them anymore.

We didn't bury our heads in the sand, we tried to sort things out everyday we could, just met closed doors at every turn.

At least ye had to willingness to try and fix the situation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Bet some of the other posters feel like dicks now.

Have you looked into a hardship grant in college, OP? Most colleges AFAIK have one for students facing exceptional circumstances and I'd say you more than qualify.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Sorry to hear of your predicament OP now if you'll excuse me I'm off to my jakuzzi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

That doesn't sound right considering a lad in work was three months behind and the bank told him cause he kept requesting for negotiation on repayments and rang explaining every time he was behind, they couldn't repossess due to a legislation passed in 2009.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement