Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snuff

Options
  • 26-03-2012 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Read on another forum that some people use snuff with e-cigs to get the boost without vaping like hell on high nic. Looked up the price on a UK website and the stuff is very very cheap.

Wonder could you use it to get away from the e-cigs (if you wanted to)? Remember usig it years ago and it really gives a hit.

Hope it's not against the charter to be talking about snuff here?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ugh, really rather not be snorting anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yeah, I know but I just thought it was interesting for those who dont find the e-cigs quite enough to get off the fags.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

AFAIK snuff like snus is a smokeless tobacco produce that despite the claims of anti tobacco activists is a magnitude safer than smoking.
    I would go with the snus myself, snuff has one big drawback, brown snot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah snus is better. If you can find it here.

Yeah, it's a magnitude better alright and does have the brown snot problem alright. Gives a fair bang though. I still remember it years later!

• Advertisement

I remember sneezing. I wonder why snuff was included in the smoking ban as it nowhare as harmful as smoking and doesn't have a passive user, no secondhand snuff or side stream snuff.
    Make you think that all arguments for the safety of vaping will fall on deaf ears once ecigs come under the attention of the Gov.

snuff is included in the smoking ban?
    that doesn't even make any sense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I think its sold in Rotchfords in Mullingar, there are those fancy tobacco places but other than that I don't know, I wouldn't mind a minty one, but brown snot...ah I can't be dealing with that.

You can still get it in some places but I think it's banned alright. Funny that smoking isn't banned but infinitely less harmful snuff is.

I know the ban is on the use of any tobacco product lighted or not, technically your breaking the ban just holding a cigarette. Doesn't include herbal cigs because their is obviously no monoxide or carcinogens in them. Yeah and we wonder why the country is in the state its in with geniuses like that running the show.
    Snus are illegal in Europe except Sweden because its seen as having the same health risk as smoking, every where except Sweden, where the population are so genetically different that it doesn't effect them the same way.
    Who said laws had to be sensible?

• Advertisement

this stuff seems interesting.
    be very very handy for airplanes anyway

this stuff seems interesting.
    be very very handy for airplanes anyway

Heh heh. Yeah, I was a hover above the buy button for some Swedish snuff a couple of weeks ago myself. Might get some for exprimentation sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Gonna order some of this Snus in the next day or so and see how it goes.

Might take a while, but gonna try phase out the vaping or at least cut it down to a minimum.

only thing id be worried about is how do you control the dose
    with vaping you just... dont vape
    with something like that, yeah you can take it out of your mouth but then youd be left with a soggy piece of rubbish that's only fit for a bin. does it only deliver nicotine when you wash it with saliva?

derra wrote: »
    Gonna order some of this Snus in the next day or so and see how it goes.

Might take a while, but gonna try phase out the vaping or at least cut it down to a minimum.

Yeah, that was the reason that I was going to buy it too. I might actually get some myself too. Only thing is that it's difficult to know what to get! I'd be looking for small pouches that would not really be noticeable.

only thing id be worried about is how do you control the dose
    with vaping you just... dont vape
    with something like that, yeah you can take it out of your mouth but then youd be left with a soggy piece of rubbish that's only fit for a bin. does it only deliver nicotine when you wash it with saliva?

Was thinking that myself but am sure your instinct will tell you when to use it or not.
    From what i gather yeah, keep it moist and it delivers nic and flavour etc

How long would you last without vaping?

Don't get me wrong i like vaping, just lately i'm getting the feeling to cut out the vaping habit. Is it something i want or need to be doing for years to come to stay off the smokes.
    Will always have something there as backup in case i need it if i manage to get to the stage i want.

Yeah, that was the reason that I was going to buy it too. I might actually get some myself too. Only thing is that it's difficult to know what to get! I'd be looking for small pouches that would not really be noticeable.

I've narrowed it down to Jakobsson's Classic 9mg and Northerner Boost (6mg).

Your guess is as good as mine tbh, will read a bit more about it before ordering.

how long I can go without vaping depends on how bored I am
    if i'm at home doing nothing, I'll want to vape very quickly
    but if i'm out and about, or doing stuff I can easily go 5-6 hours without caring. even then after that I might want a vape, but I wouldn't buy a packet of cigarettes to replace it.
    im pretty sure at this stage I could go a full day of not vaping and only be as antsy for some nicotine as I would ahve been going an hour or two without a cigarette 2 years ago

for me vaping is just something to do. I need more hobbies :)

Here's a UK supplier. They do snuff too. From previous experience with snuff, its an instant hit whereas I imagine the snus is a bit slower as it needs to be absorbed through the mouth.

Dont want to get fecking addicted to popping the stuff up my nose though so the snus might be a better option!

Might take a punt on some portions next week. Interesting to see that they have flavours too. Not a million miles away from the vaping industry really.

http://www.snusuk.co.uk/

i guess there's even less risk of a pouch of snus exploding in your face too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'm sure some law firm in Kildare will pick up on the high levels of snus being ordered online and sold to children.....

how long I can go without vaping depends on how bored I am
    if i'm at home doing nothing, I'll want to vape very quickly
    but if i'm out and about, or doing stuff I can easily go 5-6 hours without caring. even then after that I might want a vape, but I wouldn't buy a packet of cigarettes to replace it.
    im pretty sure at this stage I could go a full day of not vaping and only be as antsy for some nicotine as I would ahve been going an hour or two without a cigarette 2 years ago

for me vaping is just something to do. I need more hobbies :)

To possibly last only a day or two without vaping is not enough for me though, i wanna try get rid of that dependency if i can.

Started vaping to get off the smokes and now hope to gradually stop doing the actions of a smoker.

And if i don't i'll continue vaping, no harm done (as far as we know).

I would just prefer to stop it altogether at some stage and now i'm just looking at options on how to do that.

Honestly don't know what way it will pan out, but after 9 months vaping i'm happy with what i have now to vape with. I tried a few bits and pieces only to realise i had what i was searching for already.

Now it's just a matter of sticking with that see what happens.

Main thing is not to be smoking whichever way ya look at it or go about it. It's all down to personal preference.
    Here's a UK supplier. They do snuff too. From previous experience with snuff, its an instant hit whereas I imagine the snus is a bit slower as it needs to be absorbed through the mouth.

Dont want to get fecking addicted to popping the stuff up my nose though so the snus might be a better option!

Might take a punt on some portions next week. Interesting to see that they have flavours too. Not a million miles away from the vaping industry really.

http://www.snusuk.co.uk/

Definitely won't be getting snuff, i'd say both are as addictive as each other mind ya.
    It's something i'm in interested in though in the way i want to proceed in cutting vaping etc
    Was looking at the northerner.com site which is very identical to that one you posted.
    i guess there's even less risk of a pouch of snus exploding in your face too

That's for sure :D
    Using the eGo mod now and that thought is running through my head :rolleyes:

Advertisement