Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Bus Student Ticket

• 12-03-2012 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

I Got a 7euro 10 journey ticket i scaned it and i was told try again on the machine it was the very first time i used it. do i have to put in the macnine below the scanner to validate it or something

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,941 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

No - just hold it against the top machine - it reads the smart cards. It should emit a long beep if the ticket is ok.

The lower machine is for magnetic stripe tickets which are becoming (mercifully) fewer in number!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

My son (age 18) had his 10 journey scholar ticket confiscated by an inspector yesterday. There were still 9 trips on it. He was told he needed to have his CIE travelcard ID with him as well. I wasnt even aware you needed one but apparently you do with any child, scholar or student Dublin Bus pre pay tickets..

Be warned!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Andremac96

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    My son (age 18) had his 10 journey scholar ticket confiscated by an inspector yesterday. There were still 9 trips on it. He was told he needed to have his CIE travelcard ID with him as well. I wasnt even aware you needed one but apparently you do with any child, scholar or student Dublin Bus pre pay tickets..

Be warned!!

if mine was takin off me id rip the head off the man how dare he take it you could consider it theft as the info is naught givin to you when you buy ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

The ticket remain the property of the CIE group. If you don't follow their rules, you will have the ticket confiscated

The big white space on the front of the ticket saying 'Student travelcard ID No.' is a big hint

Its amazing how the students with all there learning struggle with simple rules like this

• Advertisement

There are also terms and conditions written on the rear of every smartcard, wait for it, in English, which clearly state the requirements.

As pointed out on every bus in the city, it is your responsibility to have a valid ticket and all the requirements are on the DB website.

lxflyer wrote: »
    There are also terms and conditions written on the rear of every smartcard, wait for it, in English, which clearly state the requirements.

As pointed out on every bus in the city, it is your responsibility to have a valid ticket and all the requirements are on the DB website.

I dont have a problem with it now that I fully understand it. Also as I found out child/scholar ID cards are free from CIE once the correct forms are sent in. Anything that makes EVERYBODY pay the correct fare gets my full support...

My last comment wasn't really aimed at you Seaswimmer!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I dont have a problem with it now that I fully understand it. Also as I found out child/scholar ID cards are free from CIE once the correct forms are sent in. Anything that makes EVERYBODY pay the correct fare gets my full support...

If it was a Dublin bus ticket, then a CIE student card will not suffice as Valid ID. The only acceptable student card on Dublin Bus is the Student Travelcard which costs €12 or €15.

mmcn90 wrote: »
    If it was a Dublin bus ticket, then a CIE student card will not suffice as Valid ID. The only acceptable student card on Dublin Bus is the Student Travelcard which costs €12 or €15.

Incorrect...

for child/scholar (2nd level) tickets a free Dublin bus photo ID is required.. For student (3rd level) Dublin bus tickets then you are correct that a student travelcard is required...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Incorrect...

for child/scholar (2nd level) tickets a free Dublin bus photo ID is required.. For student (3rd level) Dublin bus tickets then you are correct that a student travelcard is required...

Apologies, I confused a scholar ticket with a student ticket.

Advertisement