Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car bomb found in Cork

Options
  • 12-03-2012 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

I heard from a reliable source that there was a car bomb found in Cork today and that an attempt to disarm it failed ending in the explosion of the device.

Anyone able to confirm?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

The news confirmed it!

guy who was disarming it was taking to hospital but should get out later today with minor injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

(Obviously not Cork, but crazy none-the-less.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Seachmall wrote: »

lol did you see all the kevlar that guy was wearing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Sounds something like a crude pipe bomb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

A friend of mine lives in Ballyvolane....f*cking northsiders and their bombs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

lol did you see all the kevlar that guy was wearing?
    Where can I get one of those suits!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bwatson

His method is fantastic.

Dispose of the bomb by setting it off before picking himself up and waving to everyone that all is now good!

Where can I get one of those suits!!?
    At the price, you might as well buy a couple of them for back up...
    http://www.securityprousa.com/eodsumispeo.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Dermighty wrote: »
    I heard from a reliable source that there was a car bomb found in Cork today and that an attempt to disarm it failed ending in the explosion of the device.

Anyone able to confirm?

It was on the radio news this morning (a number of stations) and on a number of news websites (apart from RTE).

Why the need for someone here to confirm it??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Dermighty wrote: »
    A friend of mine lives in Ballyvolane....f*cking northsiders and their bombs!
    This ain't the Cork forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

At the price, you might as well buy a couple of them for back up...
    http://www.securityprousa.com/eodsumispeo.html

Only $18,000 a pop? Bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

It's only Ballyvolane sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Lapin wrote: »
    So did the bomber have his way or is Cork still there ?

Difficult to tell.

Experts are stating it has been destroyed, no intelligent life to be found.

Locals are stating it's more or less the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

So did the bomber succeed in achieving the desired outcome, or is Cork still there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

Unfortunately, this guy wasn't as lucky

Mod edit:

Removed gory vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Health warning on that video above - not for the weak of stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

I wonder was it drug dealers who planted the bomb if it was they are taking things to a whole new level in Ireland. Cant see why it would be Republicans unless they were targeting drug dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Lapin wrote: »
    So did the bomber succeed in achieving the desired outcome, or is Cork still there ?

It will take a lot more than that to get rid of us :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

I love how the disposal expert get up and dusts himself off.

"You guys hear summit?"

"Riggs was that you!"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

2 issue's here :

First Issue: If the thread title had of been Dublin instead of Cork it would probably be 30 pages long

Second Issue: Cork Bomb Disposal Expert gets blown up by Bomb

Oh you Cork ppl, How will you entertain me next.................

Edit - Wish I was him actually, play the whole I'm emotionally distressed in work and then play that card for 30 years + claiming you can never work again due to stress

hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    2 issue's here :

First Issue: If the thread title had of been Dublin instead of Cork it would probably be 30 pages long

Second Issue: Cork Bomb Disposal Expert gets blown up by Bomb

Oh you Cork ppl, How will you entertain me next.................

Edit - Wish I was him actually, play the whole I'm emotionally distressed in work and then play that card for 30 years + claiming you can never work again due to stress

hmmm

He disarms bombs for a living. I doubt they're the go on the sick type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

It being a Cork bomb, the guy probably couldn't make head nor tail of what it was on about which resulted in it blowing up in his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

You do realise the Irish Bomb Disposal unit is one of the best in the world (along with the Brits.) Us and the British have more experience at this kind of stuff than anyone else. The Irish are regularly out in Afghanistan training the people out there (Afghan and American) how to deal with IEDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Ned_led16

I believe Heroine has started to infect the streets of Cork over the last few years! While i cant condone violence i must say on a moral point of view i think to plant a bomb under a heroine dealers car is different to that of someone you dont like.
    This presents a danger to us all either way. If you were driving past with your kids and a guy got in the car you could end up dead with your children.

Very scary stuff and i sincerely hope the Gradai do there very best to protect us the general public for which we pay taxes so that they keep us safe.

Vigilantes shouldnt have to attack drug dealers - this is a job for the Gardai!
    Many innocent people could have died here and thats not on!

Im making a lot of assumptions here none of which are known! But this kind of stuff we must keep out of Cork and keep it safe for our Children and The Politics in this country need to fund the Gardai properly to keep us all safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

The "bobmee" was'nt very successful at whatever he was dealing in, seeing as he had a '98 car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Buceph wrote: »
    You do realise the Irish Bomb Disposal unit is one of the best in the world (along with the Brits.) Us and the British have more experience at this kind of stuff than anyone else. The Irish are regularly out in Afghanistan training the people out there (Afghan and American) how to deal with IEDs.

That is a load of ****e. Our EOD guys are great, but they're nowhere near the U.S., U.K. and other NATO armies that have been dealing with IEDs for ten straight years of war. Our guys are out in Afghanistan to learn, not train. There is nothing we could teach the Coalition about EOD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Ned_led16 wrote: »
    I believe Heroine has started to infect the streets of Cork over the last few years! While i cant condone violence i must say on a moral point of view i think to plant a bomb under a heroine dealers car is different to that of someone you dont like.
    This presents a danger to us all either way. If you were driving past with your kids and a guy got in the car you could end up dead with your children.

Very scary stuff and i sincerely hope the Gradai do there very best to protect us the general public for which we pay taxes so that they keep us safe.

Vigilantes shouldnt have to attack drug dealers - this is a job for the Gardai!
    Many innocent people could have died here and thats not on!

Im making a lot of assumptions here none of which are known! But this kind of stuff we must keep out of Cork and keep it safe for our Children and The Politics in this country need to fund the Gardai properly to keep us all safe!

Lucky you've got the heroine patrolling the streets at night and keeping ye safe. Why would you bomb her car?:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Ned_led16

aujopimur wrote: »
    The "bobmee" was'nt very successful at whatever he was dealing in, seeing as he had a '98 car.

Was the car stolen?

Are there known drug dealers living in: Mervue Lawn in Ballyvolane?

Was the 34yrs arrested the guy who planted the bomb?

Very little info out there!

If the target was a dealer why a bomb? that can injure others - feel sorry for the residents in Mervue Lawn in Ballyvolane!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Ned_led16 wrote: »
    Was the car stolen?

Are there known drug dealers living in: Mervue Lawn in Ballyvolane?

Was the 34yrs arrested the guy who planted the bomb?

Very little info out there!

If the target was a dealer why a bomb? that can injure others - feel sorry for the residents in Mervue Lawn in Ballyvolane!

I doubt people malicious enough to plant a bomb really care who they kill, they probably wear it as a badge of honour

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement