Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording Saorview on a walker tv

Options
  • 11-03-2012 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi, I recently bought a walker tv and have it set up for saorview.
    It has an inbuilt media, in that I can play music and videos from a USB stick (4gb) but it doesn't record onto this disk, can someone let me know what I need to do (like reformatting the disk?) so that I can record?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

What's the model number of the Walker TV?

Most TVs need it formatted to FAT32 to record. The write speed of the USB stick also needs to be high enough to record RTE2 in HD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭noiniho

The model is walker WP1911LCD

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

noiniho wrote: »
    The model is walker WP1911LCD

noiniho You have started to threads on the same subject at the same time. Could you please delete 1 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭John mac

what does the manual say?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

scaller wrote: »
    noiniho You have started to threads on the same subject at the same time. Could you please delete 1 of them.
    Don't think he can delete a thread with replies (which both have) though?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

byte wrote: »
    Don't think he can delete a thread with replies (which both have) though?

True. but he could edit/delete his first post. There are 2 threads now running on the same subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭blowtorch

Same problem. Walker WP4061R. Tried USB, didn't work. Re-formatted it to Fat32, still doesn't work. Tried a USB hard drive, didn't work. It does recognize the drives, but doesn't allow recording. Are there any drives that would work out of the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cabtaker

blowtorch wrote: »
    Same problem. Walker WP4061R. Tried USB, didn't work. Re-formatted it to Fat32, still doesn't work. Tried a USB hard drive, didn't work. It does recognize the drives, but doesn't allow recording. Are there any drives that would work out of the box?
    Try leaving tv off then insert USB stick then turn on

• Registered Users Posts: 33,132 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Maybe its not a PVR Ready TV??? This would explain why it ain't working.

Many TVs allow you to play media off a USB stick, but many of them DON'T allow you to record on to the same stick. It needs specific software to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

I purchased a walker recently. To record, you must have the tv on and tuned to the channel you are recording ..... not much use really and a waste of power.

If you ever succeed in replaying the .ts files on a pc, please let me know what software you used (I've tried vcl and others)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭dellWlan

eirman wrote: »
    I purchased a walker recently. To record, you must have the tv on and tuned to the channel you are recording ..... not much use really and a waste of power.

If you ever succeed in replaying the .ts files on a pc, please let me know what software you used (I've tried vcl and others)

i have a wp1912lcd and you can set recordings from the EPG and just leave the tv on standby rather than on. but having said that the recording feature is very poor. i have tried a very fast usb flash drive properly formatted and everything and had problems on timeshifting and recording mostly black screen with only sound on playback, unless, bizarelly enough you started playback from a 5 minute offset. same thing happening now with a seperately powered samsung story 2TB hdd although it seems to be mostly affecting RTe2HD now.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭dixiedan

eirman wrote: »

You could try downloading MPC-HC from here

http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/downloads/

This can play ts files although it is not the most user friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sean539

I bought a walker TV with a USB port and I want to record something. I have sky and I was told I could record itv through a USB and I was wondering how to do it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Sean539 wrote: »
    I bought a walker TV with a USB port and I want to record something. I have sky and I was told I could record itv through a USB and I was wondering how to do it ??

What is the TV model no.?
    Does the TV have a satellite tuner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sean539

The Cush wrote: »
    What is the TV model no.?
    Does the TV have a satellite tuner?
    It has saorview built in it but I have sky connected to it as I'm happy with it . The model is WP32DLED

Sean539 wrote: »
    It has saorview built in it but I have sky connected to it as I'm happy with it . The model is WP32DLED

As the TV hasn't a separate satellite tuner you won't be able to record ITV via USB with it unless you are within range of a UK transmitter and can receive ITV/UTV via an aerial pointing at that transmitter.

I don't think it's possible to connect the Sky receiver to the TV and record the channel selected on it via the TV's USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭tony melia

i am about buy a walker 32in model wp32dled it says saorview i am being told this has a satellite tuner 'can anyone confirm this please asap before i throw my money away

tony melia wrote: »
    i am about buy a walker 32in model wp32dled it says saorview i am being told this has a satellite tuner 'can anyone confirm this please asap before i throw my money away

Is this the TV?

If so, Powercity says it has a satellite tuner - http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-12-8211407&pages=1&prod=8211407&brands=walker&image=

Others with satellite tuners - http://www.powercity.ie/index.php?sortprice=Low-High&brands=&checks%5B%5D=603&feature=&pages=1&min=0&max=20000&par=10-12&action=brandstory&cat=10-12

Advertisement