Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: Payment Of IEC

Options
  • 06-03-2012 5:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Ok so I just need to clarify the following if any1 would be kind enough to assist that would be greatly appreciated.

I am about to send off my application package, I notice it says on the Application and Declarations form that the payment must be made when your application has been conditionally accepted. Which i have no problem with.

I have noticed however that on the CIC Instruction Guide which I have read carefully that it says.

Guide 5487 - Applying for a Work Permit outside Canada

Step 3. Pay the Fees

Fees

Use the table below to calculate the total amount of fees to be paid (all fees are in Canadian dollars). The fees must be included with your application.

Hence my Confusion, can any1 assist?

I am applying from Australia as I am here on a WHV. Under Q9 of the Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM 1295) I notice that in the guide there is a note stating;

Note: If you are not a citizen of the country where you are making your application, you must provide proof of your legal status when you submit your application.

Has any1 any idea what Proof is acceptable?

Thank You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭monkeerina

Hey,

Did you get confirmation regarding the fee payment question you mentioned above?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

monkeerina wrote: »
    Hey,

Did you get confirmation regarding the fee payment question you mentioned above?

Page 2 of the IEC application form

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭illegalmidget

the IEC programme only requests payment once you have been accepted.
    They do every thing by Email so they will email you requesting Payment once you have been accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Van1984

Hi - i am currently living in Canada and have been here since August 2010. My boyfriend has recently spoken with his boss (he works in the construction industry) who is willing to put him forward for PNP nomination. I know i can go as common law on this application but i have a couple of questions i'm hoping you can answer if you have the time:

1) How long once the paperwork is posted does it generally take to get a yes/no approval verdict?
    2) Does my boyfriend need to contact previous employers for references, letters of support etc? Would this strengthen his application or is it unnecessary additional paperwork?
    3) I am currently on my 2nd work permit in Canada which is due to expire mid August. What happens if the PNP approval doesn't come back until after the date my work permit expires? What can i do then? If it comes back negative am i left with any alternatives or would i have to pack up and leave seeing as my work permit would be expired? If it came back positive and before my current work permit expires do i have the option to go to the US border and renew my work permit?
    4) If it comes to the end of my current work permit and we are still waiting on a response from PNP - will i have to quit my job? I have tonnes of vacation time that i could use (ie: take a few weeks off work and then return once the PNP comes through?) or would that still be considered as working?

Sorry about all the questions - i'm trying to find as much information about this as i can online but its not very clear. My aim is to get the applications completed this week and posted asap if i have any chance of getting a positive response before my visa expires in August as i really don't want to have to quit my job. My boyfriends visa is for a few more months after mine so his situation won't really be affected if its sent in the next few weeks or not.

Another alternative is CEC which we had considered until now. I would go as main application on this one as my qualifications and occupation are considered more skilled for this type of visa. However if PNP is quicker then that is the option we would hope to go for.

Thanks!

Advertisement