I need a home for my dog :( - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-02-2012, 18:06   #1
trinibops

I need a home for my dog :(

Hey there if any body cud help me find a really gud hme 4 my dog plz! he is a medium sized black nd white very energetic dog called jasper. Jasper loves plenty of walks and loadsa hugs nd attention. the only reason i need a new hme 4 him is dat im moving house, so any help wud b appreciated!!
Advertisement
29-02-2012, 18:21   #2
snuggles09

I know that no one wants to hear the word "pound" but a neighbour of mine recently there and got a beautiful little dog, they were telling me that the pound has a list of people who are looking for pups or dogs to give them a good home and they ring people now when they have a dog that needs a home so it might be worth a try
29-02-2012, 18:26   #3
jayboi

You could put an add and pic in the paper but be sure to mention scumbags and knackers need not apply.
29-02-2012, 21:10   #4
Mooley22

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinibops View Post
Hey there if any body cud help me find a really gud hme 4 my dog plz! he is a medium sized black nd white very energetic dog called jasper. Jasper loves plenty of walks and loadsa hugs nd attention. the only reason i need a new hme 4 him is dat im moving house, so any help wud b appreciated!!
Can you pm me a picture please?
29-02-2012, 22:26   #5
trinibops

yeah its a bit scary hearing the word pound and wud kinda like to kno who he went to if dat was possible u know,

also am fairly new to boards so hw do i post a pic??
Advertisement
29-02-2012, 23:34   #6
Stokolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinibops View Post

also am fairly new to boards so hw do i post a pic??
You might not be able to unless you reach a certain amount of posts I think, I have been known to get things wrong tho. Unless you upload it to a place like http://imageshack.us/ and post the link to it.
01-03-2012, 00:54   #7
Brianne

If you contact Waterford Animal Welfare, they have a website. They will get a good home for your dog.
01-03-2012, 10:26   #8
Thewanderer_ie

A few years ago, we unfortunately had to get rid of our dog for personal reasons. We tried many routes, but did want to give her to the pound or welfare group as most of them had a 30-day policy (be homed or put down). We eventually found an agency that took excess Irish dogs and re-homed them in Sweden, where the dog laws make are tougher, and so there is a demand for dogs.
I can not remember the name of the agency, but I am sure a quick google will turn up something. It was all good- she had a home found before she left Ireland, and they met her at the airport. Got emails from her new family and everything. Turns out she was much more suited to chasing reindeer than the local wildlife! Was very hard to say goodbye to her at the airport, but at least we knew she had a good home to go to before letting her go.

Good Luck!
01-03-2012, 14:20   #9
Brianne

Waterford Animal Welfare will never put down a dog no matter how long they have him and a great home will be got by them for the dog.
Advertisement
01-03-2012, 14:26   #10
OldNotWIse

If you put him into a shelter be sure its one with a no kill policiy. Some of the larger (I wont name names but lets just say the ones who get the most government funding and PR) do not have a no kill policy, and having done voluntary work with them, I have seen not healthy but "curable" animals put down as a control measure, as well as those deemed non-rehomeable. I dont want to worry you but its just something to keep in mind.

Last edited by OldNotWIse; 01-03-2012 at 14:27. Reason: typo...again
01-03-2012, 14:57   #11
thomasm

Try Deise Animal Sanctuary also, the rehouse only to good homes. They dont have a website but are on facebook
01-03-2012, 18:16   #12
trinibops

wow every1 is so helpful that is really interestng bout re-homing them in sweden hav never ever heard bout dat. every1 say a lil prayer dat i find him sumwhere nice sumwhere
01-03-2012, 18:21   #13
michellie

What breed is he and is he good with children? Pm me if you would rather not put the information up.
01-03-2012, 20:16   #14
Brianne

Some Irish welfare groups send dogs to England and Wales to rescues to be homed there also. Rescues are very particular where they home dogs.
01-03-2012, 20:19   #15
trinibops

any idea how i could get in contact with any of these?? would the wwaterford animal welfare groups hav any ideas bout this??

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion