Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-02-2012, 19:50   #1
fidero

Setting up Eduroam??

Hi guys,
Anyone got a clue how to setup Eduroam to work in DCU? Is there any special security measures that need to be chosen? Anyone got a how-to document on the procedure? I am aware its only used by visitors to the campus from other such eduroam campuses...

N.D.,
Fi.
Advertisement
29-02-2012, 01:01   #2
extopia
Closed Account

What's wrong with the no-setup-required alternative? But if you insist on EDUROAM, just do a search on the DCU website
29-02-2012, 01:23   #3
PanicStations

The DCU website gives an overview of Eduroam here:

http://www4.dcu.ie/iss/networks/lapl...eduroam1.shtml

However, clicking the link "How Can I Connect to Eduroam?" brings up a "Page Not Found" message.

I do remember seeing flyers with instructions on connecting to Eduroam in the ISS office, maybe you could have a look in there?
29-02-2012, 09:02   #4
extopia
Closed Account

http://www4.dcu.ie/iss/networks/laplan/trymefirst.shtml
17-04-2012, 20:44   #5
Vinnieb92

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidero View Post
Hi guys,
Anyone got a clue how to setup Eduroam to work in DCU? Is there any special security measures that need to be chosen? Anyone got a how-to document on the procedure? I am aware its only used by visitors to the campus from other such eduroam campuses...

N.D.,
Fi.
'YourUsername'@dcu.ie

It's @dcu.ie for everyone, even if your email is mail.dcu.ie......... This username will also allow you to log in to the TCD and UCD eduroam networks. As well as in universities all over ireland and the world. We're all going to be moved to eduroam soon enough. It's basically to stop free loaders using the network.... Although I kinda prefer the open network idea in a uni campus

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion