Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein @ The O2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 HQ2011

Amazing gig, everything was perfect, sound was just like the albums and the pyro and showmanship was amazing! I hope they return!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭gizzymo

The sound was actually superb for the O2, I've been at some gigs and in the centre it can sound a bit to canny, but it was great last night, packed out house always helps dampen the tinny edge you can get though

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Superb pics man. It might be hard to describe how good it was in words but at least yer pics can do it for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

I can't get over the quantity of Pyro used at an indoor gig, absolutely fúcking amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭shnaek

Amazing gig. And great pics. Thanks for posting them.

• Advertisement

Glad you like the pics guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Most amazing gig I've been to in my life... Greats shots too. LOVE the last one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Amazing concert, I love Rammstein!

Must be a pretty amazing concert for a photographer to cover, with all the pyro, lighting and antics.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,390 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that gig was like 'this is spinal tap' crossed with 'triumph of the will' crossed with a shuttle launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

gizzymo I posted on the album on facebook as well but they are brilliant shots of an absolutely incredible band live!

That was the second time I have seen them and they are consistently excellent. I have a feeling if they do come back to Dublin that tickets will sell out rapidly this time.

• Advertisement

thanks guys. For sure the fire and pyro add challenge to shooting a gig, but its just great to be able to shoot something that is so out of the box from the norm. If I shoot them again I'd definitely fire off a few of the flame ones with a much higher shutter to get more actual flame detail, but at the end of the days thats how you learn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 thegalavanter

Raging I didnt get to go :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Here's my crap video btw

Too scared to bring the camera, so the iPhone had to do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,390 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i couldn't get over the number of people recording the gig on their phones. it was at ludicrous levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Phil Taz

Love the pic's, raging I mist it. Was wondering, is it risky bringing your camera to the O2 incase its compensated by security? Just Im going to see Olly tonight with the wife and was thinking of bringing my D80?

there was a pat-down going in, but a guy standing beside me in the venue had a bulky-ish bridge camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

The middle on of Till is brilliant man.

Great shots!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 joey c

Quality Pics - love the second esp.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭curtin10

class pics man. Was some gig. Dont suppose ya caught the Deathstars drummers epic fail - dropped the drumstick after he threw it in the air at the end of their set!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 horses4courses

yeah - obviously no clue and no experience of the music this band plays - you will never catch it on a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Innisfallen

i couldn't get over the number of people recording the gig on their phones. it was at ludicrous levels.

I did photos at Noel Gallagher a few week back, very very strict release (don't get me started on those), but we have to shoot from the sound desk (a great position for snipers, kinda crap for photographers though), I have one photo I counded 40 cameras over the crowds heads, it's insane....

Anyhow, my pics from Rammstein are on State (sorry Peter, I wana show off too ;)) - though all my Christmasses had come at once when I was told I had a pass.

Advertisement