Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-03-2012, 13:33   #61
RichieC
Closed Account

Link doesn't work from Ireland :C
Advertisement
07-03-2012, 13:35   #62
RichieC
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhog View Post
Here's a timeline of the ever shifting nuclear doomsday.

http://www.csmonitor.com/layout/set/...w/print/422252

The US and Israel have being crying wolf for over 30 years! It's all a load of waffle!

I wish the neocon imperialists would find something else to do with their time. It's getting so tiresome listening to the same old unhinged rhetoric.
It takes a populations eye off the crud that's going on back home.
07-03-2012, 13:51   #63
Corvus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinionated3 View Post
So OP why are they not upfront and honest with the iaea?
And yet couldn't we ask the same question of Israel's nuclear weapons program.
Thanks from:
07-03-2012, 14:14   #64
JustinDee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus Maximus View Post
And yet couldn't we ask the same question of Israel's nuclear weapons program.
If you want to keep swinging attention back that way and justify that post, you'd have to convince Israel to sign up to NPT in the first place. They aren't so are not obliged to comply to IAEA inspection requirements.
Iran as a signatory is required to comply.
(2) thanks from:
07-03-2012, 14:20   #65
RichieC
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinDee View Post
If you want to keep swinging attention back that way and justify that post, you'd have to convince Israel to sign up to NPT in the first place. They aren't so are not obliged to comply to IAEA inspection requirements.
Iran as a signatory is required to comply.
Surely the world should be more worried about a nation that refuses to sign up and hides all it's nuclear activity rather than one that signs up and doesn't meet a couple of requirements.

I think the pro us, Israel camp know the absurdity of their position tbf.
Advertisement
07-03-2012, 14:32   #66
JustinDee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieC View Post
Surely the world should be more worried about a nation that refuses to sign up and hides all it's nuclear activity rather than one that signs up and doesn't meet a couple of requirements.

I think the pro us, Israel camp know the absurdity of their position tbf.
A naive view that a "a couple of threats" from a regime that has supported and been involved in aggressive and subversive hostilities since 1979 via proxies and its own elite paramilitary, alongside a nuclear programme being upped by the week is a little bit more disconcerting.
More than just rhetoric.
Then again, you probably presume that Iran has not been engaged in anything of a kind with Hizbullah, Hamas, Syria or anyone else. If thats the case, then we're not going to agree.
I don't like the expansionism of Likud's coalition myself but the activities of Iran with Israel's enemies don't excuse it as any more special a case.
This isn't "US/Israel camp"-talk. Just how I see it following my own experiences etc.

Last edited by JustinDee; 07-03-2012 at 14:34.
07-03-2012, 14:32   #67
wes

Some more hype busting:

Iran Ready to Allow IAEA Access to Parchin Military Facility in Future

BTW, as I posted earlier Iran doesn't have to give access to this facility per the NPT, which is a fact that so many have ignored for some reason. So its interesting to see that they are offering a compromise like this, but I doubt it will calm much of the fear mongering from some people in the West.

Last edited by wes; 07-03-2012 at 14:44. Reason: added link and fixed typo's
Thanks from:
07-03-2012, 14:34   #68
RichieC
Closed Account

Quote:
A naive view that a "a couple of threats" from a country that has supported and been involved in aggressive and subversive hostilities since 1979 via proxies and its own elite paramilitary, alongside a nuclear programme being upped by the week is a little bit more disconcerting.
More than just rhetoric.

Then again, you probably presume that Iran has not been engaged in anything of a kind with Hizbullah, Hamas, Syria or anyone else. If thats the case, then we're not going to agree.
you could easily be talking about Israel here... sheesh.
07-03-2012, 14:56   #69
JustinDee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
Some more hype busting:

Iran Ready to Allow IAEA Access to Parchin Military Facility in Future
This news came through last night. Hardly been hanging around all this time. Also, the subjective possibilities of "in future".
The IAEA require access now.

Quote:
BTW, as I posted earlier Iran doesn't have to give access to this facility per the NPT, which is a fact that so many have ignored for some reason. So its interesting to see that they are offering a compromise like this, but I doubt it will calm much of the fear mongering from some people in the West.
What is ignored is the fact that an alleged civilian nuclear facility is safe behind the confines of a military facility. This never once raised an eyebrow, no?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-03-2012, 15:29   #70
RichieC
Closed Account

Quote:
What is ignored is the fact that an alleged civilian nuclear facility is safe behind the confines of a military facility. This never once raised an eyebrow, no?
Where did you read that there's a civilian nuclear facility in Parchin? It is a research base for conventional missile tech.

Oh right... who cares
07-03-2012, 16:06   #71
wes

Quote:
This news came through last night. Hardly been hanging around all this time. Also, the subjective possibilities of "in future".
The IAEA require access now.
The IAEA have no right to access the facility, and they have already inspected it twice in the past. So the Iranians have accomadated them in the past, and are planning to do so in the future. They are not required to do any of this under the NPT, so quite frankly the Iranians are acting within there right as per the NPT.

BTW the IAEA requiring access is irrelevant, as they have no right to inspect the facilty as per the NPT, its up to the Iranians, whether they give access or not.

Quote:
There is no nuclear facility there . Its a miltary facility that has been as I pointed out on the first page of this thread, already inspected twice by the IAEA. So quite frankly, I view claims in regards to this facility to be utter tosh. The IAEA have been there twice in the past and found nothing, and are being offered access again. Also, I will say this again, Iran did not have to offer access the first 2 times, nor do they have to offer future access. The fact that they have done so, actually means there acting above and beyond there commitments.

Last edited by wes; 07-03-2012 at 16:16.
Thanks from:
07-03-2012, 16:30   #72
JustinDee
Banned

Quote:
The IAEA have no right to access the facility, and they have already inspected it twice in the past. So the Iranians have accomadated them in the past, and are planning to do so in the future. They are not required to do any of this under the NPT, so quite frankly the Iranians are acting within there right as per the NPT.

BTW the IAEA requiring access is irrelevant, as they have no right to inspect the facilty as per the NPT, its up to the Iranians, whether they give access or not
If the Iranians want the sanctions dropped, they must prove as an NPT signatory, that they comply with what they sign up to. It is up to them to clear with IAEA. That is not irrelevant.

Quote:
There is no nuclear facility there . Its a miltary facility that has been as I pointed out on the first page of this thread, already inspected twice by the IAEA. So quite frankly, I view claims in regards to this facility to be utter tosh. The IAEA have been there twice in the past and found nothing, and are being offered access again. Also, I will say this again, Iran did not have to offer access the first 2 times, nor do they have to offer future access. The fact that they have done so, actually means there acting above and beyond there commitments.
The IAEA don't view it as tosh, nor do Iran's enemies. That would be more relevant a point.
I'm sure it is all innocent and that despite signing up to international agreements, Iran's regime are above it all. Lovely bunch.
07-03-2012, 17:11   #73
wes

Quote:
If the Iranians want the sanctions dropped, they must prove as an NPT signatory, that they comply with what they sign up to.
Yes, which does not include inspecting military sites.

Quote:
It is up to them to clear with IAEA. That is not irrelevant.
No it isn't but I was talking about a military site, which under the NPT, the IAEA have no right to inspect. A fact you deliberately ignored several times already.

Quote:
The IAEA don't view it as tosh,
Well, then they clearly don't have much fate in there own abilities since they were already at that site twice already. Still doesn't change the fact, as per the NPT, they have no right to access it.

Quote:
nor do Iran's enemies.
So we should listen to people who consider Iran an enemy. Really? Surely, Iran enemies are hardly thrust worthy in regard to claims about Iran, what with them being enemies.

Quote:
That would be more relevant a point.
So now Iran needs to proves itself to its enemies and not just the IAEA, who as per the NPT don't have any right to access miliary sites. Which is the point I was making. A point you choose to ignore.

Quote:
I'm sure it is all innocent and that despite signing up to international agreements, Iran's regime are above it all. Lovely bunch.
Again, the military site in question is not covered under the NPT. The fact that you have ignored that and then claimed it contains a nuclear site, without a single shred of evidence to back up that assertion is puzzling.
08-03-2012, 00:00   #74
Be like Nutella

hate that sh1t 'not available in your region' : (

Stewart rules!
08-03-2012, 00:08   #75
Be like Nutella

let's hope the cogs on the spin wheel don't move as smoothly this time... coz the whole world got punked with that sh1t in 2003.. thank you Colin

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion