Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita - Tips, Information, FAQs

Options
  • 25-02-2012 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭

This thread was created to provide helpful links and useful information on the Playstation Vita (PSV). Please feel free to contribute. Please keep chatter to a minimum, and only post useful information

In order to keep this thread organised and easy to navigate, please put the topic of your post at the top.

Links of Interest:
    PSVita megathread
    PlayStation Vita Tips And Tricks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

How to Mute your PSV

If you want to mute the device quickly, press and hold the + and - keys for a second at the same time. Pressing either of the buttons again will revert the volume to its original state.

How to Delete Apps

Touch the background until it goes into Edit mode [everything begins to wobble]. Find the application you want to delete and click on the small icon with ... on it. The option to delete it is there.

NOTE: It is currently not possible to delete system applications like Near and Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

How to access the recovery menu

Completely SHUTDOWN your system by press the POWER button down for at least 10 secs til' it goes black. Then press and hold the "Right" trigger shoulder button plus the "PS Home" button. Wait a bit and it should load into the Recovery Menu/Mode.

What's are these options for, in the RECOVERY MENU/MODE?

1. Restart System
    Boots your system as normal without changing any settings or files.

2.Rebuild Database
    Rewrite corrupted files within the database, potentially eliminating future issues. This feature should not erase any of your saved data or settings.

3. Format the memory card
    Format or erase data in the memory card.

4. Restore PS Vita System
    Restore the system to factory settings, data, firmware and internal flash.

5. System Update
    Allow the user to update the latest firmware from Sony.

How to Turn Off the Menu Music

Open Settings and browse to Sound & Display. Untick the System Music option to stop the annoying menu music.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

You can improve the way those lower-resolution PSP games look on the PS Vita’s screen by pressing and holding the front touchscreen to bring up a Settings menu where you can activate several options. Checking “bilinear filtering” and “color space” seems to yield consistently smoother results, but experiment with your PSP games to find your favorite combination.

I did this and GTA Chinatown Wars looks a lot better.

Credit goes to Tipsy McSwagger for this..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

How to collect trophies on 2nd hand games

Some games I've seen will not allow the user to collect trophies from 2nd hand games. You will be told this when starting the 2nd hand game for the first time. To rectify this:

-Hold down the game app in the main menu until it goes to edit mode.

-Click the small bubble in the top right of the app.

-Hit the delete button.

-Remove the game from the vita and put it back in.

-Game will install and trophies can be collected.

Once again credit due to people in the other thread but if you press start and ps button at the same time you can take a screenshot... ShaneU pointed that out to me, great tip imo..

How To Download Youtube Videos Directly On The Vita

[All credit to beercr8te for this]

On your Vita

1. Start the browser and enter in the address bar: http://oretube.blog99.fc2.com/blog-entry-75.html

2. Press on and hold PSVitaTubeDownloader until the 'Open' dialog box appears.

3. Then press 'Open'.

4. Bookmark this page and name it 'Youtube Downloader'.

5. Go to Youtube and select a video.

6. Go into Bookmarks and select 'Youtube Downloader'.

7. You should then see options to download the video in 1080/720/480p or what ever format the video is in, this should appear above the video box top left hand corner.

8. Select by pressing either 720p or 480p as 1080 doesn't playback.

9. Select and press 'Save', the video will now download and be added automatically to your video folder.

Here's a video which might help:

Otacon wrote: »
    How To Download Youtube Videos Directly On The Vita

[All credit to beercr8te for this]

On your Vita

1. Start the browser and enter in the address bar: http://oretube.blog99.fc2.com/blog-entry-75.html

2. Press on and hold PSVitaTubeDownloader until the 'Open' dialog box appears.

3. Then press 'Open'.

4. Bookmark this page and name it 'Youtube Downloader'.

5. Go to Youtube and select a video.

6. Go into Bookmarks and select 'Youtube Downloader'.

7. You should then see options to download the video in 1080/720/480p or what ever format the video is in, this should appear above the video box top left hand corner.

8. Select by pressing either 720p or 480p as 1080 doesn't playback.

9. Select and press 'Save', the video will now download and be added automatically to your video folder.

Here's a video which might help:

If you just want the songs and not video i just go to www.downloads.nl on my Vita/PS3 to download songs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

How to Use the Right Stick on Old PSP Games

A number of PSP games are now made more enjoyable by the addition of the right stick on the Vita. It has me stumped for a while as just how to use it, but pressing and holding the screen opens up another menu. One of the options is to map the right stick. (The same menu to improve the graphics)

For example Resistance Retribution used the X,O,SQ, and triangle buttons so when you open the menu select the buttons and the Vita will use the right stick in place of the buttons.

Many might already know this but as i was looking for a while it might prove handy.

• Advertisement

What Works When Using Multiple PSN Accounts on the Vita

[posted originally by super_furry]

Vita games - you can play games from other accounts on your Vita, but you can't earn trophies.

PSP games - you can't play games from other accounts on your Vita.

Apps - No restrictions.

Demos - No restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Otacon wrote: »
    What Works When Using Multiple PSN Accounts on the Vita

[posted originally by super_furry]

Vita games - you can play games from other accounts on your Vita, but you can't earn trophies.

PSP games - you can't play games from other accounts on your Vita.

Apps - No restrictions.

Demos - No restrictions.

Not true, you can only play vita games on the account you bought them with.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Not true, you can only play vita games on the account you bought them with.

Yeah, I was of this opinion too. Haven't confirmed it myself though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Bamboonub

I tried many settings to get the best quality for vita videos and throughout the journey, Found my own settings worked best!

The videos come out great, Great audio and in perfect sync. I've not seen a thread here recommending the settings so here we go :

---Video---

Video Codec - x264
    Frame Size - 960x544
    Video Bitrate - 1000
    Video Framerate - 25.00
    Encode Pass - 1

---Audio---

Audio Codec - aac
    Audio Bitrate - 128
    Sample Rate - 48000
    Audio Channel - 2
    Disable Audio - No
    A/V Sync - Basic
    Audio Track - Default *
    Subtitle - None *

This profile is for use when using "Any Video Converter"

You must select The profile "Sony PS3 MPEG-4 AVC Movie (480P) Before inputing these settings.

For any questions just ask and this should be helpful for people like me that are converting movies and tv shows and putting them onto their vitas! :D

Great info! You should put this in the Vita Tips sticky thread too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Bamboonub

animaX wrote: »
    Great info! You should put this in the Vita Tips sticky thread too.

I'll forward this onto the mod of this forum section and see what happens. Anyway converted the whole Inbetweeners series and it's looking great and sounding great :rolleyes:

How to recover "lost" downloads

Haven't seen this posted anywhere but this has happened to me a few times where the vita has had a brain fart and messed itself up. When you reboot it says "Updating database...."

The problem is, it never seems to update the database correctly and I lose everything I've downloaded (games/demos/apps etc). Fortunately I came up with a solution to the problem.

You just have to remove the memory card from the device, then put it back in again and start the system. Then it will say "Updating database..." again except this time it will do it properly! And viola, your downloads are back (but they're pushed to the very bottom screen).

It seems silly but it works :)

So, if you find that all your downloads are gone, don't panic. They're still on the memorystick, just not being picked up properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

For all 3G vita owners fed up with vodafones high prices of 20 euro a month, tesco mobile are doing 1GB data bundles for 6.99 for 30 days at a time.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/

The sims are free to order, once the sim is activated select your APN setting on your vita as tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com and tick/select data roaming and your sim will work

The only catch is you have to activate the sim with a phone and have to take your sim out and put it into a phone each time to order you data bundle with a text message, other than that its quite a saving on other networks data bundles. Who in the hell will use up vodafones 5GB download limit on a vita.

Hope this is of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

beercr8te wrote: »
    For all 3G vita owners fed up with vodafones high prices of 20 euro a month, tesco mobile are doing 1GB data bundles for 6.99 for 30 days at a time.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/

The sims are free to order, once the sim is activated select your APN setting on your vita as tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com and tick/select data roaming and your sim will work

The only catch is you have to activate the sim with a phone and have to take your sim out and put it into a phone each time to order you data bundle with a text message, other than that its quite a saving on other networks data bundles. Who in the hell will use up vodafones 5GB download limit on a vita.

Hope this is of some help.

now to be fair 1 gig a month is not worth it in the end. go on and get a 3 network card and top it up for 20 euros. unlike vodaphones 5 gigs you will get a 15 gig a month limit and if you pass it it will not cut out its justs slows down a little, on top of that use the sim in your phone too, you get lots more for it and you still can use the 20 euro credit, all these are just bonuses that comes with the top up, handy in my opinion

Advertisement