Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Wiring Cable

Options
  • 22-02-2012 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, does anyone out there in boardsland know the spec on guitar wiring cable. ie. pickup cable and internal wiring cable. I'm an electrical wholesaler and could get the cable cheap, if only I knew the specs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

travis1976 wrote: »
    Hi guys, does anyone out there in boardsland know the spec on guitar wiring cable. ie. pickup cable and internal wiring cable. I'm an electrical wholesaler and could get the cable cheap, if only I knew the specs.

There's no spec that I'm aware of.
    22 gauge stranded "hook up wire" is what I like to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

multistrand cable is pretty much a must,

Any cable that isnt too thick and is made of good conductor material and well shielded will do fine I'd say.

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/c=Vf4kY89IfD19Rj0cQ6J15EAFb/category/electronic_parts.wire___shielding/

have a look at some of the luthier websites and see what they stock.

Advertisement