Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic are now Saorview appoved

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

TheTX-P50UT50B 50" Plasma is shown as Saorview certified.

According to the Freesat.co.uk site it is the VT one that is Freesat, but Argos show the UT one to be Freesat. Strange, but could it be what we have been waiting for?

Argos have it at £900, but out of stock. They also list a 42 inch but also out of stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Shock horror, Argos get it wrong, again. (When in doubt just add Saorview logo)

The UT arent Freesat, the VT are. All their range are Freeview HD though as standard.

Heres the specs for the new range.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

STB wrote: »
    Heres the specs for the new range.

The remote looks interesting! I wonder if it would work with my 50" VT30 2011 model??

Speaking of which why isnt my VT30 saorview approved? It works fine with saorview, I have a 32gb sd card plugged into the side and I record no problems. The only issues I have is no series link!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

heres a quick look at the full UK lineup.

touch sensitive remote ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

The Cush wrote: »
    A range of Panasonic Plasma and LCD TVs have gone through SAORVIEW testing and are now officially SAORVIEW Approved.

DVD recorders anyone ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭dellWlan

The Cush wrote: »
    From the Saorview website
    PANASONIC NOW SAORVIEW APPROVED

A range of Panasonic Plasma and LCD TVs have gone through SAORVIEW testing and are now officially SAORVIEW Approved.

You can find the full list of approved models here:

Panasonic SAORVIEW Approved Models

http://www.saorview.ie/news/panasonic-now-saorview-approved/

So what's different about the gt and vt models that make them still not approved?

Have they crippled firmware? Uk only set up putting channels in the 800's?? Anything else amiss?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

Just avoid Panachronic. They are more trouble than they are worth.

Advertisement