If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PIONEER Blu-Ray & AVR - From £69.95 - PRICES DROPPING - CAN YOU HEAR THE THUD!

Options
  • 20-02-2012 1:08pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭

Boardies,

I have received a shipment of PIONEER AV RECEIVERS that I can clear to Boardies at really remarkable prices!

The first is the Pioneer VSX421
    See details here: http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/42/98/405/VSX-421/index.html

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=11953
    • 5.1 AV Surround Sound
    • 130Watts / Channel
    • 3 HDMI Inputs
    • 3D Ready
    • HDMI Audio Return Channel
    • Dolby True HD
    • DTS HD Master Audio

Should retail at £249 - I have a reasonable number that I can do for Boardies at just £129.95!!!!

Next up is the Pioneer VSX521

See details here:http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/42/98/405/VSX-521/index.html

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=11955
    • 5.1 AV Surround Sound
    • 130Watts / Channel
    • MCACC Microphone Auto Calibration
    • Optional Bluetooth Audio streaming dongle available
    • 4 HDMI Inputs
    • 3D Ready
    • HDMI Audio Return Channel
    • Dolby Pro Logis IIz
    • DTS HD Master Audio

Did retail at £299 and received a 4 out of 5 star review from What Hi-fi when reviewed at £279.95 - at £110 cheaper - it's got to be a bit of a steal!- Again I have a reasonable number that I can do for Boardies at just £169.95!!!!

Finally we have at last just received a decent delivery of the VSX921

Again it had a good 4 out of 5 star review from What Hi-Fi at £450: http://www.whathifi.com/review/vsx-921 - I can release about 10 of them to Boardies at £279.95

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=12036

This is a serious beast!
    The VSX921 comes with a LAN connection for integration with your home network / Apple AirPlay compatibility, DLNA streaming and an optional wi-fi dongle for wireless connectivity.

Apple's AirPlay lets you wirelessly stream music from any compatible Apple device - without the need for a separate home hub. DLNA streaming gets you access to music stored on your PC, laptop or NAS and plays it through the receiver. There's also access to Internet radio and music services, making the VSX-921 a fully comprehensive streamer.

In addition to offering multiple networking possibilities, the VSX921 keeps control better than ever. iControlAV2 lets you control all important receiver functions from your smartphone or tablet. Control playback, select an input, adjust listening modes and change sound balance and emphasis from one app. The Pioneer VSX921 is also compatible with Air Jam. Air Jam is a Bluetooth-based app that lets a group of people connect with their iPhones, iPod Touch or iPads and add their songs to the receiver playlist. In effect it's a local, social network for music and works well with the VSX-921.

4 HDMI sockets offer full compatibility with 3D TV and ARC (Audio Return Channel)
    iPod Digital USB connection.
    Dolby TrueHD
    DTS-HD Master Audio
    Pro-Logic IIz
    150 watts into 6 ohms.
    Advanced 9-band MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration) system

If you would like to match these AV Receivers to a decent Blu-Ray I have a bundle of PIONEER BDP140 that I can do for Boardies at £69.95 that's 65% off the original retail price!!!!!!!!!

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=11954

As ever drop me a line if I can assist or if you would like to reserve any of these deals..

Thanks a million,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GalwaySandman

How much for a VSX421 delivered to Galway? Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭BobMc

ahh damn, just got s sony 520 last thursday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

How much for a VSX421 delivered to Galway? Thanks a million!

Hi Galway,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We could deliver you a VSX 421 for £162.94 / €203.67. :)

We have these in stock and ready to go if you're interested.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Hi Dave

I have been lurking watching for deals on seperates for a while.

Some noob questions:

I have an old Panasonic DVD/surround sound system (no hdmi etc.), will I be able to use my exisitng speakers/subwoofer

from looking at the pics, the connections seem ok for the centre and surround speakers but the subwoofer and front speaker connections appear different

If I need new speakers with this, is there an affordable recommendation?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Austin1

Hi John

I'm interested in the VSX-921 and I need a quote to include a really good 5.1 speaker package. Here are my requirements:

It's a fairly small room - 15ft X 10ft approx with a wooden floor. Thankfully its a detached house so I'm looking for something which lets me crank it up to 11 with both movies and music!

I don't want speakers fixed to the walls so I'm looking for some good quality front floor standers with the rear speakers mounted on some stylish looking stands. I also want the sub woofer to have plenty of oomph. I'll need about 40ft of good quality speaker cable too.

Alternatively, due to the small room size, you might suggest a package without floor standers at the front and instead some good sized satellite speakers with nice stands.

I bought a Philips 42PFL9664 from your sister store in Dublin back in 2010 so I hope you can do me a good deal! I need this delivered to Dublin and my budget including the receiver is EUR1100 or thereabouts(I can maybe stretch a little further for the right package).

Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer.

Cheers

Austin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,435 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Just to add i got the VSX921 a few months ago from RS and it is a savage piece of kit.

Riskymove wrote: »
    Hi Dave

I have been lurking watching for deals on seperates for a while.

Some noob questions:

I have an old Panasonic DVD/surround sound system (no hdmi etc.), will I be able to use my exisitng speakers/subwoofer

from looking at the pics, the connections seem ok for the centre and surround speakers but the subwoofer and front speaker connections appear different

If I need new speakers with this, is there an affordable recommendation?

thanks

Hi Risky,

It's a fantastic deal, really nice amp as well. Sound from it is well good!

Do you have the model of the old system? You should be able to use the speakers ok. The likes of the subwoofer would need to be upgraded to an active sub rather than the passive sub you have.

We have some nice speaker packs starting from £109.95. It's a Pioneer 5.1 pack and would go nicely with the 421. Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/pioneer/s-hs100/pion-shs100

I think that would be your best option, an active subwoofer would set you back around £119.95. A whole 5.1 pack for £109 is a steal. Plus it's a nice pack too. :)

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Austin1 wrote: »
    Hi John

I'm interested in the VSX-921 and I need a quote to include a really good 5.1 speaker package. Here are my requirements:

It's a fairly small room - 15ft X 10ft approx with a wooden floor. Thankfully its a detached house so I'm looking for something which lets me crank it up to 11 with both movies and music!

I don't want speakers fixed to the walls so I'm looking for some good quality front floor standers with the rear speakers mounted on some stylish looking stands. I also want the sub woofer to have plenty of oomph. I'll need about 40ft of good quality speaker cable too.

Alternatively, due to the small room size, you might suggest a package without floor standers at the front and instead some good sized satellite speakers with nice stands.

I bought a Philips 42PFL9664 from your sister store in Dublin back in 2010 so I hope you can do me a good deal! I need this delivered to Dublin and my budget including the receiver is EUR1100 or thereabouts(I can maybe stretch a little further for the right package).

Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer.

Cheers

Austin

Hi Austin,

Our current price on the 921 is £289.95 which is a complete steal!!

I'd take a look at the Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 pack which is currently priced at £469.95.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/monitor-audio-vector-av10

This a lovely sounding pack, takes away the floor standers but still has a nice punch to them. The sub is nice a compact, a complete beast though!

I'd have a look at the Monitor Audio BX5 5.1 pack. Bit over your budget but would be money well spent. :)

http://www.whathifi.com/review/monitor-audio-bronze-bx5-51

Let me what you think, if the BX pack looks appealing let me know and I'll see what I can do for you. :)

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Austin1

Hi Austin,

Our current price on the 921 is £289.95 which is a complete steal!!

I'd take a look at the Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 pack which is currently priced at £469.95.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/monitor-audio-vector-av10

This a lovely sounding pack, takes away the floor standers but still has a nice punch to them. The sub is nice a compact, a complete beast though!

I'd have a look at the Monitor Audio BX5 5.1 pack. Bit over your budget but would be money well spent. :)

http://www.whathifi.com/review/monitor-audio-bronze-bx5-51

Let me what you think, if the BX pack looks appealing let me know and I'll see what I can do for you. :)

Chris

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭cambridge7

Patience is a virtue.....John could you give me a price for vsx921 with speakers and delivery to county louth.

thanks, Paddy

• Advertisement

Chris

Thank's Chris

Its very tempting

I presume I could use existing speaker cable for surround and centre

do I need to get opther cables to connect the subwoofer and front speakers or do they come with the speaker pack?

and finally, what is delivery to Dublin?

EDIT: I suppose I should just check it meets my basic requirements!

I will want to connect sky HD box, an xbox and a PS3 to the reciever...I presume the 3 HDMI inputs is all I require for them (sound and vision to tv)

I then have a PC which I will want to connect for sound only, I presume the red/white cable currently used is sufficient

I also happen to have an optical cable unused, is this worth using for one of the HDMI devices above (i.e. would it provide better sound/connection than just the HDMI?)

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 40 169

Can I have the PIONEER BDP140

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

how much for the 421 to be collected from your dublin store? (in euros please)

there is no Dublin Store anymore, it closed

• Company Representative Posts: 17,199 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

cambridge7 wrote: »
    Patience is a virtue.....John could you give me a price for vsx921 with speakers and delivery to county louth.

thanks, Paddy

What would your budget be on the speakers as there are lots of options:

You could added the Boston Xs5.1 SE for £269.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/boston-/soundware-xs-se/bost-sndware-xs-se-b

Or up to the Fantastic Monitor Audio Vectors at £469.95
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=954&Results=true&keys=vector

Or even the Tannoy SFX 5.1 priced at £199.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/tannoy/sfx5.1/tann-sfx5.1-blk

Let me know if any of these packs would suit :)

169 wrote: »
    Can I have the PIONEER BDP140

Hey 169

PM Sent :)

Hi Bittihuduga.

Unfortunately like RiskyMove has said the Philips Store in Dublin has now closed which is where we had our collections form :(

I can have one delivered to your door or work place for £162.94 / €203.67

Let me know if this would suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭luckyger

Hi Kenny,

Can you PM me with a price for the VSX421 , BDP140 and S-HS100. Also include delivery to Co. Meath.

Cheers man.

Ger.

Thank's Chris

Its very tempting

I presume I could use existing speaker cable for surround and centre

do I need to get opther cables to connect the subwoofer and front speakers or do they come with the speaker pack?

and finally, what is delivery to Dublin?

EDIT: I suppose I should just check it meets my basic requirements!

I will want to connect sky HD box, an xbox and a PS3 to the reciever...I presume the 3 HDMI inputs is all I require for them (sound and vision to tv)

I then have a PC which I will want to connect for sound only, I presume the red/white cable currently used is sufficient

I also happen to have an optical cable unused, is this worth using for one of the HDMI devices above (i.e. would it provide better sound/connection than just the HDMI?)

thanks

Hi Risky,

Thanks for getting back to me. And apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

You could use your existing cable for the rear speakers and centre. Cable for the fronts would be seperate, if you give me a rough idea how much cable you'd need for the whole lot inc rears. I'd recommend trying to run the same cable for the speakers. Especially fronts and centre. We have speaker cable starting from 99p per meter.

The subwoofer would be a seperate sublink cable, an existing phono cable could be split and also used for this. We've got a few options starting from £9.95 for a 3m cable. Just depends how far the sub is going to be.

The 3 HDMI inputs would cover your Sky, 360 and PS3. You'd also need to use an optical cable for both Sky and the Xbox to carry the sound.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you've any other questions.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pod10

Hi John,

Can you put aside a 421 and a pioneer S-HS100 speaker package.Can you recommend a set of rear speaker stands to suit the pioneer speakers(PEERLESSSPK510 or OMNIMOUNTELO) with delivery to cork(price in euros with a good conversion rate:).)

Regards

Kieran

• Advertisement

What would your budget be on the speakers as there are lots of options:

You could added the Boston Xs5.1 SE for £269.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/boston-/soundware-xs-se/bost-sndware-xs-se-b

Or up to the Fantastic Monitor Audio Vectors at £469.95
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=954&Results=true&keys=vector

Or even the Tannoy SFX 5.1 priced at £199.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/tannoy/sfx5.1/tann-sfx5.1-blk

Let me know if any of these packs would suit :)[/QUOTE

Hi Kenny, I don't need speakers. Brother has a spare set. :) So could you pm me with details for av unit and delivery in euros.

Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

cambridge7 wrote: »

thanks, Paddy

Paddy,

Not sure if Chris or Dave have already replied to you via PM but we can do the VSX921 to Boardies at £279.95 and delivery is £12.95 - total is £292.90 (lets call it £290/ €359!)

In stock and ready to ship..

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

Hi Bittihuduga.

Unfortunately like RiskyMove has said the Philips Store in Dublin has now closed which is where we had our collections form :(

I can have one delivered to your door or work place for £162.94 / €203.67

Let me know if this would suit.

Kenny
    the deliver of 33 pounds is too high for dublin.
    sorry

Hope this helps. Let me know if you've any other questions.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Firstly, the sub and front speakers will be pretty much beside the reciever so I don't need much cable for them

EDIT: I see you think i shoudl get new cable for the centre speaker; again this is pretty much beside the recieiver

With regard to the rears its a box bedroom so not large; I will try and give some ball park distances later

In relation to optical cables, how come they are needed for sky and xbox but not PS3? does the hdmi not carry both sound and vision? Can you include an optical cable also then please.

Can you PM me with a total cost for the Recievier, speakers, cables and delivery to Dublin please.

thanks

RM

pod10 wrote: »
    Hi John,

Can you put aside a 421 and a pioneer S-HS100 speaker package.Can you recommend a set of rear speaker stands to suit the pioneer speakers(PEERLESSSPK510 or OMNIMOUNTELO) with delivery to cork(price in euros with a good conversion rate:).)

Regards

Kieran

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

I've got the amp in stock at the moment but no speaker pack. I should have 1 in on Friday though. :)

The omnimount stands would be grand for the Pioneer speakers. You could also use the Peerless stands, this would allow you to then actually attach the stands. We currently have the Boston speakers set on them. The screw hole for the Pioneer is a little bit smaller though. Screws to fit should be easy enough to come by.

Both options work out the same price. :)

Amp, speakers and omnimounts - £292.80 / €366.00

Stand wise I've got the Peerless in stock atm, no Omnimounts though. I'd need to order them in.

Also would you need any cables for the above??

Chris

Paddy,

Not sure if Chris or Dave have already replied to you via PM but we can do the VSX921 to Boardies at £279.95 and delivery is £12.95 - total is £292.90 (lets call it £290/ €359!)

In stock and ready to ship..

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

PM sent John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

In relation to optical cables, how come they are needed for sky and xbox but not PS3? does the hdmi not carry both sound and vision? Can you include an optical cable also then please.

RM

No Sky box carries surround sound through HDMI - only through optical...

No Sky box carries surround sound through HDMI - only through optical...

ah right, it would carry sound but not surround sound?

grand

same must apply to Xbox then

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

yep - the sky box will carry stereo sound via HDMI not 5.1, but i`d highly recommend using an optical cable as advised by the richer sounds guys
    (I have a pioneer amp purchased from RS and it`s still awesome 2 years after I bought it)

As for the xbox 360 it depends what xbox you have, I have the original 360 with no HDMI output and have to use an optical cable but I believe the latest models with HDMI can carry 5.1 but the RS guys could confirm this before you place your order.

• Advertisement

Kenny
    the deliver of 33 pounds is too high for dublin.
    sorry

Hi Bitti,

We can offer the amp delivered for £142.94 / €178.67.

Let me know if you're happy with that. :)

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.