Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantasy star online 2

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Phantasy star online 2 confirmed for western release 2013

Defiently getting a gaming pc now :D

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/357112/phantasy-star-online-2-set-for-early-2013-western-release/

Definitely going to give this a try, missed out on the original 2 episodes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Will definitely give this a whirl when it comes out. PSO was the first game I ever spent 60+hrs on. Loved it at the time and it was a revelation (for me at least, having never played online).

Unfortunately I probably won't have the same amount of time to indulge this time around:( A lot of people seem to be playing already using the Japanese servers. Reports seem positive all around.

Will this one have an offline component too or is it solely online?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well if its a free-2-play then most likely online as have to keep your characters on the server, allowing offline would open up so much hacking for anything that could be bought.

Plus the third word in the name :p

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Plus the third word in the name :p

Ah yes but Phantasy Star Online also had a single player aspect to it too;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Vyse wrote: »
    Will definitely give this a whirl when it comes out. PSO was the first game I ever spent 60+hrs on. Loved it at the time and it was a revelation (for me at least, having never played online).

Unfortunately I probably won't have the same amount of time to indulge this time around:( A lot of people seem to be playing already using the Japanese servers. Reports seem positive all around.

Will this one have an offline component too or is it solely online?

I heard there is a single player component but im not entirely sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Anyone got the minimum specs?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Anyone got the minimum specs?

- Windows XP (32-bit versions only)
    - Vista (all versions)
    - 7 (all versions)
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 6300 (equivalent or better)
    RAM: 2GB
    GPU: 256MB Nvidia GeForce 7800GT (equivalent or better)
    HDD Space: 8GB
    Monitor: PSO2's minimum video resolution is 1280x720 (true 720p). You must have your computer's video resolution set to output at at least this resolution for PSO2 to play. Bad news for those of you holding onto your antiquated 1024x768 max res monitors.

Taken from: http://www.segaforums.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Damn, I only have a 128mb VRAM 8600m GT (though Windows reads it as 368mb so maybe I'll be fine).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Trolls using legitimate user complaints to mask their ill deeds?

Why I never!

I think what's more worrying is that they were able to make the game unplayable like this in the first place...

• Advertisement

So I have a slightly better PC now, and jobless for a bit.
    Plus the game finally released on Steam :pac:

I'm on Server 4 but only just starting.
    Wish me luck!

Advertisement