Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3e's Sudden Schedule Changes

Options
  • 16-02-2012 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭

Just looking up digiguide early on today and noticed a good proportion on 3e's schedule has changed for next week.

Star Trek DS9 replaces Steve Wilkos Show on weekdays
    Friday Night Lights and Glee replaces Steve Wilkos Show on weekends
    New Adv Of Old Christine replaces Friends
    Everybody Hates Chris and King Of Queens replaces That 70's Show
    Law And Order replaces Cold Case
    Law And Order replaces CSI miami
    House replaces NCIS LA
    Then they're showing Midday and The Morning Show on the following weekend on Sat and Sunday morning at 11am.

Why the sudden changes I wonder? Really strange that such mass changes happen, even when series that haven't even finished their series have just been took off like Cold Case.

Is it a case of burning off old shows or just to mix it up for ratings boost?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It may be that a bunch of their programme rights expire at the same time. Or if a new Director of Programming takes over, they sometimes decide to do a reshuffle. Not sure what the case is in this instance though.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Interesting that 3e are taking on House. Shame it wasn't taken on sooner, though I guess running old Season 1 episodes would be considerably cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭iseegirls

House has been on 3e for a long time - they've shown series 1-6 now twice or three times.

It just seems like they're burning off old shows that Channel 6 had. But it seems strange to suddenly change it - meaning TV listings in weekly magazines are now wrong. Maybe the scheduler got the sack. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Stupid bar stewards :mad:

I was watching that 70's show from the beginning and they take it off in the middle of season 4 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

From what I can see of 3e they try to swap their US Cop TV show at the end of each season. So for example:-

8pm CSI:Miami Series 5
    9pm Cold Case Series 3

Once this stripped schedule finishes in a month they replace

8pm CSI:Las Vegas Series 3
    9pm NCIS Series 2

As this finishes then
    8pm CSI:Miami Series 6
    9pm Cold Case Series 4

I have chosen the series numbers randomly.

Looks like they replaced both of these with a L&O double bill.

• Advertisement

More strange scheduling the week after. After putting on Star Trek DS9 this week from 3-5, they are then showing Animal A&E double and Uploaded double the following week at the same time. Surely a little consistency in some schedules has to happen. Why put in a programme into a new slot like they were doing yesterday, and then change it again next week - not even allowing such a programme to gain a viewership in that timeslot.

I'm just happy they haven't touched Conan. I wish they revamped the morning schedule though while they are wielding the axe. The Morning Show, Midday and Ireland AM offer no alternative viewing to what they are showing on TV3 which is exactly the same shows. Surely a comedy slot in the morning like Ch4 would be better.

iseegirls wrote: »
    More strange scheduling the week after. After putting on Star Trek DS9 this week from 3-5, they are then showing Animal A&E double and Uploaded double the following week at the same time. Surely a little consistency in some schedules has to happen. Why put in a programme into a new slot like they were doing yesterday, and then change it again next week - not even allowing such a programme to gain a viewership in that timeslot.

I'm just happy they haven't touched Conan. I wish they revamped the morning schedule though while they are wielding the axe. The Morning Show, Midday and Ireland AM offer no alternative viewing to what they are showing on TV3 which is exactly the same shows. Surely a comedy slot in the morning like Ch4 would be better.

They have no money to invest in 3e. They have a major loan outstanding, and seem more interested in there hd studio.

Elmo wrote:

They have no money to invest in 3e. They have a major loan outstanding, and seem more interested in there hd studio.

I wouldn't be surprised then if they just changed 3e into a TV3+1 channel in a while.

I wouldn't be surprised then if they just changed 3e into a TV3+1 channel in a while.

hope not. I know they want a +1 channel but 3e is cheap and now has a good audience share. Last week it should be up around the 2% mark due to the Live Man U match. I would say they will begin to treat it more like TV3 circa 1998. Surprise they haven't repeated Buffy on the channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Bazzer2

I'm just happy they haven't touched Conan..

+1. :D

• Advertisement

Bazzer2 wrote: »
    +1. :D

Prob the only thing I watch on 3e and I think it continues to get puts on later and later.

No that 70's show fans then :o

mad muffin wrote: »
    No that 70's show fans then :o

Yeah its a good comedy, though repeat a bit much now. The later seasons were not all that good. Season 1 to about 4 were the best. 3rd Rock is better IMO.

Elmo wrote: »
    Yeah its a good comedy, though repeat a bit much now. The later seasons were not all that good. Season 1 to about 4 were the best. 3rd Rock is better IMO.

You could say the same for 3rd Rock :P - the earlier seasons were the best, while the later ones were just bad.

Schedule changed again for the week beginning 5th March with 3rd Rock From The Sun being shown at 2pm, with Jeremy Kyle going to 4pm.

They must have seen your comment Elmo this morning so. :P

TV3's Daytime schedule has took a few changes too since xmas. Law And Order has been replaced by oprah repeats, and Jeremy kyle US looks like its been dropped from the 5th march with repeats of Corrie and Emmerdale, even though they are repeated in the morning around 6am plus have a omnibus every weekend.

Spoke too soon about Conan. :(

Just looked up digiguide and see that they've replaced it with CSI:Miami repeats at 12.30 from Monday onwards.

Once again they've made sweeping changes from the listings that have been published for next week.

Spoke too soon about Conan. :(

Just looked up digiguide and see that they've replaced it with CSI:Miami repeats at 12.30 from Monday onwards.

Once again they've made sweeping changes from the listings that have been published for next week.

They push him back to late, first at 11:30 and then slowly to 12:30 :(

Soon 3e will just be left with TV3 repeats, CSI, Law and Order and Cold Case.

Have they shown his interview with Don Cheadle yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Have they shown his interview with Don Cheadle yet?

It was mentioned on Conan last night that Don Cheadle would be on the following nights show.

Unfortunately Conan is not on tonight and does not seem to be on 3e next week so we may never see that interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Looks like Conan has been dropped from 3e.

Maybe some sort of campaign will need to be done.

Start sending coco pops to TV3 headquarters - just like US public do their networks when some of their shows go off air. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 misscain

what how why??? no no no no nooo
    what can we do what can we do what can we do?
    did they really just drop CONAN? this is absurd!

misscain wrote: »
    what how why??? no no no no nooo
    what can we do what can we do what can we do?
    did they really just drop CONAN? this is absurd!

Yeah I thought it might just have been for Public Holiday Monday.

Their schedule is really being filled with TV3 repeats. Uploaded on 3 times tomorrow and Ireland's animal A&E taking over from their usual 7pm comedy.

What not to wear? replaces Conan, and CSI gets another outing just before it.

Midday and the Morning Show getting repeats at 5am and then again at 8:20am.

Xpose Omnibus on Saturday and Sunday!!!! More Uploaded.

The only good thing about this schedule is Friday Night Lights (which should really be given a prime time slot, surely better then Animal A&E at 7).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

3e may aswell shut down now for all I care. Idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭timesnap

I wonder is it all down to money?
    or are they following the US model were shows are started in primetime and if not getting the ratings either cancelled mid-season or put into a 'graveyard' slot.
    whatever the reason for all the changes TV3/3e are showing the same contempt for their viewers as US networks have always done.
    they might have more friends if they explained what they were up to.

timesnap wrote: »
    I wonder is it all down to money?
    or are they following the US model were shows are started in primetime and if not getting the ratings either cancelled mid-season or put into a 'graveyard' slot.
    whatever the reason for all the changes TV3/3e are showing the same contempt for their viewers as US networks have always done.
    they might have more friends if they explained what they were up to.

It may have something to do with their Anglo Deal and loan restructure. I can see 3e becoming TV3+1 as soon as its given the go ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭timesnap

It may have something to do with their Anglo Deal and loan restructure. I can see 3e becoming TV3+1 as soon as its given the go ahead.
    I know it is a sign of the times Elmo even so it is a very boring time for people who have albeit a casual interest in broadcasting.{like me)
    Saorview is such a let down.
    Astra 1N i thought might have brought some more excitement,like when every monday or Thursday something new would happen on the EPG.
    it looks like we will have very little to chat about anytime soon.:(

Looks like Conan will return on the 2nd of April according to digiguide - but just wait and see how many times the schedule will change till then.

Consistency is something the 3e schedule has to have. At the moment no-one knows where shows lye anymore apart from FYI and XPOSE at 6.

Why was That 70's Show replaced by Everybody Loves Chris then King Of Queens then Irelands A&E? I know people said on here before about burning shows off maybe due to rights ending on that series, but why would they show them in primetime and not after midnight or daytime?

The repeating of XPOSE, Midday, The Morning Show, Uploaded has become crazy as Elmo pointed out. These shows are already available on 3Player, yet we're subjected to repeats throughout the week. The 'straw that broke the camels back' this week came as they repeated Friday's Ireland AM on Bank Holiday Monday. What utter lazy scheduling!!

Their American purchases have gone downhill over the last year. There's been no new episodes of Dexter, Fringe, Chuck, The Closer, Hells Kitchen US, How I Met Your Mother, In Treatment, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Supernatural, The Unit, The Wire, Without A Trace over the last 2 years, so I'm presuming they're finished on 3e.

Looking at that list - and adding in That 70's Show, Big Bang Theory and Conan - they could build a really big channel just like FiveUSA and wrap them around FYI, Uploaded and other shows.

When did the 70's show return?:confused:

If it was today its not from where it was left off.

Advertisement