Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving job

Options
  • 16-02-2012 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi guys

I am currently on unpaid maternity leave have 6 weeks left of my of it as i took the 16wks unpaid. I have 3 kids under three and our working week is four days from 7 am to 5. 20 pm with three kids i am seriously considering not going back to my current job. I would like to get a job with a shorter working day as my eldest is starting playschool in september and i need to drop him to school. My question is what reason to i give my employer and social welfare as i want to draw my stamp until i find a new job and i dont want to be waiting the nine weeks as i would be penalised for leaving my job volantarily. Plus can i hand in my notice now and it can come off my unpaid maternity leave does anyone know or do i have to work my 4 weeks notice?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

You've already found, and posted in our Work & Jobs forum so please continue using that forum for such questions.

This particular forum is for new boards.ie users to ask questions about the site itself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement