Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Race07 Online Players Here

Options
  • 14-02-2012 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭

As the title says

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

I own Race07 alright, but to be honest I actually loathed the Idea of online racing.

Sounds surprising for someone that has just signed up to iRacing?
    The thoughts of Online racing always filled me with dread..I would race offline against the Ai who for the most part didn't do anything unpredictable..didnt make many mistakes and they were bloody fast!

I would always be perfectly calm during an AI race.
    The few online races I tried I would feel almost sick I was so nervous, I guess I didn't want to find out I was slow against REAL humans lol.

Having tried I racing now I have to say I wouldnt mind digging out a few of my older sims and trying a bit of online with them :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Race 07 and its addons are decent, if you want to play online you best join a league, racedepartment.com
    Great community with all sorts of events for all the usual racing sims.
    The problem with pretty much everything thats not iracing is you need a league to ensure clean racers.

Can i suggest Game Stock Car, its the closest any sim has come to iracing in my opinion, doesnt have a subscribtion, free DLC released already,excellent online when run in a league, again racedepartment have a great league running.
    They also have clubs runing for casual fun clean racing.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/forums/game-stock-car.77/

Just a quick sample of the RD GSC ction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Race07 is good for me for now,,,i dont have a steering wheel so thats the thing stopping me from iracing but with race 07 , i no im only a mid table racer at best. i love the wtcc and the f3000. Most times i play the races are clean. But for me i like playing against other irish people and iv only come across 1 in the last 6 months

That open wheel race looks amazing!! I did try the Demo but your right Dcully, its simply not long enough, half an hour, might splash out on the full version.

Bloody hell after years in the wilderness with shag all to play, the bloody things are popping up all over the place now!

is thaere an iRacing Trial

• Advertisement

no, unfortunately, they are doing 3 months for the price of 1 which works out at about a tenner. Its a subscription based service, the base packsge will give you all you need to get you going, where you go from there is up to you, :D

ok i might try it,,but around how much might it be for the open wheelers and the stockcars and maybe 6 or 7 tracks,,And what is an acceptible internet speed for playing this game

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I still play now and again, the RACE On expansion. Always a solid game and extremely playable to the day. Graphics are dated sure, but it runs on my crappy Intel HD laptop for when I'm not at home, so I'm not complaining

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Rossi IRL, iRacing might not be a lot of fun without a wheel. All depends how good you are with your controllers I guess. A wheel doesn't have to cost a fortune, and old MS Sidewinder Force Feeback USB is trusty (optical pots) and cheap. Perfect to get you goin' with iRacing.

well i have ordered my Wheelstandpro.. now i just have to get a wheel...im thinking of a g27

• Advertisement
Advertisement