Teeth Whitening - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-02-2012, 23:55   #1
fluffybunny124

Teeth Whitening

Hey there.

Am due to get my braces off soon, and really want to get my teeth whitened.

Can anyone advise on anything they used or visited? Did it work and how expensive?

Thanks
Advertisement
11-02-2012, 00:05   #2
gigawatt

i know some places are doing lazer whitening for under a hundred euro, but be careful! i had considered getting this done, but asked my dentist and he said sometimes it leads to an increase in sensitivity which can be long term. not good! u could just get a scale and polish and they'll probably be lovely, or else dentists do whitening treatments with a gumshield and gel, but its usually quite expensive (a few hundred euros) and time consuming. just think long and hard about it
11-02-2012, 00:07   #3
ucd.1985

Try one of the home kits first and see how happy you are with the results.

I used the Whizzer whitening strips and was really pleased with the whiteness without having to break the bank.
Thanks from:
11-02-2012, 09:28   #4
Millem

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffybunny124 View Post
Hey there.

Am due to get my braces off soon, and really want to get my teeth whitened.

Can anyone advise on anything they used or visited? Did it work and how expensive?

Thanks
I got zoom in house and home kit done in dentist in balbriggan paid €250 that included a clean, scale and polish. In house treatment very painful I only lasted 30 mins out of 60 mins! So I topped up using home kit. Results are amazing. I can buy a year supply of peroxide from dentist for 50€! I am absolutely delighted with results anytime I want to brighten my teeth I pop in the home kit overnight! I have tried crest strips in the past but didn't notice any difference! As for sensitivity when you are getting it done it feels sensitive but I don't have any after effects! Balbriggan dentist were cheapest when I got it done!
Thanks from:
11-02-2012, 11:17   #5
fluffybunny124

Thanks a mill for all the replies guys,

Much appreciated, I have heard a few people advising to be careful of the laser whitening, that it can be very painful & leave teeth sensitive.

My friend got the gumshield off the dentist a few years ago,but she paid €500 nearly! She said it was brill tho- that ya needed to nearly wear sunglasses to look at her teeth, but she said when she uses the gel now- it just brightens them slightly.

I have never heard of the Whizzer whitening strips, where can they be bought ?

The zoom sounds great too, I don't suffer from sensitive teeth so hopefully this wont be an issue for me.

May just try the @ home ones first and then maybe the zoom.

I see offers on Groupon every now and then, but they can hardly be good can they ??
Advertisement
11-02-2012, 19:49   #6
Pretty Polly

I use the Crest Whitening Stripes and i find them very effective. I would definitely recommend them.
11-02-2012, 19:50   #7
bluewolf
being awesome

i use the white smiles offers on groupon, i've been twice. i got sensitive teeth and some pains for 24 hours, after that my teeth have been perfectly fine since
very white
crest whitestrips arent bad
12-02-2012, 20:19   #8
Posy
Warm and cosy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Polly View Post
I use the Crest Whitening Stripes and i find them very effective. I would definitely recommend them.
Where can you buy them? I've never seen them anywhere I've looked for whitening products.
12-02-2012, 21:01   #9
Millem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posy View Post
Quote:
Where can you buy them? I've never seen them anywhere I've looked for whitening products.
I bought crest white stripes off eBay about 3 years ago to be honest I wouldn't waste my money on any of them! I think I paid €30 for a month but i only did it for about 3 days ! I found them very awkward and fiddley. If you don't want to get in house whitening with dentist get the home kit from them, the mouth guards are a mould of your mouth so fit exactly and you get a two years supply of peroxide. I think it only costs €100 in balbriggan dental care. If at any stage you want more it is only €50 for a years supply. In my opinion better value for money. At the end of the day it all depends on the results you want anyone I know who has had zoom their teeth are soooo white but look natural. My teeth were white enough anyway but
the dentist told Me they are at the whitest natural shade! I live in south Dublin but made the trek to balbriggan as it was the cheapest price that I got quoted for zoom
Advertisement
12-02-2012, 22:31   #10
Dark Phoenix

I agree with pretty polly - crest strips are brill! I buy them off eBay i got a seven strip set of stain shield for less than a tenner. Do they work? Well a friend was convinced I'd had them whitened! You only leave the ones I have on five mins so they are not fiddly at all I just put them on when I'm doing my make up and take them off after
12-02-2012, 22:51   #11
Pretty Polly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millem View Post
I bought crest white stripes off eBay about 3 years ago to be honest I wouldn't waste my money on any of them! I think I paid €30 for a month but i only did it for about 3 days ! I found them very awkward and fiddley. If you don't want to get in house whitening with dentist get the home kit from them, the mouth guards are a mould of your mouth so fit exactly and you get a two years supply of peroxide. I think it only costs €100 in balbriggan dental care. If at any stage you want more it is only €50 for a years supply. In my opinion better value for money. At the end of the day it all depends on the results you want anyone I know who has had zoom their teeth are soooo white but look natural. My teeth were white enough anyway but
the dentist told Me they are at the whitest natural shade! I live in south Dublin but made the trek to balbriggan as it was the cheapest price that I got quoted for zoom
You should have used the crest strips for more than 3 days to see results. It took me 2/3 uses to get used to applying the strips but now i can probably do it with my eyes closed!

Posy: Ebay is the cheapest place to get them but there are also some websites that sell them online such as tanzone.ie and valueventure.ie. Let us know how you get on
12-02-2012, 23:25   #12
mysteries1984

I've heard that you can't get those Crest white strips in Ireland anywhere, as the active ingredient doesn't comply with health and safety or whatever it's called. No idea if that's true or not. I have heard they're by far the best ones to get though.
13-02-2012, 00:16   #13
Millem

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millem View Post
You should have used the crest strips for more than 3 days to see results. It took me 2/3 uses to get used to applying the strips but now i can probably do it with my eyes closed!

Posy: Ebay is the cheapest place to get them but there are also some websites that sell them online such as tanzone.ie and valueventure.ie. Let us know how you get on
Didn't want to do them anymore as I found them uncomfortable and they made me gag!
14-02-2012, 21:37   #14
ucd.1985

Hi sorry only catching up on this now.

Whizzer are available in most pharmacies like McCabes, Unicare, Health Express.

I think the only place I haven't seen them is boots.

They work the exact same and the Crest strips but as previous posters have said, the peroxide levels are too high for them to be sold legally in the EU so that's why people have to go through the o
Lis of eBay to get them.
14-02-2012, 21:49   #15
fluffybunny124

Thanks again for all the replies.

Will look into them all and do my research as soon as I get my braces off.

Those zoom sound brill, hope i can source someone in the South East that can do it.

Thanks again

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion