Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-02-2012, 11:54   #1
glen25

Supervalu Breaks

Quick question.. Does anyone know if there is still one getaway break free on the Supervalu loyalty fob like they had years ago? It doesnt say on the app form or website. I want to book one of the 5 star breaks in Cork that are €300 for two nights. Or would anyone know of any similar 5 star hotel deals around? Cheers :-)
Advertisement
05-02-2012, 12:39   #2
Quackles

Send a message via Yahoo to Quackles Send a message via Skype™ to Quackles
Quote:
Originally Posted by glen25 View Post
Quick question.. Does anyone know if there is still one getaway break free on the Supervalu loyalty fob like they had years ago? It doesnt say on the app form or website. I want to book one of the 5 star breaks in Cork that are €300 for two nights. Or would anyone know of any similar 5 star hotel deals around? Cheers :-)
I signed up in December and got something like 400 free getaway break points, anyway.
Thanks from:
05-02-2012, 16:14   #3
Libby029

I never shop anymore in Super Valu, and yet i booked a weekend away using my super value fob and it was grand. I wreckon if you don't have enough points on your fob when you try to book it, it won't let you do it.
05-02-2012, 16:53   #4
pedantic.pat

Yes

I signed up last week and got the 400 getaway points free.

Last edited by pedantic.pat; 05-02-2012 at 16:56.
05-02-2012, 22:07   #5
kala85

Can u get free nights away with the supervalu breaks .
Advertisement
05-02-2012, 22:13   #6
glen25

Thanks for the info everyone..registered the fob earlier and gonna book hotel tomw ;-)
08-02-2012, 08:52   #7
dchris

I have amassed a massive amount of Supervalu points and decided to book one of their Getaway breaks! Turns out it costs exactly the same to book with the hotel directly as it does if I use 600 points ( I was booking 3 twin rooms) . I rang them and was told "it can happen, and they can't do anything about the hotels price".. Each instance which I checked I found this to be the same!

I also now have a sneaking suspicion that Supervalu could be charging commission to the hotels and here is why. If you book a room on Booking.com for example, they charge the hotel 15% .. Supervalu are basically doing the same as these online booking provider websites. I would imagine this is why we book via the Supervalu site and not direct with the hotel with a code , which you would imagine would be more cost affective. Supervalu seemed to have pumped a lot of money into this and in my opinion it is not as a special offer to reward loyalty of customers, but is basically it's exposing and recycling it's customer base to select hotel, and I would imagine this is done at a price to the hotels.
08-02-2012, 10:23   #8
kc66

I can't seen the value in these offers from SV. You can buy hotel breaks from pigsback, boardsdeals, etc, even from the hotel themselves at at least the same price. None of this crap of spending a fortune to collect points.
Thanks from:
08-02-2012, 10:31   #9
dchris

The only reason I was using Supervalu is because the other store nearby is Tesco despite SV being more expensive. Things like this really bother me about store, I will not be using Supervalu anymore for the weekly shop (or booze every 2 days )
Advertisement
21-02-2012, 20:41   #10
myrns

Really disappointed!

A family member asked me to book them a weekend away as they had built up a few thousand points on their SV account and were really looking forward to it except there is no "deal" - for any prices of the hotels available on the SV site, I checked them against the actual prices on the hotel websites themselves only to find that they are 50-70euros less per couple per night So no deal, no point (excuse the pun) in collecting these it seems, better to go direct to the hotel website and check the prices
21-02-2012, 21:42   #11
jluv

I've gone on alot of these breaks and yes theywere great value in the boom time but now the hotels themselves.Have gotten great deals through Ireland AM deals etc.Another thing is I sometimes travel with my parents who avail of the senior deals. Generally 3 nights B&B PLUS 3 evening meals for about €100 to €120. I call the hotel to say they need someone to travel with them(which in my case they do) and they allow me the same deal.Great value..
21-02-2012, 21:45   #12
byhookorbycrook

Ring the hotel and haggle, we always do and get as good and sometimes better deals.
21-02-2012, 21:50   #13
glen25

I'm just back from a SV 5 star break and I couldn't do any better than this deal. I contacted the hotel directly before booking and they couldn't match it. BTW Hayfield Manor in Cork is a savage hotel if anyone is thinking about booking a break soon.
22-02-2012, 01:14   #14
jayteecork
Banned

It doesn't matter how much points you have it just costs 400 which is annoying.
I have 1600 and I'd like to have a greater discounts the more points one has.
22-02-2012, 11:28   #15
buzz55

Does anyone know if Inchydoney Island lodge & spa is ever available on SuperValu breaks or Lidl breaks or any of the 'deals'?

I would absolutely love to go there, but can't afford to based on the hotels own website prices

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion