Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*Missing DCU Student* - Paul Bunbury

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Carri

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I assume hospitals have been checked? This is awful news :(

Did he often take walks near any parks in the area?

We checked the park yesterday.

Pretty throughly - bushes etc were searched by a minimum of 2 people..

There was 15+ of us so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

I thought I read somewhere that he left his phone in his room, but now I can't find it.
    Have you contacted the network provider ? Try and get to his voice mail maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

One of his friends is on my facebook feed and they think he got a bus into town but the tapes have been wiped?
    Apparently he doesnt have a passport, laser card or 3v card. Theres not a lot of places they think he would have to go and he has left his laptop at home (He's pretty much always online) and his phone is turned off.

I get the feeling he is not the type of student to go off to a party and wander off without any of his friends knowing about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

saa wrote: »
    One of his friends is on my facebook feed and they think he got a bus into town but the tapes have been wiped?
    Apparently he doesnt have a passport, laser card or 3v card. Theres not a lot of places they think he would have to go and he has left his laptop at home (He's pretty much always online) and his phone is turned off.

I get the feeling he is not the type of student to go off to a party and wander off without any of his friends knowing about it.

I'm surprised there's been no mention of the network operator getting the location of his phone, doesn't matter if it's on or off.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Have you contacted the police? Missing persons' reports can be filed without any minimum waiting period. Also try contacting Missing Persons (http://www.missingpersons.ie/).

Really hope he is found safe and sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

just found out about this last night, glad to see there is a thread here. thanks attol. hope he turns up well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

There was a missing persons report on Phantom Radio News at 3 o'clock giving the number of the Whitehall Garda Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't see him on www.missing.ws yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

I'm rooting for the guy !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I hope you guys get more answers tomorrow. I'm guessing he's due back for lectures this week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Exuberant

Really hope he is found safe and well, really horrible to hear about this. Hope his family are coping okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

give me a page to share on facebook. I will add it.

I would remember his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

gsxr1 wrote: »
    give me a page to share on facebook. I will add it.

I would remember his face.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-College-View-News/199783490089244

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Hi guys,

This came up on my facebook news-feed, looks like its a dedicated facebook site set up to find Paul.

The link is here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Paul-Bunbury/344019265618990?sk=wall&filter=1

Really hope hes found safe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

http://i.imgur.com/VlHPq.jpg

A link to the poster. No matter where in Ireland you are please put it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

it's lovely the way Boardies are all pooling together to try find this fella. <3 Boards! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

Dav (boards community manager) has sent out a tweet about him.

https://twitter.com/#!/boards_ie/status/166492660012556288

If you're on the twitters a retweet wouldn't go amiss, hope he's found alive and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dueaug

Don't normally post; just a lurker but hope to God Paul is found safe and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Feck.. just after copping on that Paul is Pygmalion here on Boards. I've always enjoyed his posts. Hopefully he turns up safe and well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

emzolita wrote: »
    it's lovely the way Boardies are all pooling together to try find this fella. <3 Boards! :)

Wouldn't it be a real positive thing for Boards to do to have these missing person alerts stickied at the top of the home page and remain there for a period of time? Having had experience in a search I know it is so important that as much info is gathered while the iron is hot in these cases. I don't think anybody would have an objection and it would be a very powerful aid to those involved in a search.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I hope this young chap is found safe and well. He actually looks a bit like myself when I was a college student. Maybe his friends have some ideas as to where he might have gone?

Has anyone taken a look at his last online posts or emails before his disappearance? They just might give a clue as to his intentions before he disappeared. People don't just vanish into thin air.

Anywho, I hope he's is found safe and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dmanx

JupiterKid wrote: »

Has anyone taken a look at his last online posts or emails before his disappearance? They just might give a clue as to his intentions before he disappeared. People don't just vanish into thin air.

Actually if people want to go missing they plan it for a few weeks and don't leave any trace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Its probably easier to keep all info in the same thread, so if anyone has any USEFUL info, please post it here in the DCU Forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056539301

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement