Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

31-01-2012, 23:26   #1
helimachoptor
Talk to Heli

(John) Madden NFL Game Forum Request

Hi guys, we have a fairly decent and regular thread on the fixtures, pre and post match analysis, game stats analysis and general smack talk for the Madden NFL game.
The current thread is heading towards 60 pages (of 40 posts per page) and we'll have 2 seasons left to go of Madden 12 (we've played 1)
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056371679

The Madden 11 thread with many less players and posters finished up at 54 pages.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055897826

We've pretty much surpassed the other big thread in the forum which has been going since the end of 2009
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055759462

The Madden 12 thread was created in August last year.

We use a League Manager site for some stuff because we can have different threads for different things, fixture set up, player trades re-starts etc. and that just isn't feasible on the AF forum, but we'd like to have this on Boards.

We are are a Boards league. Everyone who plays on our league is on boards though some post more than others. If you even have a brief scan of some of the posts you will see how passionate we all are about it so there is no fear it will become a ghost forum. I think having a sub-forum for Madden under the AF forum which get more players involved in both Madden and the league and this will in-turn lead new players to post and the existing players to post even more.

Last edited by g'em; 06-03-2012 at 09:23.
Advertisement
31-01-2012, 23:42   #2
Danger_dave1

+1

As one of the regular poster on the thread . Madden 12 has seen our membership into the league double, also some of the new members have added to thread giving it even a higher number of posts. we could enhance the community even further with a sub forum.

Now Santryred and Raoul run the league. So I'm not sure if the can be made moderators for a sub forum?
Thanks from:
31-01-2012, 23:54   #3
empacher

Raoul and Santry would be ideal, would also help us navigate away from the leaguemanager website. Also could help in establishing a PS3 league which should draw the same interest.
01-02-2012, 00:00   #4
helimachoptor
Talk to Heli

Agreed, we could see a fairly big boom in traffic if a PS3 league was also launched.
There has been quite a lot of interest but no one has started it yet, this may change if we have a Madden forum where someone can start a dedicated PS3 league.
01-02-2012, 00:02   #5
Pudsy33

I think this is fantastic idea. It is a very popular community, and it is continuing to grow. I've only been part of it a number of months, and we've had many join since then. Having all our resources and forums on boards would be a great help, and would certainly be popular. League manager is ok, but a Boards forum would be far superior.

+1

Last edited by Pudsy33; 01-02-2012 at 12:59.
Advertisement
01-02-2012, 00:02   #6
Stereomaniac

Send a message via MSN to Stereomaniac
I oppose.
01-02-2012, 00:23   #7
Danger_dave1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereomaniac View Post
I oppose.
Any reason for your opposition ?
01-02-2012, 00:39   #8
empacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger_dave1 View Post
Any reason for your opposition ?
I'd imagine just for the sake of it
01-02-2012, 04:46   #9
mikemac1

+1

This has grown every season and it will continue, we've already three or four new players for next season
Great success and great interaction between all the posters

I think a playstation league will launch too fairly soon, there are expressions of interest now and again

A sub-forum for fantasy football was approved last year, this is much the same so I can see no reason it would not be approved

Last edited by mikemac1; 01-02-2012 at 04:48.
Advertisement
01-02-2012, 04:56   #10
Stuck Cone

+1
01-02-2012, 05:02   #11
kmart6

Can't see the justification for a separate forum for Madden tbh!

Also, as it is a computer game it would have to be under the Games forum, don't see why it would need to be a sub forum of American Football! Not like FIFA and Pro Evo are sub forums of Soccer

Considering the Fantasy Premier League Forum was rejected, which would me much more popular, don't see how this could be approved!

As was suggested in that thread though a Fantasy Forum to cover all sports would be a better idea, I suggest people look at it here, add your support to that and there's more chance of success! Before someone pops off and say's Madden isn't the same as Fantasy Football, it is, it's not real, it's a game!
01-02-2012, 05:29   #12
empacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart6 View Post

Can't see the justification for a separate forum for Madden tbh!

Also, as it is a computer game it would have to be under the Games forum, don't see why it would need to be a sub forum of American Football! Not like FIFA and Pro Evo are sub forums of Soccer

Considering the Fantasy Premier League Forum was rejected, which would me much more popular, don't see how this could be approved!

As was suggested in that thread though a Fantasy Forum to cover all sports would be a better idea, I suggest people look at it here, add your support to that and there's more chance of success! Before someone pops off and say's Madden isn't the same as Fantasy Football, it is, it's not real, it's a game!
Its not the same as one is a game where you control the team (similar to fifa) the other is one where you create a tea of real life players and are awarded points based on there performance in real life, which you have know control of.

The reason its suggested for the American Football forum is thats where it would gather the most interest

Last edited by empacher; 01-02-2012 at 05:32.
01-02-2012, 05:46   #13
kmart6

And like I said FIFA is a game, therefore it's in the Games forum, not a sub of Soccer, Madden is a game so it should belong in the Games forum and considering Blackout Rugby isn't a sub of Rugby, Guitar Hero isn't a sub of Music, Racing Sims isn't a sub of Motorsport, Tactical Shooter isn't a sub of Shooting(do you see a pattern yet?)....I don't see what makes people think Madden is any different!!
01-02-2012, 08:35   #14
BigBadRob83

+1

Can see real benefit to it to help the Boards league grow amongst other things, has been great banter and great to get to know the lads through Boards and Madden.

As for the guys opposing, trying to see your point of view but you guys mainly seem to be opposing on pedantic grounds rather than any meaningful reason why this shouldn't happen. It's not going to hurt anyone, and will drive even more traffic through Boards and the AF thread rather than other websites.
01-02-2012, 09:31   #15
McG

+1.

as for reasons, it'll keep member on boards.ie rather than pushing us to the boards on myleaguemanager.com.
it doesn't really matter if it's a sub section of video games or American Football

Last edited by McG; 01-02-2012 at 10:32.
Forum Closed