Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Events listing development thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 round wheels

Some dates are wrong ,

Athy is in June not May

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Near had a heartattack!

Hell of the West is in June not July as per the listing. Having registered for Beast of the East I was wondering how I managed to enter the two toughest races back to back.

Not that I wouldn't be up to the challenge or anything....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭steph86

there is a 10km in Letterkenny on Sunday at 2.00pm- if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BMCTIMEMACHINE

That List is great , Anybody know if there is a similer list for Cycle racing about the place . Cycle Ireland is usless

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

That List is great , Anybody know if there is a similer list for Cycle racing about the place . Cycle Ireland is usless

Irish cycling have a good list, not complete but it's good. http://www.irishcycling.com/events/calendar/whats-on.php

Be good to have one listing races/sportives/charity cycles to have a good comprehensive list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Lough Cutra Castle Triathlon

Can you add in another triathlon please?

Sunday 3 June
    Lough Cutra Castle Triathlon
    Gort, Co. Galway
    Olympic, Mid Distance, Sprint, Junior and Children (8+)
    Relay and family entries.
    http://www.castletriathlonseries.co.uk/en/lough-cutra-race/

thanks

Liam Ball has moved dates? On the website its the 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gpcummins

August 25th 2012 - Escape from Spike Island Triathlon in Cobh, Co.Cork

http://www.corktriathlon.com/entry/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mallon

sounds good class place any history?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fintonio

Hi all,

I did the sneem triathlon yest(cycle only). My team did not receive our time by text. We would love to know our times as we put in a good effort. I have tried every website I can. The sneem tri website is a relic from another era. I rang the guy from redtag timing and they didnt do it. Others got their text with results from 'race tec'. They dont seem to have an irish website. Its not on tri ireland website.

If you can help it would be great thx!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Bizgno

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

3-rock-tri-aquathon-2012.jpg

Date: Wednesday 25th July
    Time: 7:30pm

750m Swim -> 5km Run

More details on 3 Rock Tri Web Site
    Race Entry here

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ballyheigue

Date: Saturday 1st September
    Relays welcome, we will even help put teams together.
    Full details, regsitration and FAQs at www.kerryheadtriathlon.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Date: Sunday 7th October
    Details: 10km Mountain Run upand down Little sugar Loaf with various obstacles thrown in on top!

I did the first two of these events so far and they were pretty good. Tough enough hill run but the obstacles managed to throw an even tougher challenge on top, especially that river crossing in icy cold water...:eek:

Mods: Can you add to the calendar of events above please??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Unstickied to start development of a 2013 event list.

Feel free to start a list here. Fire up confirmed date, event name, link etc... even a 2 liner description if you have done it before.

Us Mods will keep an eye on any messing, plugging etc...

I will consolidate the bones of the 2013 content into one stickied clean post once we have a comprehensive list. Feel free to include any event type as this is a multi sport forum :)

3 Rock Tri Club (http://www.3rocktriclub.com/)

National Championship Duathlon
    6th April
    Ashford, Co Wicklow

10km Run - 40km Cycle - 5km Run

More details to follow...

MCOS, do you want to start it off as a table or even a Google doc? Make life easier storting and organising down the road?

MCOS, do you want to start it off as a table or even a Google doc? Make life easier storting and organising down the road?

I was wondering about it as a google calendar. Zuppy makes one up for races in cork/ultras/adventure races.

To he honest though, I think the thread is great and is much quicker to search through(v. calendar anyway) when you're looking for events over a specific period.

Ultimately as RQ said, the sticky is the quickest reference point for the majority who don't bookmark things. No harm in having a google doc also which would be easier to manage. I'd just copy it all and plonk a thread at the top of the page.

A table is too messy for a post like a calendar. I'd just compile a list similar to the OP of this thread. Its easy to do, just time consuming as there are a hell of a lot of races! Example format

June

29 Hell of the west - Kilkee - Kilkee, Co. Clare - National Series Olympic Tri [Reg TBC]
    22 Gaelforce North - Glenveigh, Co Donegal - National Series Adventure Race [Reg Open]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

is tri the hook in wexford not on next year. i was aiming for that as my first triathlon.it was normally on in early august

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

is tri the hook in wexford not on next year. i was aiming for that as my first triathlon.it was normally on in early august

I'm not sure all the events are up yet. NS and NC were the first and entries for them had to be in early to TI.

Yeah, some races haven't decided on dates yet. Tri the hook relies on tides so races like that are more likely to wait to see what the rest of the calendar is like before deciding on a date.

keith123 wrote: »
    3 Rock Tri Club (http://www.3rocktriclub.com/)

National Championship Duathlon
    6th April
    Ashford, Co Wicklow

10km Run - 40km Cycle - 5km Run

More details to follow...

Hey Ray, can you fix the date from the 7th to the 6th on your list?
    Also, the URL isn't working if you could fix that'd be great.

Maybe you can add in this pic somehow :)
    image.jpg

keith123 wrote: »
    Hey Ray, can you fix the date from the 7th to the 6th on your list?
    Also, the URL isn't working if you could fix that'd be great.

Im half way through compiling a race list for 2013. I've added this event. Ill post the calendar as soon as real life work isn't getting in the way of these important things!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Im half way through compiling a race list for 2013. I've added this event. Ill post the calendar as soon as real life work isn't getting in the way of these important things!

On this list I'm presuming its being checked twice? To see who is naughty and nice? I believe the naughty list is expanding in and around North Dublin next year.

tunney wrote: »
    On this list I'm presuming its being checked twice? To see who is naughty and nice? I believe the naughty list is expanding in and around North Dublin next year.
    Actually Ill just list everything. No harm in a calendar. A certain taboo does not equal a vendetta. Too much of a headache to keep up with everything. The event links will link to the event site.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭emcor

Could you add www.triburgh.ie sprint & standard on Sat 1st June please.
    Louisburgh, Co. Mayo

Will do. I'll post new event thread stickie tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 39 shayr

ATC Narraghmore Duathlon Series 2015
    Athy Triathlon Club with Narraghmore Community Development Group are hosting the above with race dates in February, March & April 2015
    More info available on Athy Trri Club website or via their FB page.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Advertisement