Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-01-2012, 17:00   #76
pissed

Well I sent them an email about the age restriction and heres the reply I got

Quote:
Hi Pissed,

Firstly thanks for getting in touch and in answer to your question it's not the 1st April. Although that did make me laugh.

48 is a new type of network specifically designed for the 48 months of your life between 18 and 22. It's good to hear you like the sound of the offer but like the site says we are aimed at the younger generation.

Put it this way Pissed have you ever tried to get into a bar when you were 16-17? What did you do? Think about it !!

If you know anyone in that age group here is the link to order a free SIM https://48months.ie/orders/freesim.

Have you checked out our helpful FAQ section here: http://help.48months.ie/categories/2...ular-questions

If you’re feeling more adventurous, you can discuss issues with other 48er’s here: http://help.48months.ie/home - all in all, you should have more than enough ways to get any information you need.

Alternatively you can contact us here at “Area 48” as we're always more than happy to help.

Go conquer,
Damian @ the 48 care crew
MMMM what did I do for a drink when I was 16 or 17
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
27-01-2012, 17:40   #77
Random
Closed Account

this whole thing just seems bizzare.
27-01-2012, 17:42   #78
Blikes

Confirmation from o2 on phone and email is enough for me!

Serious offer!
Thanks from:
27-01-2012, 18:07   #79
Sponge Bob
Banned

Ok , the site has improved a lot over the course of the day although it is still illegal as there is no Customer Code of Practice ....ie for handling complaints...or contact details.

But I would not worry, as I did earlier, that one should not hand over personal or credit card details to these people.

Course the other questions arising are why O2 continue to rip off Teenagers and persons aged 23 and upwards with crap bundles and seemingly do not allow NUMBER PORTING out of this sub brand of theirs...but they can wait till the skinny chicks photos at the launch appear in the Herald on monday
27-01-2012, 18:08   #80
massy086

Thanks. We got your order for a 48 sim card. We'll let you know as soon as it's in the post. If you need to unlock your phone, now's the time to do it. There's a clever unlock guide here, take a look around. Or you can always visit your friendly phone unlocking shop; you know the kind.

Meanwhile, the crew are running a background check on you, to ensure you're proper 48 material. Won't be long.

Just kidding. (Or are we?)

Go Conquer.

48 crew

hmm wonder if they do check lol
Advertisement
27-01-2012, 18:46   #81
JTMan

Very interesting thread.

My two cents ...

It seems that there is no age restriction, they just aim at that age group and try and dis-encourage those outside that group to apply.

I am taking my tin hat off. It is almost certainly genuine. There are too many people saying it is legit and the website is too complex for a scam.

This seems to be a move by O2 to counter act the threat from other new MVNO's and the threat from 3. More likely, this is O2 trying to kill Meteor and Meteor's core market.

Their proposed internet time offer is beyond a joke in this day and age where data is key.

Their Twitter page is now live here: https://twitter.com/#!/48GoConquer

Can you port in to 48? Can you port out from 48? Is this documented anywhere?

Last edited by JTMan; 27-01-2012 at 19:42.
Thanks from:
27-01-2012, 19:09   #82
AlmightyCushion

It's a good deal but there are two big negatives. 1. The data, right now the price is good but that hourly system looks sounds awful. 2. Being associated with the company 48. They're pretty cringey. Like that auld fella at the party that's trying to act young and cool that everyone is laughing at. Unfortunately, that guy is your dad. I don't think I could like with the shame of having my phone service with them.
27-01-2012, 20:09   #83
Grindylow
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyCushion View Post
It's a good deal but there are two big negatives. 1. The data, right now the price is good but that hourly system looks sounds awful. 2. Being associated with the company 48. They're pretty cringey. Like that auld fella at the party that's trying to act young and cool that everyone is laughing at. Unfortunately, that guy is your dad. I don't think I could like with the shame of having my phone service with them.
No student will be shamed by it! Certainly not me..
Thanks from:
27-01-2012, 20:24   #84
djrichard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyCushion View Post
Are you in the habit of telling everyone you meet which mobile network you are with? I couldnt care less about their tongue in cheek attitude, thats all just part of the marketing strategy. There have been several companies who have tried this style of marketing.

I could certainly live with getting 3000 any network anytime minutes for 10euros! Its useless for data right enough, so if you use your smartphone online a lot, it might not be the service for you.
Advertisement
27-01-2012, 20:28   #85
jayteecork
Banned

this offer and the whole thread is downright weird.
(2) thanks from:
27-01-2012, 21:15   #86
Kristopherus

To me it seem like an edited version of the Giffgaff network in UK, www.giffgaff.com. The are also part of Telefonica and have some downright good deals.

Edit: Having read their T & Cs and browsed their offer pages, they are very much based on the Giffgaff model. If they threw the offer to a wider audience I reckon people would flock to them. Its a no brainer.

Last edited by Kristopherus; 27-01-2012 at 21:33.
27-01-2012, 21:32   #87
face1990

Anyone thinking of signing up, just keep in mind that these kind of companies can go out of business very quickly, leaving you high and dry.

Just Mobile were the most recent I know of. They lost about €10,000 a day for the 10 months they were around, and had to give customers a few days notice that the service was shutting down.
It's a tough market for a new company to get into (even if they're owned by a bigger company).
Thanks from:
27-01-2012, 21:52   #88
drunkmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristopherus View Post
If they threw the offer to a wider audience I reckon people would flock to them. Its a no brainer.
Could you put a figure on the amount of money Meteor & 3 have spent trying to get customers to flock from the incumbents o2 & Vodafone. Ireland is too small for a lot of these new Mvno's to break into and especially all at once, this makes 3 mvno's on the way in the next couple of weeks, there all going to lose unless they've an iphone or a very suitable plan for one.
27-01-2012, 21:53   #89
pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by face1990 View Post
Anyone thinking of signing up, just keep in mind that these kind of companies can go out of business very quickly, leaving you high and dry.

Just Mobile were the most recent I know of. They lost about €10,000 a day for the 10 months they were around, and had to give customers a few days notice that the service was shutting down.
It's a tough market for a new company to get into (even if they're owned by a bigger company).
Whats the worst your going to be stung for though? €10

If they turn a blind eye to the age restriction I will give it a go for sure. Pity though as I have just signed up to the Meteor deal.
27-01-2012, 22:24   #90
ShaunC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Logins View Post
On the internet I am 21.
Me too, and so is my girlfriend
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image