Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DFB panel scrapped

Options
  • 24-01-2012 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Apparently the recruit panel for DFB whose be waiting online for 5 years has been scrapped. well done enda kenny and DCC, another total cock up on your behalf

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

in fairness hardly a suprise as most panels only last 2-3 years at most anyways, unlucky for those on the panel though

G87 wrote: »
    Apparently the recruit panel for DFB whose be waiting online for 5 years has been scrapped. well done enda kenny and DCC, another total cock up on your behalf

Infacta, I think you are blaming the wrong people there.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 G87

foreign wrote: »

Infacta, I think you are blaming the wrong people there.
    Who is to blame?

Who is to blame?

FG inherited the current problem from the last government. They are the ones forced to make the cuts.

Who is to blame?

FG inherited the current problem from the last government. They are the ones forced to make the cuts.
    Suppose your right but dont know how the DFB is gonna cope after the next wave of retirements in feb. we'll see...

• Advertisement

Suppose your right but dont know how the DFB is gonna cope after the next wave of retirements in feb. we'll see...

They'll probably make a case for new recruits when needed. Or transfer personnel from admin somewhere in the DFB. Or they can take the refuse collection lads needing new posts since Greyhound took over bin collections! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

OP, are you on the panel?

anyone here to verify this?

its big big news if true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

If you weren't a Garda I'd say you were a FG party member, because that answer is total rubbish. They are in Govt (almost) a year now and have done exactly what any of our hopeless political parties would have done. They are the ones who are making cuts to frontline services. In fairness, the Fianna Failers can't be blamed for FG's total lack of direction in the last year.

My thoughts go out to those on the DFB panel that was scrapped; chin up and never give up!

eroo wrote: »
    If you weren't a Garda I'd say you were a FG party member, because that answer is total rubbish. They are in Govt (almost) a year now and have done exactly what any of our hopeless political parties would have done. They are the ones who are making cuts to frontline services. In fairness, the Fianna Failers can't be blamed for FG's total lack of direction in the last year.

Without getting into a deep political argument do you think anything would be different if any other party was in power?

Without getting into a deep political argument do you think anything would be different if any other party was in power?

Not a hope!

But this Govt is in a year or so, and is ultimately responsible for these cuts.

• Advertisement

Not a hope!

Their name is one them alright. But we just have to hope things go well. Look at the bond swap today. More we behave the more people will like us. A year of reorganisation and hopefully recruit in all areas again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Not a hope!

Not true. The IMF deal was agreed by the FF Government. It left no opt out for future governments. The current problem started when Biffo etc agreed to the bank guarantee, not knowing the full financial picture(the banks lied).

feck FF and FG

can anyone verify if the panel was indeed scrapped?

its apparently striaght from HR.

http://irishfireservices.ie/forum

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

That's ridiculous.
    IIRC they said they would not scrap the emergency services panels, even though the were approaching the decided expiration date on account of the moratorium.

Not true. The IMF deal was agreed by the FF Government. It left no opt out for future governments. The current problem started when Biffo etc agreed to the bank guarantee, not knowing the full financial picture(the banks lied).

If FF Govt had collapsed prior to IMF bailout, and FG/Lab had been elected in, everything would have been the same re: the bailout terms and conditions. Don't forget they voted in favour of financing the banks. Yes Biffo's boys are to blame alongside bankers, developers, every Joe Soap who bought 3 houses with 40 year mortgages and 2 cars(as Kenny highlighted last week) ... but what's done is done. My point is that FG are doing exactly the same as any other politcal party in this country.. but they are the ones choosing to cut frontline services. This BS that FG inherited the problem isn't a valid argument anymore. It's been almost a year and they've realised since going into Govt that 99% of their election promises cannot, and will not, be kept. I thought cushy numbers and jobs for the boys was gone once FF were out, but look at FG appointing advisors to JUNIOR ministers. Different political party, same process.

Off topic so my apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Letters received by those who were on panel today confirming it was scrapped.

I think we (DFB) are in a bad way. Losing Senior Fire Officers, problem after problem with vehicles and equipment, control room for civilianisation and so much more.

Having no panel in place is amazing considering all the retirements. There were 4 retirements on my watch from 1 station alone in the past week !!

Recruit training takes 6 months but we have no panel. We demolished a lot of our BA facility, some stations are in a bad way and there is so much more.

Concerned as to where we are going.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭ratracer

I don't think the problems are only with DFB. The rest of the country's ES all seem to be in a sh1t state too, and the biggest problem is that there doesn't seem to be any will or ability to correct it. Whilst financial cutbacks are always a factor, IMO there are plenty of alternatives to improve the ways in which we work, the problem is a) management don't want to here from the 'riff-raff', and b) a lot of personnel don't want anything to change, 'cos thats the way it always was'. I'm quite dissillusioned with the job at the moment, and for some on the panel, although it may have seemed like a dream job, unfortunately that's not the case anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭flix1

Yes..it is scrapped....I contacted HR in DFB directly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

flix1 wrote: »
    Yes..it is scrapped....I contacted HR in DFB directly
    Has anybody contacted their local TD?

• Advertisement

when was the panel formed?

how may were on it?

how many were taken off it?

sad day for the lads on it, lots of dreams gone down the pipe there. they have my fullest sympathy

was formed in 2007
    200 on panel, about 80 used.

Advertisement