Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Tournament

Options
  • 17-01-2012 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

We will be holding a Team Competition in our gym on the Belgard Road on the 19th of february.

Here is a google link to our gym
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?georestrict=input_srcid:9c2df42b8997c1c2&hl=en

The weight Categories will be under 65,75,85,95 and open

Each team will have one person per weight category.

Gyms can put forward more than one team and would recommend people who do not have enough to make more than 1 team to show up as we will try make up teams on the day.

Rules for the competition will be IBJJF so we will be doing a points system. With this in mind we will be looking for people who know the points system to volunteer and ref matches or people who have completed the referee course.

Weigh ins will be from 10 till 11 and if you miss weight unfortunately your team will be DQ'd.

Entry fee will be 20 euro per person.

It will be a single elimination style tournament.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Advanced and Inter teams or just a team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Will there be a cash prize for the victorious team? Especially considering the entry fee is e100 per team.

Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

No Gi/Submission Wrestling is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DavidPhelan

Any info on how teams sign up and as asked above, what are the details regarding beginners/inter/advanced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

What kind of competition?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Tallaght Martial Arts Academy

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Advanced and Inter teams or just a team.

just a team wouldnt be enough guys at weight categories to do advanced and inter

Killme00 wrote: »
    Will there be a cash prize for the victorious team? Especially considering the entry fee is e100 per team.

Tks

if enough teams enter than why not ???

Richy06 wrote: »
    No Gi/Submission Wrestling is it?

no gi jiu jitsu... want to do points as well as sub

Any info on how teams sign up and as asked above, what are the details regarding beginners/inter/advanced?

post team names, people, and weight on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

if enough teams enter than why not ???

Sorry, I'm not trying to be smart. It's your competition, you are running it. What are the prizes?

Also, an advanced team could go agianst a beginner team. Is that correct?

• Advertisement

Killme00 wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm not trying to be smart. It's your competition, you are running it. What are the prizes?

Also, an advanced team could go agianst a beginner team. Is that correct?

firstly yes and advanced team could go up against a beginner team.. as team tournaments have been done in the past you would not have enough guys at the experience levels and weight categories to fill a team with just advanced and beginner...

the prizes will be first place money back 2nd and third medals... just remember if you're not first you're last :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

we'll be there, with i imagine 2 teams :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭slammer187

Will it be pre-register and pre-pay so we'll find out when out divisions are on before hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

is it a single elimination? if your team looses over half of its fights are your out?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RJJIreland

Should have minimum two teams for this.

I'm happy to referee as well.

Darragh

r_obric wrote: »
    is it a single elimination? if your team looses over half of its fights are your out?

yes it is single elimination if your team loses 3 matches then they are out

also if anyone would be willing to help referee on the day please let me know

Thanks Daniel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

r_obric wrote: »

yes it is single elimination if your team loses 3 matches then they are out

So what's to prevent....., you could go with a team of beginners, loose 3 fights to experienced grapplers of higher belts, the rest of the team doesn't get any fight and you go home 20 quid lighter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

So what's to prevent....., you could go with a team of beginners, loose 3 fights to experienced grapplers of higher belts, the rest of the team doesn't get any fight and you go home 20 quid lighter?

I'd say all 5 team members would fight regardless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

1 definite and possibly 2 teams from Kyuzo

• Advertisement

sorry i explained myself wrong... all 5 fighters will get a match, regardless of if one team wins 3 straight matches... i meant it more as if your team loses then you dont get any more matches, thats to differentiate from our sub wrestling matches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Will the rules be as per the ibjjf blue/purple belts? i.e no toeholds/kneebars..

I imagine the brown belts (if any) will be far outnumbered by blue belts and purple belts.

Cheers

Chris89 wrote: »
    Will the rules be as per the ibjjf blue/purple belts? i.e no toeholds/kneebars..

I imagine the brown belts (if any) will be far outnumbered by blue belts and purple belts.

Cheers

sorry for the late reply... i think in the interest of safety we will go with no toe hold or knee bars

not long left till this comp so get your teams ready and bring people to try help make teams on the day if possible

also still looking for people to help referee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Also anyone that needs an under 85kg member? Haven't been able to get a team together:(

Advertisement