Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭batistuta9

greendom wrote: »
    l'Equipe is reporting that Arsene wants Sessegnon but Sunderland want €17 million for him,

the daily mail & a few other's are saying wenger wants vorm to give competition to szczesny. With almunia leaving on a free as his contracts up & fabianski looking to move for first team football - either on loan or permanent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Bendy boots won't be bought by Sunderland, think he might br around next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Anyone know what the story is with Lucas Biglia claiming that Arsenal & Real Madrid have both been in touch with his agent ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Andip wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with Lucas Biglia claiming that Arsenal & Real Madrid have both been in touch with his agent ?

There has been a Enquiry made about his availability and about him maybe having a 10mill buy-out clause. ( But I wouldn't look to much into the buy-out clause. )

The main problem is that he's been scouted at Real Madrid........

biglia's a DM as well though going by the majority of info about him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

batistuta9 wrote: »
    biglia's a DM as well though going by the majority of info about him

Next season:

Szch
    Sagna - Verm-Kos-Gibbs

Coq - Song - M'Vila - Biglia - Frimpong

RVP

That should solve the defensive worries.

A 5 man 5-DM/Holding midfielder line up must surely be a world first.

Alot of talk that arsenal not interested in mvila
    Don't believe it for a second think it will go through next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I read that we will have 2 new signings confirmed by Monday on account that they depend on us guaranteeing Champions League football next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Lot of sources on Twitter saying the M'Vila deal was just speculation really.

keano_afc wrote: »

If ya read through it though the reiable ones say this is just arsenal been arsenal and the deal will go through next week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Classic Twitter. Can't believe anything unless the club confirm these days, especially Arsenal.

This time next week we should have a better idea how ambitious the club is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Stats are pretty poor. Walcott's got about as many assists this season as he has in his whole career.

He's around a year younger than Walcott; only played twice at underage level for France; never heard of him; no one else linked with him.

Pass.

Stats are misleading, he was playing as a DM for the first two seasons so this season was he's first full campaign in an attacking role, and he has scored 13 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

Stats are pretty poor. Walcott's got about as many assists this season as he has in his whole career.

He's around a year younger than Walcott; only played twice at underage level for France; never heard of him; no one else linked with him.

Pass.

As the lads said already in this thread; forgive me if I set more store with the opinion of Arsene Wenger ;)

Who would the 3rd player be if we're announcing 2 more on Monday? :eek:

Can't credit the Vorm link either, wouldn't make any sense.

cson wrote: »
    As the lads said already in this thread; forgive me if I set more store with the opinion of Arsene Wenger ;)

Who would the 3rd player be if we're announcing 2 more on Monday? :eek:

Can't credit the Vorm link either, wouldn't make any sense.

Podolski in.

Grant Holt Monday

Scott Dann Monday

RVP out Tuesday

4th place for Champions League not good enough when Chelsea win on 19th.

I commit self-harm on 20th.

Didn't he say he would never play for us again? With an attitude like that I can't see him playing for us again.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Didn't he say he would never play for us again? With an attitude like that I can't see him playing for us again.

Perhaps a season on glamorous Wearside has focused his mind a little bit.

I'm sure he thought he'd be fighting off the Champions League clubs.

Instead it was..er.... Sunderland.

He is gonna be hard to get rid of too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Remember how hard it was to find someone to take him on loan?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

meriwether wrote: »

I'm sure he thought he'd be fighting off the Champions League clubs.

Instead it was..er.... Sunderland.

Knowing Bendy Boots he's probably convinved he got Sunderland 44 of there 45 points and Barcelona are tracking him

meriwether wrote: »

I think this might be a reason to keep him. I'd like to keep him for another season and see how it turns out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Me personally id never take bendy boots back, was never a fan of his ego or of him as a player on the pitch. Good riddance id say.

Now I know he did score some vital goals for us at times, but he was a player anytime i saw coming on my head was in my hands thinking no not this tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is Bendtner's ego real or one of the biggest myths in football at the minute? Anytime he is mentioned it's always the next thing said!

I think I remember an interview with him on Football Focus or something and he said he was very badly misquoted as saying something along the lines of "I'm as good as Pele/Maradona/Messi/etc" and that's where this all started

....He is guff though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

He's Zlatan with a quarter of the talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Looks like the Dennis the Menace jersey may actually be a reality, looks pretty official in this picture anyway. Dont understand the colour scheme with this jersey, would be more suitable as a third kit.

AsdEK3yCIAE_-RA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Looks like the Dennis the Menace jersey may actually be a reality, looks pretty official in this picture anyway. Dont understand the colour scheme with this jersey, would be more suitable as a third kit.

AsdEK3yCIAE_-RA.jpg

Looks stunning IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Andre80Johnson

No woman is worth the effort..

Heres a nice video, of Serge Gnarby been hearing a lot about him there seem to be a lot of high hopes for him at the club

On there new away jersey I like it I must admit, nice than the home one for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Heres a nice video, of Serge Gnarby been hearing a lot about him there seem to be a lot of high hopes for him at the club

On there new away jersey I like it I must admit, nice than the home one for me.

I've been watching him a lot recently and he looks beast.......

He's also meant to be one of the fastest in his age group.

AsdEK3yCIAE_-RA.jpg

With the hair do song will make a good gnasher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

I see from that vid that the walking it into the net thing starts at a young age anyway.

Has anyone read "Arsenal: The Making of a Modern Superclub"? Recommend it to any Arsenal Fans to have a read of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

seen this?

eboue.png

LOL

Good old ebway, pity he was so unpredictable on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Eboue has about 3 Twitter accounts, probably all fake.

that eboue tweet actually make arsenal sound bad too if you think about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

HazDanz wrote: »
    Has anyone read "Arsenal: The Making of a Modern Superclub"? Recommend it to any Arsenal Fans to have a read of it.

Yep, great book, a "must read" for any Arsenal fan in my opinion. Gives a good picture of the boardroom wranglings. It left me feeling a bit annoyed at the treatment of David Dein, the board screwed up big time by pushing him out.

HazDanz wrote: »

Yes it is a superb read for any Arsenal fan. So much interesting background information eg: how we tried to get Ronaldo but didn't have the cash and how Spurs had first option on Bergkamp but said no.

Loving the Dennis the Menace jersey. I'll definitely buy that as I don't really care for the home one. That said, I don't see the point in our away kit being half red!

edit: I do see the point and it's very cynical. They will no doubt have a yellow/blue/green 3rd jersey to wear at Old Trafford, Anfield etc.

Happy 42nd birthday Dennis Bergkamp always an Arsenal legend.

Bring him back Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Bring him back Wenger.

Can't do any worse than Park and Chamakh have this season :pac:

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Can't do any worse than Park and Chamakh have this season :pac:

Give me a shirt.

Yes it is a superb read for any Arsenal fan. So much interesting background information eg: how we tried to get Ronaldo but didn't have the cash and how Spurs had first option on Bergkamp but said no.

Loving the Dennis the Menace jersey. I'll definitely buy that as I don't really care for the home one. That said, I don't see the point in our away kit being half red!

edit: I do see the point and it's very cynical. They will no doubt have a yellow/blue/green 3rd jersey to wear at Old Trafford, Anfield etc.

Quality.

Thats up there with Blackburn saying 'Zidane? no need, we have Tim Sherwood'.

Spurs signed Chris Armstorng for the same sum at the same time as we signed Dennis.

Rofl.

Give me a shirt.

Can you not afford one? ;)

Eboue has about 3 Twitter accounts, probably all fake.

it wouldnt surprise me if eboue actually said that though. his done far more redicilous things then that mate.

Jonney, what you think of the new kits?

New kit is awsome. buying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Pat Rice leaving at the end of the season, Steve bould to replace him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

iMuse wrote: »

Should see a marked improvement in how Arsenal operate defensively. Weren't people calling for Bould to be involved in the 1st team setup after the 4-4 draw with Blackburn?

Dempsey wrote: »
    Should see a marked improvement in how Arsenal operate defensively. Weren't people calling for Bould to be involved in the 1st team setup after the 4-4 draw with Blackburn?

pat rice was defender, no one ever mentions this. it's just bring back adams, keown, bould etc. they'll sort the defence out, will they make much of a difference?

Dempsey wrote: »
    iMuse wrote: »

I guess you don't follow the u18s they ship as many stupid goals as the first team

That's not to take away from
    Bould think he is a great appointment, and bandied been promoted too is only a good thing

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement