Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath Spring Half Marathon March 4 2012

Options
  • 11-01-2012 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else is doing this?

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 33 votes

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    57%
    neilcfigsdowlinjrovers_runnergrahmmorgancalistrogriffin100beeduybeMike DThePiedPiper7mileliamo123marchinoQ7ac20loughierodriquezfiremouthYounganne 19 votes
    3 stars (average)
    42%
    tHE vAGGABONDPeckhamasimonovsideswipechinguettialitoastofthelordkit3madonshazkeatang1Podge83Zizigirlpaintitblack 14 votes
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

not bad for 20 quid.,will defo do this one

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

3 stars (average)
    I'd say its perfect for London preparation so i'd say i'll be giving it a lash. It clashes with Ballycotton so i might have to scrap that entry. Will miss Ballycotton but this half Mara will be without the hassle!!!!! - i wont miss that element.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

40+ entered already - it's this or the Kinvara - anyone got a course profile?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    anyone got a course profile?

I haven't heard of one being available but the terrain around Bohermeen does not contain any inclines of any significance. I imagine they will be using parts of their 5 mile course and if so the steepest inclines would be when crossing the M3.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dowlinj

4 stars (good)
    Yeah, fits in nicely with the Spring marathons. They seemed to have filled a niche nicely there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

4 stars (good)
    BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    anyone got a course profile?

A course profile seems to have been added to the Bohermeen AC website since yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Been looking for a half around this time to fit in with training, Meath is a bit of a trek from Cork though... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Looks great. Their 5 miler is a good race so I expect this to be well organised. 20 euro as well :), it's a steal. Doing a Spring marathon myself and was worried I wouldn't have a good half in the prep, previous years I was forced to head north of the border but this is much handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭farrelli

This will be my first half marathon, so looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

3 stars (average)
    Aiming for this at the moment myself, really looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Been looking for a half around this time to fit in with training, Meath is a bit of a trek from Cork though... :(
    If we could we'd be happy to move County Meath down your way!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

4 stars (good)
    Meath is worth the trek from Cork though... :(

:D

I'll definitely be doing this....only out the road...nice not having to travel too far for a race!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

3 stars (average)
    I'm going for this one too. Haven't signed up yet though. Good to have something near this early in the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Looks good. All going well ill be doing it as prep for a Spring marathon also. Handy and will be well run.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭corny

Looking forward to it as Marathon preparation. If i get there in one piece.:)

Is there a phased entry fee increase or is it €20 until closing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

3 stars (average)
    €20 the whole way i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭farrelli

Just a heads up, I emailed the organiser and he said they expect this event to fill quickly so get in early if your committed. They are considering restricting numbers to the first 1000 entries.

farrelli wrote: »
    Just a heads up, I emailed the organiser and he said they expect this event to fill quickly so get in early if your committed. They are considering restricting numbers to the first 1000 entries.

Only 951 places left, hurry, hurry ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Only 40 mins or so away from me. Signed up last week. 20e great price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭umpire bat

Tts about time a club put on a half marathon at a realistic price. Its also good to see people copping on to some of the pricier events.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Lex Luther

Signed up ! - should be a good fitness/progress test for Rotterdam in April...

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

umpire bat wrote: »
    Tts about time a club put on a half marathon at a realistic price. Its also good to see people copping on to some of the pricier events.

Steeped in Meath with all the 14 races in the Meath Running League, all great value, something for everyone and a great buzz about them too. No need to be doing privately run races.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

tang1 wrote: »
    €20 the whole way i think.

Not only that, but you can enter for 3 races (Half (March), 5K (June) and 5 Mile(September)) as a package for the princely sum of €50

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

4 stars (good)
    race entered...now to get training:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dingonerd

happygoose wrote: »
    Steeped in Meath with all the 14 races in the Meath Running League, all great value, something for everyone and a great buzz about them too. No need to be doing privately run races.

I'll 2nd that. Have run Dunboyne 4m, Bohermeen 5k and Dunshaughlin 10k for the last few years. Top class value for money, excellent organisation, good racing, tshirts, food after. Each for about €15 approx.
    And now a HM for €20..fair play to Bohermeen AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭7mile

4 stars (good)
    Have to say i've done a few races in Meath this past few years and found them very professionally run. Fair play to all concerned. Very reasonably priced as well. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

3 stars (average)
    Signed up for this today, great value at €20 for a half marathon. Going to run it as an LSR @9min/mile, my goal early season race is a week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

I'm in - should be perfect prep 6 weeks out from Rotterdam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dowlinj

4 stars (good)
    I'm in - should be perfect prep 6 weeks out from Rotterdam

Me too...on both counts :D

Advertisement