Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-01-2012, 06:57   #1
turbobaby
Banned

Another high risk stock pick: HRT Participacoes

Just wondering if anyone on boards is invested in HRT?

They are an onshore oil and gas explorer in Brazil, with offshore assets in Namibia.

Stock trading at just above cash value right now, with a market cap of approx $1 billion.

Listed in Canada and currently trading at $2.24.

The recent drop in shares is attributable to them finding gas but no oil. However, the blocks they drilled were a requirement of the Brazilian authorities.

They share a common story with Petroceltic.

2012 will be a massive year for them.

If anyone is interested in hearing more I can post more details.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-01-2012, 15:21   #2
Reillyman

Yeah give us some more details.
11-01-2012, 17:29   #3
rs500ff

As i a PCI holder im all ears.
11-01-2012, 19:42   #4
The Pontiac

52 week high of $10.19. What a battering. I know nothing about the company but will have a look..

Last edited by The Pontiac; 11-01-2012 at 20:25.
11-01-2012, 20:16   #5
cooperguy

Im all ears!
Advertisement
11-01-2012, 20:41   #6
The Pontiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobaby View Post
Stock trading at just above cash value right now, with a market cap of approx $1 billion.

Listed in Canada and currently trading at $2.24.

Am I looking at the correct stock? Market cap of $146m? http://www.stockhouse.com/financialt...m_symbol=V.HRP
11-01-2012, 21:47   #7
turbobaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Ollie> View Post
Am I looking at the correct stock? Market cap of $146m? http://www.stockhouse.com/financialt...m_symbol=V.HRP
It is primarily listed in Brazil under the ticker HRTP3. The Canadian stock follows the Brazilian one.

I will post more details tomorrow.

It has taken a hammering due to the same reasons PCI did.
11-01-2012, 21:53   #8
The Pontiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobaby View Post
It is primarily listed in Brazil under the ticker HRTP3. The Canadian stock follows the Brazilian one.

I will post more details tomorrow.

It has taken a hammering due to the same reasons PCI did.
Nice one. Will have a read tomorrow.
12-01-2012, 14:25   #9
scotchstocks

They have two drills turning right now. IMO at least one will hit oil and the SP will skyrocket!
Advertisement
04-02-2012, 10:17   #10
turbobaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuters
SAO PAULO, Feb 3 (Reuters) - Brazil's state-controlled oil company Petrobras said on Friday it had struck good-quality light oil in the Solimoes Basin, in the state of Amazonas.

The company said in a market filing that the find had the capacity to produce 1,400 barrels of light weight, 41-degree API oil a day, as well as 45,000 cubic meters of natural gas. The well is onshore.

Petrobras is a 100 percent stakeholder in the SOL-T-17 concession block, in which the find occurred. It said if it confirmed commercial viability of the discovery, it would create a new oil and gas production center in the Solimoes Basin.

The company now produces 53,000 barrels of oil, 11 million cubic meters of natural gas and 1,300 tonnes of liquid petroleum gas a day in the state of Amazonas.

Lesser known than the massive subsalt deposits off the southeastern coast of Brazil, the onshore Solimoes Basin has turned up attractive new finds.

Discoveries in the basin have been behind the rise of local onshore exploration start-up HRT in Brazil, a rarity where Petrobras still dominates the oil industry.

HRT agreed in October to sell a 45 percent stake in 21 Amazon oil blocks to Anglo-Russian TNK-BP for $1 billion.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8D3GJB20120203

Light oil found next door. Wonderful!

Oil and Gas production centre will likely be built.
10-02-2012, 19:34   #11
TJ Mackie

HRP has hit 3.00 - some lovely movement on it this evening. Closed at 2.90 yesterday.

Last edited by TJ Mackie; 10-02-2012 at 19:37.
11-02-2012, 10:05   #12
ixus

Turbobaby, I've deleted a few of your recent posts as I've been led to believe they are direclty copyrighted from a financial report.

Please don't copy and paste from a report that requires payment.

By all accounts, supply the link and give a run down in your own words. But, with the SOPA and Irish version of it, these things have to be treated pretty strictly.

Thanks,

Ixus.
11-02-2012, 10:29   #13
turbobaby
Banned

Hi Ixus,

Yes, one post above had text from Byron King at Outstanding Investments. I noted that in my message but I understand why you would take it down.

However, this morning's message and every other one was all mine. I take it as a compliment that you think the post was taken from another site but I can assure you it was not. The fact that I used the term 'us' when speaking about the company may have led you in that direction. I am a shareholder so I consider myself part of the company.

Please re-submit this morning's message as it provides a very good summary of events this week.
11-02-2012, 12:03   #14
turbobaby
Banned

Rewritten:

Indeed Mackie, this week we broke through some strong resistence over in Brazil at BRL $480 per share, straight to $500 which was tested a couple of times before moving up to $525 late on Friday.

The latest move up can be attributed to Cobalt finding a shed load of oil in Angola (Namibia's neighbour). Infact a lot more than they anticipated.

http://news.businessweek.com/article...LOFLOJ9I4VHQDB

It ended the day up 32%.

So in the last two weeks, Petrobras and Cobalt have made good discoveries right beside our blocks.

I understand that HRT have adjusted their drilling approach for the next two wells based on what they learned from the first four drills. They also have much better quality seismics for these holes. I have heard that they are ahead of schedule, so I expect news before the 3Q2011 conference call on March 5th. Remember, the quality of oil in the Amazon area is top quality light crude.

In terms of Namibia, HRT completed the last bit of 3D seismics for their blocks in Jan and are analysing these right now. No less than 12 majors have expressed interest in farming in, but our CEO wants to analyse the seismics before any negotiations take place.

This share is a bargain.

www.hrt.com.br for more info if you're interested!
11-02-2012, 12:40   #15
Sparrow_Hawk

Do i have the correct company on my odlmarkets a/c - HRP-V - HRT PARTICIPACONES EM PETROL?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion