Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have a Kitten for sale ?

Options
  • 08-01-2012 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey,

I know i'm a bit late for "kitten season" but does anyone have or know of anyone with kittens that they don't want or are selling ?

I'm looking for quite a young one maybe few weeks old (8 TO 12 WEEKS)?

Thanks -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Why so young?

I'd imagine that there are kittens looking for homes in most rescues.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 l_f

Because I also have 2 dogs and i want the kitten to grow up with them
    so there are minimal problems. I have done this before and find it the best method.

I have been to DSPCA and the like, and they are rather unhelpful (as usual) saying i will have to wait till the summer. But there are obviously kittens out
    there, just a matter of locating them at this time.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Just a note - no sales allowed on the forum.

OP I'd suggest as already mentioned by sambuka, you try your local rescues because there are probably kittens that need homes.
    Also they have to be a certain age before they can leave their mother.

edit - I see you've said you tried one or two, maybe you could go further afield, to adjoining counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

kildare animal foundation have a good few kittens in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

The reason the DSPCA told you to wait until the summer is because you're actually early for kitten season, its usually around May/June/July time.

• Advertisement

I am aware that it is not yet kitten season but i have dealt with them before adopting a puppy and find them rather patronizing & negative.

But thanks for your post, i just thought that they would at least have a couple of alternative suggestions for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

l_f wrote: »
    I am aware that it is not yet kitten season but i have dealt with them before adopting a puppy and find them rather patronizing & negative.

But thanks for your post, i just thought that they would at least have a couple of alternative suggestions for me.

Sorry, when you posted that you were too late for kitten season, I thought you were totally inexperienced with felines:)

As posted above, I would just check other local welfare organisations, but I don't think any of them would let a kitten go before 8 or 12 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

l_f wrote: »
    Because I also have 2 dogs and i want the kitten to grow up with them
    so there are minimal problems. I have done this before and find it the best method.

I have been to DSPCA and the like, and they are rather unhelpful (as usual) saying i will have to wait till the summer. But there are obviously kittens out
    there, just a matter of locating them at this time.

Thanks

If you've done this before you'll know that you can't possibly take a kitten of a few weeks old - unless you're planning on hand feeding an orphan, still unlikely it would survive. 7 weeks is the youngest, 9 or 10 weeks much better, but there's no way a kitten of that age should be around dogs.

Planet X..... Clearly i'm not talking about having a kitten before it is due to
    be away from its mother.

I mean i don't want one that is a few of months old (i.e 4-5months) and will attack my dogs at first sight because its terrified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

ok, I replied to your original unedited post.

• Advertisement

ye, had to change it to avoid further attack ;) joke joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Try gumtree

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

From what I gather by following some rescues on facebook there is still a lot of kittens still around this time of year, think it was particularly bad for them this year. I seen two 4 month olds for adoption recently but thats in the north west. Ring around a few rescues and vets, if your on facebook join some of the rescues around the country, lots of them post there before posting on their own websites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I've sent you a PM. There is at least one animal rescue place on FB looking to rehome kittens.

Good luck!

Advertisement