Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-01-2012, 21:49   #1
Angron
Blood for the Blood God

THE Drew McIntyre's prospects

Drew isn't a name I really imagined would be there, especially with his run of late.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
06-01-2012, 22:40   #2
rovert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny M View Post
Drew isn't a name I really imagined would be there, especially with his run of late.
Drew has improved immensely if you watch Superstars
06-01-2012, 22:48   #3
gnfnrhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert View Post
I dont think he is talking about his ability, more so the fact that he always seems to be losing. Was the list supposed to be in kayfabe, or reality? If kayfabe, it makes very little sense having him there but if it's reality, fair enough.
06-01-2012, 22:49   #4
Machismo Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert View Post
And he hasn't improved, he's always been fantastic. The most criminally underused guy on the WWE roster.
06-01-2012, 22:54   #5
gnfnrhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machismo Fan View Post
And he hasn't improved, he's always been fantastic. The most criminally underused guy on the WWE roster.
I fully expected him to have been world champion by now. How they screwed up so badly with him is beyond me. I wouldnt even buy him as a midcard champion now. He needs a lot of work to look like a challenger again. That move to Raw more or less killed his career which is bizarre as he was supposidly one of Triple H's favourites during his time on Smackdown.
Advertisement
06-01-2012, 22:56   #6
GTR63
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machismo Fan View Post
Great Music too. He's one guy I wouldn't mind tna signing if he left wwe.
06-01-2012, 22:58   #7
Rjd2

By James Caldwell, PWTorch assistant editor

Several TNA names have appeared in recent reports based on WWE's interest in signing the wrestlers once their TNA contracts expire. The following is a break down of reported names and WWE's actual interest (some or none), according to sources.

-- Beer Money (James Storm & Robert Roode): Last year, WWE had interest in the wrestlers as a tag team, but not as individuals. It would be interesting to see if WWE has re-scouted them as individuals following their TNA split and current singles runs.

-- Rob Van Dam: WWE has interest in bringing back RVD, who was a "free agent" when he decided to sign with TNA in March 2010.

-- Matt Morgan: WWE showed interest in Morgan in 2011, but Morgan noted in a Facebook Chat last year that he opted to "stay loyal" to TNA after being in contact with WWE.

-- Bully Ray: WWE has shown interest in Ray, who has dropped weight and done some of the best work of his career over the past 6-9 months.

-- Ink, Inc.: WWE may have interest in bringing back Shannon Moore, but Jesse Neal is viewed as a developmental prospect, at best.

-- Samoa Joe: WWE does not have interest in Joe. Joe was offered a WWE developmental contract in the early 2000s, but turned it down.

-- The Pope. WWE had interest in Pope D'Angelo Dinero last year when his career appeared to be on the rise, but Pope, who wrestled on the ECW brand as Elijah Burke, has not helped his cause by becoming lost in the shuffle in TNA.

-- Angelina Love. WWE currently does not have interest in Love, who has heat in the WWE women's locker room, according to sources. Love's TNA contract runs through the end of the year.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/T...le_56628.shtml
06-01-2012, 23:57   #8
Angron
Blood for the Blood God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnfnrhead View Post
I dont think he is talking about his ability, more so the fact that he always seems to be losing.
Yeah, that was my point. He's always been talented, but he's been given nothing but losses on SD of late. Unless they are doing a MVP style recovery, I dunno what they are aiming for with him.
07-01-2012, 00:10   #9
DM-ICE

Considering Drew was never really on Raw it wouldn't take much to build him up at all. If he was on tv losing every week for the last year it would be tougher. Thats one of the reasons I don't get his current storyline, he could easily have been brought back to smackdown and say he was held back on Raw as people were afraid of him and so on.
Advertisement
07-01-2012, 00:33   #10
gnfnrhead

Im wondering if he pissed off someone, or if they have just gotten bored and decided to see what happens when you lose a lot of matches for seemingly no reason.
07-01-2012, 00:43   #11
jaykhunter

That's the problem when you hire someone in their early 20s, shove them on TV and expect them to wrestle & cut promos like they were in their 30s.
07-01-2012, 00:48   #12
waltersobchak
Closed Account

Quote:
Im wondering if he pissed off someone, or if they have just gotten bored and decided to see what happens when you lose a lot of matches for seemingly no reason.
Think his Ex-Wife landed him in the "WWE Doghouse"(as those dirtsheet rags call it)
Thanks from:
07-01-2012, 00:49   #13
rovert

Quote:
His big fight with his ex-wife was the eve or weekend of Linda's election bid

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltersobchak View Post
Think his Ex-Wife landed him in the "WWE Doghouse"(as those dirtsheet rags call it)
Not this again

Last edited by rovert; 07-01-2012 at 00:54.
Thanks from:
07-01-2012, 01:03   #14
CMpunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltersobchak View Post
(as those dirtsheet rags call it)
Easy there walt...
07-01-2012, 01:13   #15
rovert

"Being in the doghouse" is a colloquial term and whether if WWE has one Drew is unqualified proof as was Melina for chunks of her career especially after her twitter documented New Years Eve 2010/11 fight/brief break up with JoMo. WWE does want their Superstars to provide escapism not public domestic disputes ESPECIALLY post Benoit.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion