Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Raffail 2: Sairus Edition

Options
  • 06-01-2012 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Since we love raffles round these parts, hows about another one?

It has come to my attention that I have amassed a large collection of random Fighting Games stuff that is just gathering dust here, so I'm going to try and put it to some good use.

It'll be €5 to buy 5 tickets, or €10 for 15. There's a tonne of stuff on offer here so you're very likely to walk away with a prize of some sort if you enter. Obviously some of this stuff you won't be interested in (or at least, shouldn't be. I'm looking at you Battle Coliseum.) but where's the fun in only having good stuff?

As an added bonus, I won't be keeping a penny of this money. All of it is going into the Tempest Community Funds to buy new equipment and whatnot for tournaments. It's sort of like giving money to charity!

I'll start flogging tickets at any of the tournaments I make it to over the next few weeks. At some point in the future I'll then start pulling names.
    Also, just to clarify - it won't just be one winner of the entire list below. I'll pull a ticket for every item on the list, so there's currently 36 chances for you to win.

Click the votey buttons up there to give me a vague idea of interest.

The list:

Darkstalkers Chronicles The Chaos Tower (PSP)
    Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP)
    Soulcalibur Broken Destiny (PSP)
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max (PSP)
    Blazblue Calamity Trigger (PSP)
    Power Stone Collection (PSP)

Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360)
    Battle Fantasia (360)
    Soulcalibur IV (360)
    Blazblue Continuum Shift Collectors Edition (360) [Still sealed]
    Tekken 6 (360) [Signed by the voice actor for Miguel. It's addressed 'To Sairus' :pac: ]
    Blazblue Continuum Shift Makoto Nanaya DLC code (360)

Soulcalibur (DC)
    Marvel vs Capcom 2 (DC)
    Fighting Vipers 2 (DC)
    [Due to the nature of awfully designed Dreamcast boxes, the cases for these are all broken in some way]

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (Xbox)
    Soulcalibur II (Xbox)
    Guilty Gear X2 #Reload (Xbox)
    SNK vs Capcom Chaos (Xbox)
    Capcom Fighting Jam (Xbox)

Capcom vs SNK 2 (PS2)
    Neo Geo Battle Coliseum (PS2)
    Soulcalibur III (PS2)
    King of Fighters Maximum Impact 2 (PS2)
    Sonic Gems Collection (PS2) [Anthology has Sonic: The Fighters on it]
    Tekken 5 (PS2) [missing manual and sleeve]

Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PS1)
    Rival Schools (PS1)
    Soulblade (PS1)

Tatsunoko vs Capcom Ultimate All-Stars (Wii)

Blazblue Song Accord #1 with Continuum Shift (CD) [Japanese import with music from the game, but with lyrics!]
    Super Turbo Hyper Champion Special Edition Pack [Bandana slightly used]
    Blazblue Calamity Trigger Limited Edition Art Book
    Street Fighter Tribute [Art Book]
    Dark Stalkers Tribute [Art Book]

As I said, the chances are pretty damn high you'll walk away with a couple of prizes :)

Would you be interested in raffling? 13 votes

Yes. I'd love to give money to win stuff AND help buy new tourney equipment.
    0% 0 votes
    No. I'm mean and no one likes me.
    100% 13 votes

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

To clarify now, you will be doing the raffle regardless of the number of entrants yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

All this money's going back into the community anyway so it doesn't matter to me how much money I get - so yes, regardless of tickets sold this will go ahead. :P This is more for me to get rid of a bunch of my crap and simultaneously build up the Tempest chest a bit.

I do reserve the right to keep this open till I get a half decent number of tickets sold though, but at the longest I hope to do the ticket pulling towards the end of February, or sometime after Cannes at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Are we going to be able to pick and chose what we want if we win or will you chose for us?

I'll choose something from the list, then pull a random ticket out of a bandana.
    Ticket holder and that item can then go make out or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

can the first raffle be at tempest seeing as its for tempest equipment. as this may encourage gamers to make their way dowm to tempest for gaming and raffle fun

up to you boyo

• Advertisement

There'll only be one raffle - I'll just be selling tickets at multiple events between now and whenever.
    Having it at a Tempest might be fun though :D Though that'd mean holding off on actually having the raffle until towards the end of March. (Tempest 10 is early February, Tempest 11 is hopefully back to the 4th Saturday of March)

Regardless of where/when I actually have the raffle I'll get the winners' prizes to them eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Plumpynuter

That's a really nice collection and very generous idea. Would it not be worth more all together as collection? on Adverts or ebay. Or you could split them all and sell in batches per format. Some of the retro stuff sells really well on Adverts.

You also might get offered gear for trade that you could use for tournaments. Best of luck either way and fair play.

The main reason I'm doing it this way is honestly just that if I tried to sell it all on eBay or Adverts or what have you there's no real incentive for me to not just keep the money - I am just selling a pile of my old stuff after all.

This way it's a bit of fun (well I think it is :P) for RS.ie and all this stuff is being fed back into the community, who are then feeding the development of future tournaments. It doesn't just feel like it's just me putting €60 into the community chest straight off the bat - everyone's investing a little in the fund and getting something back while they're at it.

I'll be at Day of Champions this weekend with a fresh book of raffle tickets for anyone who wants to donate something to the cause :)

Just a heads up that I'll be selling these at Tempest today (shocking I know) and that I've added a couple more items to the pot:

Soulcalibur V Dampierre DLC code (360)
    Chibi Sakura figure
    Chibi Chun Li figure

There should be a couple of other additions coming up too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sairus wrote: »
    Chibi Sakura figure

Suddenly, 100 tickets are bought from Dundalk.

Here's a photo of what's up for grabs. There's a few items that are still back in Galway, so you'll have to use your imagination!

DSCN0261.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I like the selection, probably hoping for the soundtrack the most but ah well! :D I'd definately get some tickets at any rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mscupcakes

I'm in but if I win I want the Super Turbo Hyper Champion Special Edition Pack 8)

The drawing for the raffle will take place at the next Tempest. I should be able to confirm a date for that tomorrow.

If you still want in to the raffle but were unable to buy tickets, send me a PM with how many tickets you want and I'll add them to the hat. I'll get the money off you later.

Currently there's 39 prizes up for grabs and only 75 tickets sold - currently you have a 50% chance of winning something :)

I just had another flick through those Udon Tribute books. God it's tearing me up raffling them off. I'm tempted to buy tickets just to see if I can win them back D:

Woo, double posts.

So I've had a lot of people asking what the format of this raffle will be, specifically if it will be:

a) I pull a name out of the hat and that ticket holder gets to choose a prize.
    b) I pull a name out of the hat and that ticket holder gets a random prize.

I was planning on running this with b) for two reasons:

Firstly, I'll be the first to admit not all of these prizes are fantastic. All the good stuff will be taken pretty quick and the last few names will just be getting stuff no one wants. I figured it'd be fairer to add yet another layer of randomness.

Secondly, I'll be running this at an event that typically doesn't draw a lot of Dublin people down, so how do I deal with half the winners not being at the event? I can't exactly delay the prize pulling.

However, after giving it a little more thought, I'm going to swap to option a) after all - The name I draw out of the hat gets to choose their prize.

The catch to this is if you're not at the event, you don't get first pick.
    Those people at the tournament will get to choose their prizes there and then. For the people who are not at the event I'll put you on a list in the order I pulled the names and after the tournament I'll contact each person in order and ask them what they want from the remaining prizes.

Even if you're not at the tournament, you still get to choose your prizes, you probably just won't have as good a pool to pick from as those that do attend!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That makes sense, not all of us can make the trip down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

That's how you force people to come to your event :P

Cheers to everyone who bought tickets for this! There was a total of 180 tickets sold so that brought in €140 that's going in the Tempest fund. Give all of yourselves a nice pat on the back!

There were seven tickets pulled for people not at the event, so I'll get on to all of you in the order you were pulled so that you can pick your prizes: Chopper, Orim, Zanthal, AyJay, Chris, Orim and Chopper.

I'm not sure if Zanthal posts here or not, so can someone who knows him tell him to give me a shout?
    Also, I'm not entirely sure who that Chris is (I think it's ChrisIWS). It was ticket 1 that was pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Xanfel

I'm going to out on a limb and assume that 'Zanthal' is in fact me.

In which case, I need a new name - cause that's just gonna annoy people forever and ever.

But ya. I've been stalking the boards for a while now, I just rarely feel I can contribute to your philisophical and intellectual discussions.

Anyways. I figured it'd be rude for me to not show myself if you are indeed looking for me.

• Advertisement

Xanfel wrote: »
    I'm going to out on a limb and assume that 'Zanthal' is in fact me.

In which case, I need a new name - cause that's just gonna annoy people forever and ever.

Haha, sorry man. I scribbled your name down pretty horribly on my little book here! I know the pain of a variably spelled name, I assure you ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Xanfel gave those tickets to me. It's totally my prize now and there's nothing he can do to stop me claiming it.

I guess I'll give him the ticket back tomorrow

Advertisement