Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-01-2012, 16:54   #1
spiderdan

Paparazzi Extras Needed

Hi,

I'm filming a scene for a short film next Thurs 12th and I'm on the hunt for some paparazzi photographers to be included in the scene. The scene involves a pop star walking out of a building and getting swamped by paparazzi and interviewers as he makes his way to a waiting car. The scene won't take more then 30mins to shoot and will be shot in the city centre in the afternoon. The film will be aired on RTE later in the year, and will feature in a number of high profile film festivals nationally.

Anyone free and interested let me know by either a PM or email here;
theredlinecast@gmail.com

cheers,
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
06-01-2012, 17:07   #2
magicbastarder

you should mention if there's any remuneration for the job.
(2) thanks from:
06-01-2012, 19:00   #3
fox007

I would be up for this.I sent you an email there regards joe.
06-01-2012, 19:29   #4
Zillah

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbastarder View Post
you should mention if there's any remuneration for the job.
Well it's a short film and he didn't say there would be renumeration, so you can safely assume no.
06-01-2012, 21:20   #5
Eirebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillah View Post
Well it's a short film and he didn't say there would be renumeration, so you can safely assume no.
it would seem that it may be a short film with RTE funding however, it's only fair to ask i reckon.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
07-01-2012, 12:56   #6
The Snipe

Filming in Dublin?
Thanks from:
07-01-2012, 14:48   #7
artyeva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirebear View Post
it would seem that it may be a short film with RTE funding however, it's only fair to ask i reckon.
fair point, but don't be fooled into thinking this means there's any massive budget. often times it might just cover equipment hire and editing. it all depends on what scheme it was funded under.
Thanks from:
07-01-2012, 15:29   #8
stcstc

actually no one said there was rte funding, said it would be aired on RTE. that doesnt mean there is funding at all
07-01-2012, 19:26   #9
artyeva

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcstc View Post
actually no one said there was rte funding, said it would be aired on RTE. that doesnt mean there is funding at all
true!
Advertisement
07-01-2012, 19:36   #10
PCPhoto

Spiderdan ... do you have any experience of watching paps work ? its usually not huddling around a celeb.

unfortunately I'm back to work on Wednesday (11th) but might be in a position to assist in terms of loaning some equipment for usage and offer advice on the scene (if you are open to getting a bit of advice ... nothing worse when watching a film/TV series/documentary when you see someone using a long lens within a few feet of the person...or using a wideangle to photograph someone who is 10-15feet away)
(3) thanks from:
07-01-2012, 20:31   #11
Effects

But it's a film, a lot of it is cheated. A long lens looks the part quite often even if it's not how it's used in real life.
(2) thanks from:
07-01-2012, 21:49   #12
Eirebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by artyeva View Post
fair point, but don't be fooled into thinking this means there's any massive budget. often times it might just cover equipment hire and editing. it all depends on what scheme it was funded under.
Of course, i wasnt suggesting anything else other than it's fair to ask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stcstc View Post
And if RTE have got the rights to airing it prior to the film even being shot, it would suggest that they have a hand in it somehwere no?

Again, i'm not suggesting that they have the money to pay for it - if they did they wouldnt be going through boards looking for extras. Just commenting that there is a fair chance that there is some sort of "budget" involved.
07-01-2012, 21:55   #13
Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirebear View Post
Of course, i wasnt suggesting anything else other than it's fair to ask.

And if RTE have got the rights to airing it prior to the film even being shot, it would suggest that they have a hand in it somehwere no?

Again, i'm not suggesting that they have the money to pay for it - if they did they wouldnt be going through boards looking for extras. Just commenting that there is a fair chance that there is some sort of "budget" involved.
Not necessarily. Plenty of small productions are made that end up being shown on RTE but they don't have anything to do with funding or production.
07-01-2012, 21:56   #14
stcstc

doesnt say RTE has the right either

says being aired on RTE (generally this means the production company want it to happen, not RTE)

and its to be shown around a bunch of film festivals

the idea behind shorts generally is a means to actually get funding for a real project on the back of it. ie if it does well someone will then pay for a feature or something from the same production company

generally shorts are done on the lowest budgets, by keen people wanting to do something for art or as a means to get money to do a full job. and everything is done on scrimp and save budgets. I have worked on them

most of the actors dont get paid never mind extras or crew!!!
Thanks from:
07-01-2012, 22:50   #15
ThOnda

What time is it happening? During daylight or after business hours?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion