My idea for a tattoo - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-01-2012, 09:52   #1
astonaidan

My idea for a tattoo

Ok well ive decided on my Tattoo, Had wanted to go for something Irish but not a real love of crosses, So Ive decided to get the shield of the Rohirrim from LOTR with Mam & Dad under it in Elvish, Just wondering what people think of it as an Idea
Advertisement
05-01-2012, 09:54   #2
RoryMurphyJnr

Pic ?
05-01-2012, 10:00   #3
chin_grin
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoryMurphyJnr View Post
Pic ?
It's just my two, but those who wouldn't know would see it as a Celtic cross piece. But sure once you're happy with it then why worry?

Massive pic is massive

Last edited by Star Lord; 05-01-2012 at 11:25. Reason: Changing massive pic for a link
05-01-2012, 10:26   #4
astonaidan

Yeah they probably would see that alright, I would know myself it wasnt so I think wed all be happy
05-01-2012, 15:02   #5
Jimmy Bottlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by astonaidan View Post
Ok well ive decided on my Tattoo, Had wanted to go for something Irish but not a real love of crosses, So Ive decided to get the shield of the Rohirrim from LOTR with Mam & Dad under it in Elvish, Just wondering what people think of it as an Idea
The correct answer is it doesn't matter a damn what anyone thinks except you, as you're the person who'll have it on you forever.

If you're not 100% sure, wait it out and your true feelings will surface... either you'll get sick of it eventually, or else you'll continue to love it and know it's the right choice for you.

Personally, I wouldn't be pushed on it, but again that doesn't matter - mine might look like a giant blob of ****e in your opinion, but once I'm happy that's all that matters.

One thing I'd HIGHLY advise is to research the elvish script very, very thoroughly. I wouldn't advise a foreign script unless you can read it, as you might find out too late that it's wrong and you're stuck with it.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
06-01-2012, 03:02   #6
im invisible
Closed Account

looks like a pretty cool idea for a tattoo, OP
where are you thinking of getting it?
06-01-2012, 04:24   #7
astonaidan

Thinking either the calf or bicep, Will have to investigate elvish abit alright to make sure of it

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion