Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clocked car for sale 01 BMW e39 Estoril Blue, beware!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Owen wrote: »
    Friend of mine sold an e39 to a guy in Dublin. This was the Ad at the time:
    http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4727

The car was then sold to a guy in Donegal, and is for sale by the guy in Donegal now with nearly 90k shaved off the clock.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2842171

That lad that clocked it. People like that makes my blood boil. Too greedy for their own good.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Owen wrote: »
    Friend of mine sold an e39 to a guy in Dublin. This was the Ad at the time:
    http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4727

The car was then sold to a guy in Donegal, and is for sale by the guy in Donegal now with nearly 90k shaved off the clock.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2842171

Have you reported this to DoneDeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,731 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Don't show your friend who sold it 4 years ago. He will be sick to see the state of it :(

And whoever wants to buy a 'felt spec diesel deserves all they're getting :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DaForceCork

Was my car 4 years ago...

Sold it to a lad called Wayne in Dublin and still have his number.

He sold it onto this guy in Donegal as I had the car on my watch list on Donedeal on my iphone when both guys were selling it

PM me if you need anything

Well discussed car on BMW-Driver.net

The previous owner to me is a Boards Member too here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Have you reported this to DoneDeal.

Can't see the point TBH, they'll pull it, he'll put it back up again an hour later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Donedeal will just tell you to contact the guards if you don't like the ad.

unkel wrote: »
    Don't show your friend who sold it 4 years ago. He will be sick to see the state of it :(

And whoever wants to buy a 'felt spec diesel deserves all they're getting :p

Now...

Full?id=9234579

then...

2yyzix1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Sickening alright.

Know of a car that was rolled, badly repaired, and sold from a "dealer" in Dublin. After much arguing, they took the car back with partial refund, and much inferior replacement car.

Car that had been rolled, turned up for sale in a "prestige dealers", with significant mileage docked.

When the "prestige dealers" were informed, they didn't wanna know about it.

Sickening.

I am going to look for my old laptop as I have a screenshot saved somewhere of when I bought it on Carzone from previous owner/board member 5-6 years ago with 132k on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Sickening. I'm gonna send your man text just to make me feel a bit better. It's nauseating to see scum flourishing unchallenged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

even the date format of the digital photo in the dd advert would make me suss... its the little things that piss me off:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Thinking alike theblueirish!

Thinking alike theblueirish!

yeah,

I think i've seen the car about, i'm not into cars but a mate owned one similar a few years back. I will be keeping an eye out for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

that landrover he's selling is a ringer too. they didnt make coil sprung landrovers in 1976. most likely its a series3 diesel book and vin plate

carcheck reports its a 1976 defender 90? FFS defenders weren't made till 1991/1992

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Everyone spam him with texts and e mails. I see you cannot report the ad on DD anymore...

original ad has been pulled now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Gas too, delighted for him!

I reported an ad on donedeal before and it was pointless, policing the means streets of donedeal ourselves seems to be a winner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,731 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I reported an ad on donedeal before and it was pointless

You didn't do it right. Just reporting an ad gives you nothing but an automated email reply to "contact the Gardai" :rolleyes:

Persist and they will take action. Edit the ad or even remove it. And pretty quickly too. Sure the ad in this thread was gone within an hour of the original post. Fair play to donedeal in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

unkel wrote: »
    You didn't do it right. Just reporting an ad gives you nothing but an automated email reply to "contact the Gardai" :rolleyes:

Persist and they will take action. Edit the ad or even remove it. And pretty quickly too. Sure the ad in this thread was gone within an hour of the original post. Fair play to donedeal in fairness.

The ad was gone the next day for this advert because someone very local to me bought it. I actually say it pull out of a the GAA club near me recently and I could see that the whole front of the car was a different silver to the back of the car! Absolutely ringer, cut and shut/ ex taxi of a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

It makes me sick to see this happening. That chancer deserves every bad luck that comes his way, I'm sorry now but he does. Its a sneaky and dirty characteristic that's in the motor trade. Its a crime, and the people involved in clocking deserve everything bad they get. He was some cl*wn to take 90,000miles off the car, He made it very obvious.

Well down boardies here for finding it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

teednab-el wrote: »
    He was some cl*wn to take 90,000miles off the car, He made it very obvious.

Well down boardies here for finding it out.

:mad::mad:

..... and the only one in the country at that !!

What a tool....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

homer90 wrote: »
    :mad::mad:

..... and the only one in the country at that !!

What a tool....

No need to be sarcastic......Just saying it was great that that person got caught. Its happening everywhere but people dont know it. Not everyone will get caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭YBTurbo

I'm 99% sure that Landie is a ringer,

Registered as a 2.3 Diesel (60ish HP) Pick-up Defender, So a series 3 like this,
    landrover_title.jpg

When it is infact a a 2.5 Diesel 200TDi (110ish HP) Model Introduced in 1984 and the 200TDi engine was introduced in 1990.
    Full-9807342.jpeg

I ain't an expert on them, but just done a bit of Googling and that's what I came up with.

Although saying that, He could have went to the trouble of using the original chassis and added a Defender 90 Body with a 200TDi engine.

Open to correction if I'm wrong?

Either way, He's paying €52 tax instead of €1005 (Private) or €310 (Commercial)

ETA: He'll be wondering WTF when he sees nearly 500 views on it in 3 hours.

ETAA: His Mx5 is actually 94/5 (UK M reg) not 91 as it says in the ad. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

YBTurbo wrote: »

ETAA: His Mx5 is actually 94/5 (UK M reg) not 91 as it says in the ad. :)

It is a 91 just registered in the uk in 94/95. When an imported car is brought into the uk it's given plates from the year it is brought in.

I had a 1990 mx5 on 2004 plates when I lived in the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Mully_2011

I don't know why people get so upset with clocking I mean I wouldn't do it myself but really mileage isn't really that important at the end of the day once the car has being looked after properly serviced and all that jazz does it really make a difference.

Also that was a beaut of a e39 on the m5 wheels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Mully_2011 wrote: »
    I don't know why people get so upset with clocking I mean I wouldn't do it myself but really mileage isn't really that important at the end of the day once the car has being looked after properly serviced and all that jazz does it really make a difference.

Knowing the correct mileage is a big part of knowing how well a car was looked after. If you saw a car with 60K on it and it had 4 services you would think it ws properly maintained. But what if that same car actually had 160K on it?. Then obviously it has not been maintained as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

alb.gif?m=1309298120

Ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

YBTurbo wrote: »

Although saying that, He could have went to the trouble of using the original chassis and added a Defender 90 Body with a 200TDi engine.

Open to correction if I'm wrong?

Either way, He's paying €52 tax instead of €1005 (Private) or €310 (Commercial)

If he is using the original 1970's chassis then the car is registered as such and he pays classic car tax of €52, no matter what year the body of the vehicle is from. Its perfectly legal.

They get upset because its blatant fraud and in my opinion theft. I personally dont take much notice of the mileage, its the condition that matters but trying to sell a car with 200,000 miles on it as one with 110,000 miles on it is attempting to con people, nothing more nothing less.

The seller is selling something that doesnt meet the description and its illegal under several pieces of legislation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Sonar

I'm looking for an E39 520 series '01-'03 - just want an elegant carriage! Appreciate some advice from an expert:
    how do I know number of previous owners - especially UK used import?
    How low is too low in mileage or could any number be clocked?
    what particular issues should I look out for, oil leaks, suspension, etc?
    what to avoid - what to go for?
    appreciate any replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Kamili wrote: »
    It is a 91 just registered in the uk in 94/95. When an imported car is brought into the uk it's given plates from the year it is brought in.

I had a 1990 mx5 on 2004 plates when I lived in the uk.

no Uk imports get an "age related" number. Yours must have been an error as its the rule there that you cannot have plates that make a car appear younger than it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

In this day and age is it still bloody possible to clock cars??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

amdublin wrote: »

Easier than ever now, thanks to Digital clocks.

Just plug in the laptop, and voila.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

I don't know why people get so upset with clocking ... but really mileage isn't really that important ...
    I'm afraid I have to correct you in your car-knowledge.

Major and minor service intervals are triggered by mileage and resetting the odo to a lower mileage means that someone's pride and joy could be reduced to an expensive pile of junk due to missing major services because of the seller's dishonesty.

BTW, the original "dealer" mentioned at the start of the thread, is he a dealer or is he portraying himself as a private seller? If the latter inform Revenue and he'll get a visit, although the chances are he lives over the border in Derry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

amdublin wrote: »

Course. Thats a bit like asking is it still possible to pirate games and films in this day and age.

As soon as someone brings out any technology there are loads of people working on trying to circumvent it.

It was a nice car until it got pimped:mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Sonar wrote: »
    I'm looking for an E39 520 series '01-'03 - just want an elegant carriage! Appreciate some advice from an expert:
    how do I know number of previous owners - especially UK used import?
    How low is too low in mileage or could any number be clocked?
    what particular issues should I look out for, oil leaks, suspension, etc?
    what to avoid - what to go for?
    appreciate any replies

www.mywheels.ie
    www.cartell.ie
    www.motorcheck.ie

Back for sale again...beware

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4173205

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Looks like it went to a good home last time...ahem...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Looks like it went to a good home last time...ahem...

The stretched tyres look ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I'd be more concerned with the camber on the back left:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShiresV2

I'd be more concerned with the camber on the back left:pac:

Nice pictures. On the E39 the rear swing arm snaps in two eventually if you do doughnuts in them. They're fragile. I wonder what happened here.

Full-15595329.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

NO SENCEABLE OFFER REFUSED..................
    says it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Jesus Christ the state of that. €1000 in parts at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

A neighbour bought my first car, used to hate seeing it around, unwashed and tatty.

I cant imagine how the op feels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

I wonder how cheap a senceable offer would be...;)

Squ wrote: »
    A neighbour bought my first car, used to hate seeing it around, unwashed and tatty.

I cant imagine how the op feels.

Yep shame to see it in that condition now

Here is when I had it
    http://i26.tinypic.com/anoaa1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,465 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Assuming it was only clocked once, what mileage ha s it now, 260k miles?

• Advertisement
Advertisement