Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

23 packs

Options
  • 27-12-2011 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭

Was recently in a newsagents and when asking for bensons I was offered a 23 pack for 9.75 , thought this was odd so went for it , they were in the older style square corner pack.

I can see their logic : 20 @ 8.90 = 44.5c a smoke whereas 23 @ 9.75 = 42.3c a smoke, so if you manage to stick to 20 and not go up to 23 youd be saving 44 cent per 20.

any other brands doing this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Purely a way to make you smoke and spend more.

I used to eat a lot of biscuits, you know the way you sit done with a packet and suddenly you are on the last one? Now I buy cake and I'll have two slices, I won't eat the whole cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Same thing happened me earlier today. They had no 20 pack and offered me 23 instead.

I laughed a little inside at the thought of 10 packs being banned

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Two possibilities come to mind:
    1. Keep the price below €10
    2. The cost of making and processing packets of a particular size (a 23-pack is one cigarette longer than a 20 pack, and might need minimal resetting of machines).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Do they have a lot of these 23 packs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

I always found these packs great as some days I'd smoke more than 20 a day but now I've been told they've been discontinued because people were complaining that the box was too big for their pockets. :mad:
    I f the box was too big,why didn't they just stick to buying the 20's?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Advertisement