Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

depressing disbelief in any reason for life

Options
  • 26-12-2011 4:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

please bear in mind that i did not come on here to make people doubt their religion. i was born into a christian household and would call myself christian, however as the years go by i find myself more and more doubting the existence of god.
    my biggest reason for doubting god is the fact that the world is so big. why would god create life only on one teeny tiny planet. the earth is like a speck of sand in relation to the size of the universe. it is almost irrelevant.
    so how could we be the only life that matter? what is the rest of the universe there for? the universe is sooo large- made up of billions of galaxies and stars. i can't understand how we are so arrogant to assume we are the only ones in the universe...

there is evidence of UFO'S etc so no doubt there is life more intelligent than us humans on other planets far away. did god create them too? i would like to believe in god but it makes no sense to me. unfortunately i think once our time is up on earth, that's it. we'll all be forgotten

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I'm not a believer myself but does it say in the Bible that we are the only ones in the universe? Personally I think there must be something out there somewhere but I wouldn't base that on a religious belief, more a , sure there must be. :s

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

I don't know.

It's true, it is unfortunate, that when we die, we will cease to exist. But that is nothing to fear my dear fellow human.

You non existed for many billions/trillions/xxxxions of years before you were so fortunately born into this amazing, sometimes cruel, yet always beautiful world. If that's what awaits you after death, then fear you not. Live your living life to the full. Enjoy time.

Enjoy...............time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

We already have a thread devoted to interaction with Atheism and discussion as to the existence of God, so please feel free to join that thread, UFO's and all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement