Implications of iCloud - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-12-2011, 22:14   #1
Andip

Implications of iCloud

My wife told me that the photos I took at my brothers party in the UK last weekend automatically populated onto my iPad which was at home in Cork that same evening. just as well I was behaving

For me personally its a huge bonus that photos will stream home, I can see some interesting situations arising from iCloud in the future.......
Advertisement
21-12-2011, 22:21   #2
culabula

Send a message via ICQ to culabula Send a message via MSN to culabula Send a message via Yahoo to culabula Send a message via Skype™ to culabula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andip View Post
My wife told me that the photos I took at my brothers party in the UK last weekend automatically populated onto my iPad which was at home in Cork that same evening. just as well I was behaving

For me personally its a huge bonus that photos will stream home, I can see some interesting situations arising from iCloud in the future.......
Well, 'tis the nature of the beast.
Thanks from:
21-12-2011, 23:01   #3
The Big Gig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andip View Post

you have photo stream turned on within iCloud settings.
21-12-2011, 23:01   #4
Trotter
Closed Account

I think the inability to do something as basic as deleting photos from the cloud on the users terms, not apple's is something thats seriously lacking.
Thanks from:
21-12-2011, 23:07   #5
gbee
Closed Account

Occasionally I get the urge to do a bit of talent spotting with me iPhone. Sticky situation with the missus as these opened in her browser on our home networked computer and I had to explain away the tit and bum shots a obviously the shutter stuck or something.

I usually save these art pieces to my private folder before the networks shares but the iCloud will be responsible for bringing couples closer together for sure.
Advertisement
21-12-2011, 23:11   #6
gbee
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotter View Post
I think the inability to do something as basic as deleting photos from the cloud on the users terms, not apple's is something thats seriously lacking.
I'm thinking of disabling iCloud for this reason. I gave up the previous paid for version MobileMe and it had more user control, but it's not something I think I like ~ it's like one's mind being made public sort of.
22-12-2011, 10:01   #7
Captain McDuck
Banned

Serious flaw, had to turn off photo stream myself. Missus saw me taking pictures of my willy.
Thanks from:
22-12-2011, 10:17   #8
godtabh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain McDuck View Post
Serious flaw, had to turn off photo stream myself. Missus saw me taking pictures of my willy.
Didnt think the iPhone had that big of a zoom
22-12-2011, 13:42   #9
aidan_walsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotter View Post
Thats an oversight being corrected in iOS 5.1 according to the developer previews.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-12-2011, 13:49   #10
kaizersoze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain McDuck View Post
Which one?

or
(2) thanks from:
22-12-2011, 13:50   #11
gbee
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidan_walsh View Post
Thats an oversight being corrected in iOS 5.1 according to the developer previews.
Good, 'cause I've, like other have multiple copies of pics and vids that just won't go away after transfer and deletion.
22-12-2011, 15:12   #12
Stainless_Steel
Closed Account

Another way around this on the iPad would be if they brought in multiple user accounts on the iPad.

So when you wake the device you choose what account and put in pass code.

I can see them bringing in this feature when the entry level iPad has 64GB memory. Probably 2 generations away at least.
Thanks from:
22-12-2011, 15:13   #13
aidan_walsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless_Steel View Post
Another way around this on the iPad would be if they brought in multiple user accounts on the iPad.

So when you wake the device you choose what account and put in pass code.

I can see them bringing in this feature when the entry level iPad has 64GB memory. Probably 2 generations away at least.
I don't. The iPhone and iPad are intended to be personal devices.
24-02-2012, 01:54   #14
dingding

The music app is now unusable on my iPhone. When I play music it is constantly streaming the music from the cloud. When I am out walking the music stops and starts as it can't download he music quick enough.

Is there any way to switch it off. On a tempory basis or to only allow streaming over wifi.
26-02-2012, 10:48   #15
nebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingding View Post
The music app is now unusable on my iPhone. When I play music it is constantly streaming the music from the cloud. When I am out walking the music stops and starts as it can't download he music quick enough.

Is there any way to switch it off. On a tempory basis or to only allow streaming over wifi.
If you got to Settings>Store and turn "Use Cellular Data" off, iTunes match will only work over wifi
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion