Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UB, ptsb, aib & boi Christmas opening times

Options
  • 18-12-2011 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Before the forum gets full of this questions here you go.

UB:

Open sat the 24th till 1:30pm
    Closed the 26, 27 & 28
    Open the 29 & 30
    Open again on the 31 from 9:30 till 1:30
    Closed the 2/01 and open as normal from the 3/01

Ptsb,

Here is the link

https://www.permanenttsb.ie/aboutus/contactus/christmasopeninghours/index.html

Fair play to ptsb, seemed to be the only bank with easily found opening hours!

Boi and aib

Closed the 26, 27 & 28
    Open the 29 & 30
    Closed the 2/01 and open as normal from the 3/01

I've anyone wishes to correct please do so.

Beat the q's

Ptsb and UB operate fast lodgements that are process that day via a drop box located in the banking hall.

Some aib and boi branches have the new ATM style fast lodge. Need a ATM card to use and must do cash and chqs separate. Lodgements are process ASAP which is handy, well if you got a card that is.

Online banking,

All have it. Aib and UB have smart phone app which are very handy and I think well designed.

Boi seemed to have sorted out the new site, well I've no issues.

Never used ptsb so no comment.

Sending money abroad: beware of cut off points. Standard transfers (3day value) need to be done via paper based applications no later than Tuesday the 20th by 12:30 or 3:30 if your bank has updated as per the EU single payment directive. Check your own banks site for online transfers and cut off points.

Bank draft: please phone in advance is your looking for a few :)

F/x: again phone in advance and be wary most non urban branches only stock stg and USD.

Coin exchange: please leave till after Xmas :p

Business change requests: if you leave it till the 23(24 for sat opening) then I've no sympaty for you queuing. At least try get in 1st thing and I know most rural branches would contact their customers. Try order in advanced.

Any way. Feel free to add stuff I've missed or got wrong

Oh and most branches will be doing coffee mornings and fundraising in the branches so be nice.

Advertisement