Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALL YOU CAN EAT FRY A FIVER !! galway

Options
  • 10-12-2011 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭

yup,had it this morning in the arches restaurant in claregalway, sausages,rashers,eggs,black n white pudding and beans.. as much tea/coffee and toast as ya like .. for a fiver !!! mon to sat

and its not crap grub either.. the lady working there told me that lunches during the week are 6euro ! (choice of 7) and a side is 2 euro..

bargain !!!

i dont work there btw,just had to share

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

There is a place in the city that has the same deal, think it Fagans off shop street, havent tried it yet but must do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

never heard that! and im always lookin for a good deal on a fry lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

I get it every week on the lunch break :) absolute bargain ..!

do ya get the fry or the bargain lunch? is the lunch good?

Fry for a fiver..self service, right job! brekkie is7-12(on the dot!) every day! lunch is nice too depending on what's on the menu for the day...the catch is probably that it's only €6 for main and one side, like you could get chicken and mash, but the veg would be €2 extra! etc...however when it's something like a strogonoff or curry you can't go wrong for €6! i'd nearly always opt for breakfast though as the whole all you can eat aspect is just quality! :) ..fed for the day!..and possible two steps closer to the grave with all the fatty fry~ness!

• Advertisement

worry about the grave on another thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Is it just the tea and toast that's all you can eat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

I was staying in the brehon in Killarney last year. You can eat as much as you want for breakfast, one woman went up 4 times for a fry for herself :eek: I think she wanted to eat enough until the next morning. These breakfasts are easy on the pocket and lethal on the gut.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Actually Arches restaurant in claregalway do a 6 euro luch special everyday that's fantastic. I eat there at least once or twice a week.
    Normally a pasta dish with any side or their Chicken of the day...
    Staff always have plenty of free miwadi too for us cheapskates :D

Samich wrote: »
    Is it just the tea and toast that's all you can eat?

nope, fry is help yourself :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 lackofyou

cheers,I love this...

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

In the Arches - they also do an 8 ounce steak and homemade chips for €9.99 in the evening between 5 and 9 pm.
    Very very tasty and excellent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

man that's crazy need one of these in cork!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

On Prendeville show today he sent PJ coogan to Tonys bristro nth main st to eat their breakfast. If you can eat it it all you will get it for free if not it will cost you €29.95. Coogan failed to eat it all he almost did, the man could hardly talk after :D Here it is http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7455&d=1323451031 Do you think yo could manage it?

^ my god. No way!!!! Could share it with someone? ;)

On Prendeville show today he sent PJ coogan to Tonys bristro nth main st to eat their breakfast. If you can eat it it all you will get it for free if not it will cost you €29.95. Coogan failed to eat it all he almost did, the man could hardly talk after :D Here it is http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7455&d=1323451031 Do you think yo could manage it?

not a hope, bud i would give it a lash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

nah I'm too small :(

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭abbey2000

I think people are suffering from "its a bargain at a fiver so it tastes great".

It is a bargain at a fiver but its cheap muck ....this was my favourite place to grab breakfast on my way to dublin, they always did a good breakfast deal even before this fiver job. my partner and i would leave there after two full irish, tea, toast and orange just for the princely sum of €13.

And it was served at the table, no self service jobbie. i was seriously disappointed the last time i was there as it was the fiver jobbie. my heart sank when i went in and saw the self service counter. i got a bad feeling and it turned out i was right.

really really low quality sausage, puddings and bacon. No orange juice either. you get it for a fiver because the fry up grub has seriously dipped in quality. i cant go there again now because it is so so bad in comparison to before.

still though.... i know others will like it because its a fiver. just a pity standards had to drop so low to achieve the fiver price. i was happy to pay 6.50 a head for better grub and that was still very good value!

is there any finish date to this?

@Samich Seems like a set deal..been this way for months.

@abbey I dunno I guess it depends when you go in to get it as well, if there's a fresh batch just after being put out it's as great :)...if it's a quiet day and its been sitting there a while, it probably won't be as nice..luck of the draw really, and they'll get you orange juice if you ask for it!

• Advertisement

@Samich Seems like a set deal..been this way for months.

@abbey I dunno I guess it depends when you go in to get it as well, if there's a fresh batch just after being put out it's as great :)...if it's a quiet day and its been sitting there a while, it probably won't be as nice..luck of the draw really, and they'll get you orange juice if you ask for it!

x2 , no complaints bout quality from me, and i would complain

Advertisement