Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All northbound rail services terminating at Harmonstown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Enterprise, DART, Northern Commuter.

Dublin Bus honouring tickets. Anyone know what DB route goes to Belfast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

"Incident" seems to always be code for "person hit by train". Details are almost never released about these incidents.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Are those running to those stations on time though? Because that'd work out for me...

n97 mini wrote: »
    Enterprise, DART, Northern Commuter.

Dublin Bus honouring tickets. Anyone know what DB route goes to Belfast?

There's already a thread on this. Also, Belfast customers will be bussed to Drogheda/Dundalk and join a train there, as they always are in these cases.

But yeah, there should be some integration between IE, DB and local authorities so when this kind of thing happens, extra buses are laid on to serve the closed stations. There should be some actual planning being done for these forseeable events. IE know the points at which they can stop services(where trains can be easily reversed), so it shouldn't be too hard to come up with a plan for various cases and locations.

Oh, and as I typed this, twitter announces services are back going again. No DART Howth Jtn to Howth though.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

One under at Howth Jct.

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    Someone on the track according to twitter.

I could only find one tweet from someone claiming a child fell off the platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭posy2010

On a northbound dart. Driver just announced there has been an "accident" at howth junction

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Latest is a kid has falling in front of train, still alive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Jehuty42 wrote: »
    There's already a thread on this.
    I started typing first! :-p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Latest is a kid has falling in front of train, still alive
    This is accurate, I was at Howth Junction when it happened.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

I was at Howth Junction at the time, a kid did fall off the platform!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Jehuty42 wrote: »
    There's already a thread on this.

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/1207/1224308686842.html
    Boy struck by Dart treated for injuries

A 10-year-old boy was treated for serious leg injuries after being struck by a Dart at about 4.50pm yesterday. The boy fell from the platform as a northbound train arrived at Howth Junction station in north Dublin, an Iarnród Éireann spokesman said.

Emergency services brought the boy to Beaumont Hospital where he is being treated for leg injuries. All trains were suspended through the junction for half an hour, including Dart, commuter and enterprise services. Services between Howth junction and Howth were suspended until 5.55pm.

Iarnród Éireann will investigate the incident.

Advertisement