Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More excel questions....How do you freeze multiple columns??

Options
  • 06-12-2011 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hey Guys I have excel 2007 and I'm looking to freeze the first 5 columns in my spreadsheet, is that possible? I see you can freeze the first one but I need to freeze the first 5,

Thanks guys!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Scroll freeze?

If so select a cell in the column to the right of the one you want to freeze from. Then go to window freeze panes (that's in 2003 but I'm sure it's similar in 2007). Note it will also freeze all the rows above the cell you have selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭[DM]Frink

Yeah I am looking to basically lock a few columns so if I scroll across the excel window the original headings are there. You dont seem to be able to multi freeze panes. You could do it in the old excel but they seem to have removed that function, but I'm not sure......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭carveone

Excel 2007 - that's the ribbon interface (don't have that version)...

To lock multiple columns you use Freeze Panes as Clanket says. You have to select column 6 - ie: the whole column should highlight, not just one cell.

Then, according to Microsofts pictures, you use the View tab, and in the Window group click the arrow below Freeze Panes. Then select "Freeze Panes". Again I suppose - I'm going by Microsoft's description here!

Also: "The command is not available when you are in cell editing mode or when a worksheet is protected."

Bit tricky when I don't have the same version, but the same commands and options should be available...

Yeah I know I read that too but you can only freeze one single pane, but i need multi pane freezing, which ya dont see to be able to do on excel 2007.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Perfect Thanks!.....why isnt excel 2007 easier to use than 2003!? anyways cheers!!

Advertisement